I have the switch gaps on the slings adjusted pretty tightly, but may have to tighten them up a bit more, enough to resolve this issue, but not so much to cause chatter. I can live with it as it is right now, it doesn't occur that often.
The other issue, I think I got it resolved. I pulled off the 1K score reel today, cleaned it up and still had the issue. I manually walked through the reel movement using a small flat head screwdriver. The reel moved as it should, and when I got to the point that it had to turn over the 10K reel, there was a slight difference, it took more of a plunging effort. I pulled another 1K reel off and it did the same thing, so my assumption is this is how it's supposed to work, probably to give the 10K reel enough time to fire.
Anyway, still had the same problem after all of this.
If you zoom in, note that orange and green wire. I noticed that there was a lot of the wire strand exposed. None of the strands were broken, but a small section of the exposed area was unwrapped, so to speak. Looking at all of the other reel switches, there was an insulator on every one. So, I pulled that wire, trimmed about a 1/4 inch of it, put a tube insulator on it and hooked it back up. I have tried half a dozen times to replicate the issue, but it has not occurred since.
There is an insulator tube on the other wire going to that switch and it looked to be in the proper place so I don't know that there was any issue there. Who knows, it seems to be working.