• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BigAl56
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi Guys,

Not much of a technician, so coming to the experts.

My Fireball II is intermittently resetting mid-game. I've never had the head open when it happens to see if it's actually rebooting, but it starts another game pretty quick, so I don't think it is.

It's typically mid-game and doesn't seem to happen during any specific ball.

At times bonus lights 1-2-3 and 4 come on solid and the game goes into a loud siren type sound. No clue what that's tellin' me.

Any help from you early Bally SS and specifically Fireball II experts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much, guys!

Sincerely, Tim

#2 4 years ago

I would say there is a bad connection at the MPU. Older Bally games often suffer from corroded pin connections.

Are you using the original MPU? If so maybe post some close up pictures of it.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from BallyTim:

the game goes into a loud siren type sound. No clue what that's tellin' me.

The siren sound is telling you the game has sensed a slam tilt switch activation which causes the game to reset and siren. You can confirm the behavior by activating one of the two slam switches.
Check the switch contact gaps on the coin door slam switch which is close to the hinge. The other slam switch is on the tilt panel left side of the cabinet just in front of the tilt plumb bob.

If the switch contacts are gapped enough, you have an issue lurking in the games switch matrix and will need to run through some diagnosis in switch test mode.

#4 4 years ago

Thanks so much, guys! I appreciate the education!

#5 4 years ago

Also check your front door coin switches. If one of them shorts out you can get weird seemingly random switch issues like this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 90.00
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
£ 195.00
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
$ 10.00
$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-ii-resetting?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.