Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Barron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Found a 1972 Bally Fireball. Nice condition. What specifically should I be aware of outside of the usual cosmetic Cab damage, BG flake & PF wear.
Thanks in advance,
Lee

#2 8 years ago

As I own a 1972 Fireball, there are several things I can think of.

1. Wavy plastics. Mine still need to be flattened.
2. Zipper Flippers. Make sure all the "parts" are there.
3. Backglass. Plastic or glass? No flaking on the plastic, but check for scratches.

Good luck to you!

#3 8 years ago

Is it supposed to be functional, or a project game?

In any case, congrats, this is a great game with some unusual cool features.

#4 8 years ago

The cosmetic stuff I'm not worried about. This is a rescue. Zipper Flippers are one thing I've never worked on. What specifically am I looking for? Could you post a picture of yours? Thanks for the input. It will sit next to my Grand Prix when finished.

#5 8 years ago

Hi Pinballocks
You think about buying a Fireball ?
Well, of course: Backglass Color ? , Playfield Color ?
And then the "Fireball specific features - do they work ?": Zipper-Mechanism*** of flippers ? , the "Turntable" works ?, the Mushroom-Bumpers work ?, the left-bottom Kickout-Kicker works ?, the two Eject-Holes work ?

Zipper-Mechanism***: ipdb -> http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=852 -> schema -> at E-34 is the "closing coil" and the 1.25 Amp Fuse (for this coil). IF (if) a preowner was tired of replacing blown 1.25 Amp Fuses and has put-in there a 10 to 15 Amp Fuse -> the windings in the coil may be shut (insulation overheated, melted) and the coil has to be replaced - very hard to get such a Coil ...

Hihi, we german speaking pinball-addicts sometimes try to get help from pinsiders - here: http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/howto/cms/pages/reparaturanleitungen/spulen-wickeln.php -> the fixing of such a Zipper-Flipper-Mechanism-Coil.
Greetings Rolf

#6 8 years ago

Many thanks Rolf. That's a great help. I posted on an EM FB site & all I got was smartass answers about prices. I'll post pix, if & when I rescue the beast. Thanks again!

#7 8 years ago

Fun game! Not sure if it's like 4 Million BC, but 4 Million has a ax/bx relay that would keep track of the multiball. If it was in the wrong possition (after a cleaning or removing a ball in the tar pit), it would think there should be two balls on the playing field and want to knock two balls into the shooter lane.

Looking forward to picks! Here's a nice video of a guy showing some the layout of a Fireball.

#8 8 years ago

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-what-should-i-look-out-for and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.