IMG_2413_(resized).JPG
IMG_2426_(resized).JPG
IMG_2427_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
FB1_(resized).jpg
FB2_(resized).jpg
FB3_(resized).jpg
TPFwinner_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I brought it to Texas Pinball Festival last week.

thanks for bringing your stellar example machine. I enjoyed playing it very much. It was a game I had on my short list and was thinking it would be my first EM. Realized after playing a nice example that is has no lasting power for me. Too little skill and too much luck for my tastes along with so much being based on the skillshot.

Beautiful game with some great toys (esp for that era), but just a brutal random monster.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's actually not true, nor is it funny.
It conflates the common "thug/trash" argument with the decidedly middle-aged, middle class or rural demographic you see in the hobby. I really don't see too many "25 year old jackwagon with 6" inches of underwear showing , arms and neck covered in tats, huge holes in his ears being pried open by metal hardware, and his freiking hat on backwards" at pinball shows.
Maybe I'm missing something but that's not a real common sight for me in pinball - DMD/EM or otherwise.

also funny as he says all the DMDs are expensive/overpriced. Isn't Fireball one of the most expensive EMs around?

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

The worst part about this thread is that after people read it and rated Fireball for the first time it dropped from 35 to 44 lol

lol. Very true. Anytime a game comes up in one of these threads it prompts me to go give it my rating. In this case my rating will cause it to drop.

I think a few of us should go pick the right offbeat title and go rate it all 9.9-10.0 on some saturday (get enought rankings so it pops on the list finaly the following Sunday) just to have to rise to the top and then get beat back the following week

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

If Xerico was able to score 130,000 points on that game during tournament play in TPF, then it was NOT a random monster. It's a super hard game with wide outlanes. It's a pin where everything is deadly dangerous until you close the zipper flippers and then...

that is the whole thing, though... It ia super random and hence why there was such a wide range of scores with no real grouping in the top/middle where a game with more skill would naturally occur.

I only played it a couple times in the competition. 1st game was 3 house balls and I never got a chance to close the zippers. 2nd game the mushroom didn't close the zippers unless you hit is perfect/hard so I it really wasnt a zipper flipper for me, lol.

It really is probably one of the most random EMs I have ever played (and that is saying alot since most EMs are pretty random to begin with). It also seems to be entirely based on skillshot and then just some total random action/luck. Get lucky and put up a big score by locking and replunging and hitting bit points on skillshots then try to dump to the pops. Get unlucky and never touch a ball. Fun for the novelty but I learned enough that it is no longer on the list unless one pops up for a really good price. I would rather get an Atlantis or 4milBC as my first EM at this point.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I brought this game as a proud parent would display his child.

you should be proud, it was an amazing condition game and it showed how much you have done to it. Thanks again for sharing it.

Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

there are a few people that just have to crap on a game they have zero experience on or were unfortunate to not have the best experience on.

I was not crapping on YOUR game, just stating that in general it is not for me as a deck to own. It is extremely random and up until I played it at TPF I had thought it was possibly a game I would like to own. The randomness of the entire game and reliance on skillshot made me realize it is not worth the price to me.

Still a pretty game and cool feature and HAPPY to have been able to play your example! IMO, just not one for me and I will seek out a different EM as my first.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I do not agree with your assessment of Bally Fireball.

we can agree to disagree.

5 ball game and 4k per plunge = 20k just in skill shots.
The largest grouping got 5 skillshots and not much else.
A skilled player would be overrunning this luck factor by locking 2 balls and releasing them every ball (at minimum), effectively making it a 15 plunge game or 60k ONLY on the plunge. Since the highest score was less than 80k in your data, I see luck that won that hypothetical battle between luck v. skill.

Quoted from Xerico:

20 Players scored more than 19,999 but less than 30,000

5 skillshots does not = fun pinball for me.
Random monster that tossed balls out the gaping maws of outlanes and center drain is just that, a random game with lots of luck. Not a game I want in my collection. I actually liked the Cleopatra much better for game play.

#73 8 years ago

I can say I am realy looking forward to the World EM Pinball championships in MI/VFW in 2 months, specifically with the thought of more closely evaluating what title I may actually want to seek out.

I was recently told my collection of games is crap without 1 EM and even though I am pretty fearful of learning how to work on EMs, I have to say I think the person that said it was right. I value a diverse collection which means I need atleast 1 EM.

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You read the articles?

welcome back ODIN!

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Couldn't say. After I deactivated I tried to log back in after a couple days and it said I had to wait seven. After seven days it said I had to wait thirty. Never received a message regarding any of this. It's all good though. I got a lot done.

I think the rules are 1st deactivation = 7 days
2nd = 30 days
3rd = done forever/ go make a new account

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

he was not specifically targeted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-ranked-35?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.