FBII Switch Pic 1 (resized).jpeg
20230116_210140 (resized).jpg
20220726_173919 (resized).jpg
20220726_173907 (resized).jpg
IMG_6713 (resized).jpg
IMG_6714 (resized).jpg
F779B9A1-76D2-4229-8510-56EBF085650B (resized).png
288FDA87-9183-414C-AD85-B73E1EC7F67E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neurokinetik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

There is a game setting that gives you the option to only collect the Fireball bonus at the saucers, rather than at every end-of-ball. Doing so makes the game much more challenging, and adds some risk/reward strategy to it.

1 week later
#32 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Do the two banks of drops on the sides have little value in the game other than points?
-mof

Left side advances Fireball bonus, right side advances doomsday bonus. Center bank advances doomsday bonus multiplier, and A-B-C-D advances Fireball bonus multiplier. Bonuses can get big in this game, much like Fathom with its two bonuses.

#34 8 years ago

Doomsday bonus is collected at end of ball. Fireball bonus is collected at the lit saucers, and depending on the DIP switch setting, it can also be collected at end of ball. I prefer that setting to be off, so you have to collect it at the saucers.

2 months later
#68 8 years ago

Doesn't answer your question, but I'll just leave this here...IMG_1668.jpgIMG_1668.jpg

1 week later
#105 8 years ago

Doomsday bonus is all built off the center and right drop target banks. Increase the multiplier by completing the center bank. Collect at drain.

Left side bank and rollover switches advance fireball bonus. Increase the fireball bonus multiplier by making A-B-C-D. Collect at the lit saucer, and possibly at drain, depending on game settings.

#107 8 years ago

That is correct. You can build both bonuses, but the only one you can collect repeatedly at the saucers is the fireball bonus.

1 week later
#108 8 years ago

If you put LEDs in the GI of Fireball II, you're going to have a bad time... unless you do GI smoothing.

6.9uF was the magic number to tame the flashing on mine. Just add it to the output of the aux driver board that does not have the big heatsink on it. (The one with the big heatsink is for the flashers in the "doodlebug" area). Pic shows a 68uF capacitor, but this was not the final value chosen.

IMG_1710.JPGIMG_1710.JPG

Here's how it looks. I can tune this a bit by changing the capacitor size, lower value gives me more effect, larger value gives me less effect.

#109 8 years ago

dupe

#111 8 years ago

Not sure. It would only be applicable to games that use the pictured aux driver board to flash the GI. I don't know which games besides Fireball II use them.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from SerendipitySail:

Has anyone had a sound board that stopped playing background music and certain target sounds? This just happened to my FB II. I tried switching to other self test #18 sound settings, but nothing brought it back. I tried cleaning the pins & checked that the volume controls on the board are working properly. I've seen a number of posts that suggest replacing all of the electrolytic capacitors. I'd be interested in feedback before proceeding. BTW- thanks neurokinetik for the GI smoothing. I'll definitely do that.

That sounds like what happened on mine. The capacitor replacement fixed it for me.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Does this approach work for other early Bally solid states?
-mof

Just for grins, I went on Marco's site, and the aux GI flasher board is used on the following games:

Centaur
Centaur II
Elektra
Fireball II (obviously)
Gold Ball
Mr And Mrs Pac Man
Spectrum
Vector

#117 8 years ago

Try adjusting the pots a bit on the sound board and see if you get anything, as well as checking the speaker connector on the board and the main volume pot on the coin door.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Not sure how I missed this before, but this is great news. I'm going to have to try this. Right now I still have incandescent bulbs, but when I upgrade, i will try this for sure. Thanks for sharing!

I'll add it to the classic bally club posting so more people see it, since it is applicable to more games than just Fireball II.

1 week later
#154 8 years ago

Does it still blow fuses if you pull the connector off of the GI aux driver flasher board?

1 week later
#159 8 years ago

Yes. The one with the heatsink is for the doodlebug, and the one without the heatsink is for the GI. I'd start with the obvious, all four bulbs might actually be bad.

1 week later
#162 8 years ago

We need some good instruction cards for this game.

1 week later
#165 8 years ago

Since I haven't had any solid bites on mine that is for sale, I've continued to tweak it so that it plays as well as it possibly can.

Wotan saucer no longer rejects, at all. Moving the metal piece behind the saucer took care of that.

Did the best I could to eliminate the ball hop from the lane guide to the flipper. Can't be fixed without a replacement ball guide, unfortunately.

Lastly, I learned something about the inlane that I never noticed before: There are actually three different ways you can configure it, to make it easier or harder.

The slingshot rubber can either go around the outside of the post where the gate attaches, or around the inside. On the outside, it makes the inlane very narrow and bouncy. I also noticed that the one-way gates hit the slingshot rubbers when you have it configured this way, so you can't have the gates in there with the narrow outlanes. This is the "brutally hard" configuration.

Alternately, you can route that rubber so that it goes inside the post. In this configuration, you either can use the gates (easier) or not (harder).

Look closely at the pics in this thread and you will see all three different configurations. One of the pics Aurich posted on the first page actually has the left and right sides configured differently.

3 weeks later
#181 8 years ago

We played mine last night on "Bro Do You Even Pinball".

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gq8YhzdBINE?autoplay=1&rel=0

Also, here is the old playfield, just for comparison's sake. It's not bad under the mylar, but the unprotected areas have seen better days. IMG_1653.jpgIMG_1653.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 195.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Freeland, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neurokinetik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-ii-club-members-only?tu=neurokinetik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.