1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by McSquid
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

firefly-ill-be-in-my-bunk (resized).png
    E6BEE552-140A-408D-8C89-3B96FA9213B5 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4511 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9302 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9306 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9305 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9303 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9301 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9304 (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Here's a few pics of my the Firefly machine I've been building for a reeeeal long time. It runs Mission Pinball on a P3-Roc system. Many, many thanks to the fantastic communities supported by both Mission Pinball and Multimorphic, there's no way I would have made it this far without all the help they gave.

The physical machine is 90% done. All the coils and lights are done, still need to put a couple switches on the ramps after I vacuum form some permanent ramps.
    The logic is 80ish% done. All the switches score points and 6 of the 9 main modes are complete. Still need to add a multiball and some general tweaking of callouts, dmd slides, and modes needs to be done.

The main donor machine was a Big Guns. I stripped all the playfield elements and used many of them in my own layout. The rest were sold to fund the project.

The artwork for the playfield and backglass were designed using GIMP and printed out at 40 Visuals is Spring Lake, MI (super cool place - I highly recommend them if you're looking for similar work to be done). The sideart was a stencil that I cut by hand.

Here's a link to some gameplay:

IMG_9304 (resized).jpgIMG_9304 (resized).jpgIMG_9301 (resized).jpgIMG_9301 (resized).jpgIMG_9303 (resized).jpgIMG_9303 (resized).jpgIMG_9305 (resized).jpgIMG_9305 (resized).jpgIMG_9306 (resized).jpgIMG_9306 (resized).jpgIMG_9302 (resized).jpgIMG_9302 (resized).jpgIMG_4511 (resized).JPGIMG_4511 (resized).JPG
    #2 1 year ago

Cool!

#3 1 year ago

Great job

#4 1 year ago

That's beautiful, congrats! Love to see someone's dream come together like that!

#5 1 year ago

Monumental achievement!

#6 1 year ago

Looks awesome! Can’t tell it’s not a machine made by a real company. Fantastic job!

#7 1 year ago
    E6BEE552-140A-408D-8C89-3B96FA9213B5 (resized).jpegE6BEE552-140A-408D-8C89-3B96FA9213B5 (resized).jpeg
    #8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yyaaargh:

Here's a few pics of my the Firefly machine I've been building for a reeeeal long time. It runs Mission Pinball on a P3-Roc system. Many, many thanks to the fantastic communities supported by both Mission Pinball and Multimorphic, there's no way I would have made it this far without all the help they gave.
    The physical machine is 90% done. All the coils and lights are done, still need to put a couple switches on the ramps after I vacuum form some permanent ramps.
    The logic is 80ish% done. All the switches score points and 6 of the 9 main modes are complete. Still need to add a multiball and some general tweaking of callouts, dmd slides, and modes needs to be done.
    The main donor machine was a Big Guns. I stripped all the playfield elements and used many of them in my own layout. The rest were sold to fund the project.
    The artwork for the playfield and backglass were designed using GIMP and printed out at 40 Visuals is Spring Lake, MI (super cool place - I highly recommend them if you're looking for similar work to be done). The sideart was a stencil that I cut by hand.
    Here's a link to some gameplay: [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome homebrew! Those flippers look mega shallow, I bet it's a fun challenging table, amazing work and love the art you did in gimp!

#9 1 year ago
    firefly-ill-be-in-my-bunk (resized).pngfirefly-ill-be-in-my-bunk (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firefly-homebrew-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.