IMG_2413_(resized).JPG
IMG_2426_(resized).JPG
IMG_2427_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
FB1_(resized).jpg
FB2_(resized).jpg
FB3_(resized).jpg
TPFwinner_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974deltaqueen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 8 years ago

35 is ballpark for me because off the top of my head I can name 30 EM's I like better . As far as lines to play new DMD games that's great for us serious EM Baby Boomers. Let the 25 year old jackwagon with 6" inches of underwear showing , arms and neck covered in tats, huge holes in his ears being pried open by metal hardware, and his freiking hat on backwards . Yup let "those guys"play all the over-priced light & sound show boxes of Christmas Decorations for hours . Thus keeping them off the EM's

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's actually not true, nor is it funny.
It conflates the common "thug/trash" argument with the decidedly middle-aged, middle class or rural demographic you see in the hobby. I really don't see too many "25 year old jackwagon with 6" inches of underwear showing , arms and neck covered in tats, huge holes in his ears being pried open by metal hardware, and his freiking hat on backwards" at pinball shows.
Maybe I'm missing something but that's not a real common sight for me in pinball - DMD/EM or otherwise. Still, I guess it has its place in this thread as any EM thread needs a fare share of "get off my lawn!" type old-man ranting.

It was meant to be funny not a knock on pinball hobbyists more of a knock on today's youth. (.Easily sucked in by bells, whistles, and spinning houses) I've seen these bozos I described at shows but they're the exception not the rule, point taken. Whoever said SS brought on the video games you sir are spot on. I quit playing once Gold Strike was replaced with PAC Man in the Arcades. A local beach arcade held EM's into the Early 90's and then they sold out. Sad day for me.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

King Rock is hands down worst 5 EM

I'll argue for Aquarius that game mucks soose. And Big Ben is a
Blow-fest but it's still better than 90% of most Chicago Coins (Boat Anchors) .

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

I am building my collection of pinball machines and want to go after a couple of EM's. I've read a lot of your comments and respect your opinion. If you were going to own 20 EM's, which would they be? (serious question, btw). Thanks in advance for your time in answering my question.

You're in Maine a few AAB have been known to migrated up from NY/CT. If you don't likevAAB then just pick it's replay version

Cowpoke
Pleasure Isle
Diamond Jack
Dimension
Hearts & Spades
Melody
Gold Strike
Ice Show
Flipper Pool
Free Fall
Joker Poker
Astro
Mini Pool
Lucky Hand
Abra ca Dabra
Palooka
King & Queens
Jack in the Box
Big Indian
Trade Winds

#160 8 years ago

I respectfully disagree with Boatcat on Pleasure Isle. I waited for years to get one and they will have to pry my cold dead hands off the mofo when I die. The replay version is Paradise, nothing beats backbox hula girl animation. The games I listed are anywhere from 500 up to 3000 if collector quality. I did not include Pop a Card or Captain Card. Played them throughout high school, owned both of them, they did not keep my interest. If there was ever an arguement for AAB over replay simply play a game of High Hand.... LOL.

I own one Bally, A Delta Queen. Not a super duper player, simple game, but the artwork and fun is off the charts. And the nice things about some of those Ballys... you move one pin and it's replay or AAB, gives you options.

#162 8 years ago

No offense taken Boatcat. I would take Pleasure Isle for the artwork and double backbox animation. That playfield is vibrant and I really love the strategy and progressive rule set for a 2 player pin. I actually own this game and Melody. I also own a Dimension, 5 Kickout holes, but not connected. High Hand sucks, I agree, in fact I don't care for Capt. Card either, I am glad everyone wants CC because Free Fall is so much better of a game for me and it was a lot less coin to find a mint one. Kings and Queens, great game, too PINK for my manly lineup.

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

And when it does, you are having a helluva game!
Marcus

Mine had a ball count issue. It would give you one ball per play. Talk ABout a challenge! I did knock down all 16 drops on one ball but it was the hardest I ever worked for a WOW

2 weeks later
#196 8 years ago

Take 30 minutes and use some metal polish and a cloth on a spinning drill to polish the plunger and carriage bolts.

nah man, YOu have to get a Tumbler, it's the only way to shine the bejesus out of those bolts. It's like a Ronco, set it and forget it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974deltaqueen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-ranked-35?tu=1974deltaqueen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.