IMG_7117.JPG
IMG_7124.JPG
IMG_7125.JPG
IMG_7116.JPG
IMG_7115.JPG
IMG_7123.jpg
IMG_7119.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Ron Kruzman restored my Fireball playfield and did a stellar job! This playfield was in poor condition (and that is an understatement), but Ron brought it back to life. Thank you Mr. Kruzman! IMG_7119.JPGIMG_7119.JPG IMG_7123.jpgIMG_7123.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Great job, great game.

#3 11 years ago

Looks good. Got any 'before' pics?

#4 11 years ago

More pics:

IMG_7115.JPGIMG_7115.JPG IMG_7125.JPGIMG_7125.JPG IMG_7124.JPGIMG_7124.JPG

#5 11 years ago

More pics...

IMG_7116.JPGIMG_7116.JPG IMG_7117.JPGIMG_7117.JPG IMG_7118.JPGIMG_7118.JPG

#6 11 years ago

I also had a 1972 FB and I asked Ron to restore and I did not get the same answer as you did.... That PF looks sweet, Ron is AWESOME at what he does. Big Thanks to Ron for your tallent in this hobby.

Steve

#7 11 years ago

looks like you went with the high level. Looks great.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Looks good. Got any 'before' pics?

Yeah, I'd like to see where my FB playfield compares with your 'before' pics because the 'after' looks freaking fantastic!

A PF like that would look great in my repainted cab!

#9 11 years ago

I will dig around and find the "before" pictures - the contrast is really quite dramatic.

Kruzman only has one level of restoration - wicked awesome!

#10 11 years ago

Sounds like I may have to send a FB playfield his way, then. Might as well: I still haven't gotten the damn thing working!

#11 11 years ago

I know he worked on that thing forever and put something like 400 hours into it I wanna say. Looks like it was worth the wait.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#12 11 years ago

Wow those colors ae really popping!!! Lookin' forward to the before pics.

#13 11 years ago

It looks like a brand new playfield! Wow!

#14 11 years ago

400 hours! I'm dying to see these before pics.

#15 11 years ago

I don't do different levels of restoration. I am only interested in making the pf look as good as it can look, no matter what it takes. Here are some pics of once I started sanding it. Since the area between the flippers is just wood, I had to ruin a lot of paint to get the flaws in the wood looking good. Anyway, I didn't want to send the finish product home because I fell in love with it. Thanks for the good words as well as the job, ron k

JP_complete_fireball_before_016.JPGJP_complete_fireball_before_016.JPG JP_complete_fireball_before_023.JPGJP_complete_fireball_before_023.JPG

#16 11 years ago

Here is the best pic to show the amount of work. I repainted 100% of the pf, and most of it was triple coat to get rid of brush strokes. There are no floating levels of paint on top of clear either

JP_complete_fireball_before_016.JPGJP_complete_fireball_before_016.JPG

#17 11 years ago

Ridiculously awesome.

#18 11 years ago

yup, that was a crap ton of work. Nicely done ron.

#19 11 years ago

and as always I'm sure he charged way too little for the amount of work he did. Incredible as always.

#20 11 years ago

I've seen the playfield in person! It looks so good!! Nice Kruzman!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-playfield-restored-by-ron-kruzman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.