IMG_2413_(resized).JPG
IMG_2426_(resized).JPG
IMG_2427_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
FB1_(resized).jpg
FB2_(resized).jpg
FB3_(resized).jpg
TPFwinner_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 8 years ago

Fireball is a game that I've had a sea change on. Playing it when it first came out, the spinning disc and the multiball was something totally different, so I played the game a lot.

It was always at the top of my list of wants. Then I played it again a few years back and my mind changed. I'm not as far down on it as boatcat, but it's also really no longer on my list. I'm not really much of a fan of multiball, because I think pinball is the art of controlling the ball and shooting at targets, and there's really not a lot of controlling and shooting going on with three balls bouncing around continually. And I agree that there's really not a lot to do on the game outside of locking up the balls and then getting them released. Maybe if I liked multiball more I'd like the game more. The kicker and ball return gate, I have on my 1967 Surfers, so it's not really a novelty to me.

I don't think it's a bad game by any means, and in good condition it's a real looker art wise, but as a player, to me it's just average, and not worth what it costs to get one.

#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Boatcat:

Hey, RT................. You kind of revealed it all in this statement.
I'll go with the sentiments of NicoVolta, EM'sInKC and Whysnow. xTheBlackKnightx says, most hold onto them with a death grip, but they're in storage. You mean they don't even bother to display it in their gamerooms? Not a surprise, it's novelty driven, and that's about it. I need a game-lasting objective or sequence to sustain my interest. OK, that's a single-player mindset, I get it. The game has 1 too many options for me, that friggin' spinning disc. I might've even warmed up to it a bit if it didn't have this!
Hey, Levi............ Can you say YOU really played it? Don't recall the replay thresholds, but let's say at 60K, how long/how many times will I need to send/sustain the ball in thumper land even at the skill shot "100 when lit" value to get there?

This is kind of my issue with most multiplayer EM games. I want the game long objective. Playing a multiplayer is like playing five 1 ball games. That's probably why I only own just Grand Prix, which I consider a really great multiplayer game.

#56 8 years ago

And it won't pop up at a good price unless it's just roached.

I played it enough in the 70s to know it really well. As I said, I think the novelty of some of the stuff on it was cool, mainly the disc. Then years away from it tended to make it better in my memory than it really was. If I came across one somewhere I'd still give it a game or two out of nostalgia. Putting it in the house to play all the time, that I wouldn't do.

#97 8 years ago

Clay has come on here before and said that when you own games up in that range (1000 or more) you've got a serious hoarding issue. He even included himself a bit in that, although he's different with the VFW deal where the game are set up and playing. When you've got them stacked like cordwood in a storage facility to where there are games that you'd have to spend days digging to get, you've gone past collecting and you're hoarding. There's simply no way to rotate that many games.

I'd love to own more than I do, but there has to be a limit. I think if I could get up to about 20, all set up and playing, I'd be happy. I simply don't have that room. I also have a wife and that's a limiting factor. But I think the dividing line between being a collector and hoarder is when you last actually saw, much less played, some of the games. It's cool to have a ton of games, but if you can't even see them, much less play them, what's the point?

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! I'm still amazed that when I tried to log in today there wasn't another six months added to the ban.

What did you do to get the ban hammer?

#128 8 years ago

De-activating? Really? What, is that Pinside hari-kari or something? Bizarre.

If I get tired of being on a message board, I just don't go on it. I certainly don't "de-activate" or self immolate or anything like that.

Anyway, welcome back.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I de-activated because my friend advised me to. Seems I was ruffling some feathers around here in regards to stupid pinball themes of late and ones I thought would be cool got thrown to the basement like trash. Pinside now decides what should and should not be a valid pinball theme. Good thing is I don't and won't be buying any of them.

So what, you kill your account or something like that? I guess I'm not really clear on what "de-activating" really is. It's certainly not something like when you clear your cache and you have to sign back in.

#135 8 years ago

I never look at the front page so I guess I missed something. All I ever read is this forum, sometimes the restoration forum, and the odd post if I happen to see something interesting on the Forum front page.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-ranked-35?tu=emsinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.