(Topic ID: 213000)

FIREPOWER 1982 RARE 1 of 17K Red Variant 2nd Run CC NOS PF!

By gmkalos

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gmkalos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

002 (resized).JPG
009 (resized).JPG
033 (resized).JPG
027 (resized).JPG
006 (resized).JPG
010 (resized).JPG
004 (resized).JPG
both (resized).jpg
11719893_10207725035028009_736739258_n (resized).jpg
11355650_10207431680334325_445531219_n copy (resized).jpg
019.JPG
025.JPG
020.JPG
011.JPG
008.JPG
021.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Yea hardtops are ok but not much different than overlays and pf protectors which slow down the ball, quiet the noise of the ball rolling around and gets all kinds of debris stuck underneath them. Nothing beats a clear coated nos pf and nothing ever will.

Think this is doing them a disservice. They're clearly different than plain overlays, which have been a thorn in the side of the restoration community for a while now.

Also...clearing a playfield quiets the noise of the ball rolling around too. When I first played my Space Shuttle with the CPR playfield, it was just eerily quiet. I didn't like it. I'll still take the benefits of clearing/hardtop over NOT, but...yeah...that part is just weird to me!

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

trust me put one of my cleared pfs in your game and you'll be staring at it for days like an art critic! lol

Yes, but the entire point is that in most cases, hardtop are covering things that either haven't been run or won't be run again. I mean...you want to find me a NOS Future Spa playfield? Lemme know when you get one! Firepower is an odd bird, with prior repros, FACTORY re-runs like this one, and now hardtops.

I think there's always a market for niche stuff like your PF regardless of what they're doing. If I had a FP, I'd love to have this PF in it. Unique/oddball playfields are great! I personally don't think 1k is ludicrous for it, but my opinion often differs vastly from the market, so...

I'd believe under 10.. as far as I can remember, I haven't seen but maybe one other one of these in the 6 years I've been in the hobby.

#15 6 years ago

I don't disagree. Hardtops should really only be installed on already-roached playfields with big patches of wear or extreme planking IMO. Which should...you would think...be able to be found with minimum effort and cost reasonably. I have noticed several instances of people saying they were going to put a hardtop on and other people going "HEY WTF TRADE ME THAT AWESOME PLAYFIELD BEFORE YOU SCREW IT UP!"

Fireball 2 is such an underappreciated game.

#17 6 years ago

I've had bad luck with ME, unfortunately. I've taken it out of my toolkit until I get some trash to practice on. What I'm talking about though is like actual wood planking and potentially delamination if it's bad enough. Like it's split through the wood and you can see the actual gap. I think hardtop would be great for that, where if you tried to clear it, you'd be doing a million layers to level it out. Anyways, this convo is fun, but I don't want to distract your sale! I bet it won't be for sale for long though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-1982-rare-1-of-17k-red-variant-2nd-run-cc-nos-pf-1?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.