(Topic ID: 212751)

Solved - Fireball II Squawk & Talk board Dead?

By gmkalos

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gmkalos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

002.JPG
    006.JPG
    004.JPG
    007.JPG
    008.JPG
    #1 6 years ago

I am working on overhauling a Fireball 2, re-capped the squawk and talk board, cleaned all 3 volume pots with contact cleaner, tested the speaker, removed all the chips that were socketed, varnished the legs and re-seated them. I can hear the speech pot increase in volume (white noise) when I attenuate it. The sound pot on the board will bump the speaker on max but does not seem to increase or decrease the white noise.

Before I recapped it I could sometimes hear the sounds from scoring very very faintly but no speech or background sound. Occasionally the volume would increase but would go in and out only staying for a second. The green trouble led will flash a few times on start up and 1 in like 20 times when flipping the power switch will stay on?

Any help trying to get this board working would be much appreciated. Perhaps if I could test some voltages on the chips or something? The last picture is with the original caps. I am waiting for an alltek ultimate solenoid driver board.

008.JPG008.JPG
    007.JPG007.JPG
    004.JPG004.JPG
    006.JPG006.JPG
    002.JPG002.JPG

#2 6 years ago

Oh well, buying a new one thanks mypinballs!

https://mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-ii-squawk-talk-board-dead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.