New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 278020)

Fireball II GIs Going Out Intermittently During Play - Normal?

By BallyTim

32 days ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by BallyTim
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 32 days ago

Hi Fireball II Guys, Can any of you share with me as to if you experience your GIs going out intermittently during game play? They all just go out for a few seconds and come back on. Haven't noticed a certain event at the time they do it. Rest of playfield lights stay on, but being the playfield is so dark to begin with, this just makes it harder to see for these old eyes. FYI - Lamp Driver has been changed out. Thanks for your time, Tim

#2 32 days ago

I've owned a couple of that title. My 1st had a similar issue with the wiring on the right side getting pinched under the PF to the wooden PF supports. Lift the PF and look at all the wiring routing along the bottom edges.

#3 32 days ago

I had a friend of mines Fireball II for awhile , I think a lot of the GI is controlled by the Aux Lamp driver board.

wiggle the connector , prolly just need to re-flow the solder on that boards header pin

#4 31 days ago

Also make sure the load lamp for the flasher board is not missing or replaced with an led.

#5 31 days ago

In addition to all the other good advice, make sure there is a good ground connection to the Aux Lamp Driver. Had the same issue on Elektra, did all of the above, GI (and Solenoid Expander) behave perfectly after Aux Lamp Driver ground was good.

1 week later
#6 21 days ago

Thanks so very much, guys! I really appreciate it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 149.00
1,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peabody, MA
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 90.00
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside