Topic Stats

• 433 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by scampcamp
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 144 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191009_204808 (resized).jpg
20191006_092340 (resized).jpg
20190928_065122 (resized).jpg
20190928_065114 (resized).jpg
20190928_065108 (resized).jpg
20190928_063257 (resized).jpg
20190928_063251 (resized).jpg
20190928_063245 (resized).jpg
20190928_063237 (resized).jpg
IMG_2760 (resized).JPG
20190924_165613 (resized).jpg
20190917_181429 (resized).jpg
20190917_181417 (resized).jpg
Image20 (resized).jpg
20190910_201732 (resized).jpg
20190910_201732 (resized).jpg

There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 28 days ago

Do you worry much if your playfield isn't perfect?

I've tried a rag with simple green, magic eraser with 91% alcohol & magic eraser with Naphtha but the dirt/swirl marks are still visible. I'm a little weary about rubbing too hard.

There are some areas that could use touch-ups also but.... maybe it's ok for some games to have a few flaws.... as long as it plays well.

Thanks to Grumpy (Don) it plays like it brand new.
20190917_181417 (resized).jpg20190917_181429 (resized).jpg

#402 27 days ago
Quoted from mecanikus:

Hey all I am looking for a replacement playfield for my FB2. Can you guys put me on a lead?

They're hard to come by. But they do pop up from time to time. Keep your eye on ebay. I got mine from a seller in France back in 2007. Also, I would imagine that if one did pop up, it would be expensive.

Flippers.com might be something you would want to look into for restoring your current playfield. Might be worth contacting them.

Good luck.....

Fireball Awaits You!

#403 27 days ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Do you worry much if your playfield isn't perfect?
I've tried a rag with simple green, magic eraser with 91% alcohol & magic eraser with Naphtha but the dirt/swirl marks are still visible. I'm a little weary about rubbing too hard.
There are some areas that could use touch-ups also but.... maybe it's ok for some games to have a few flaws.... as long as it plays well.
Thanks to Grumpy (Don) it plays like it brand new.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What is it with Fireball II playfields and that type of damage? The pictures you display look NIB, compared to what I had. The game playfield and the spare parts field I found after, were in terrible shape.

1 week later
#404 20 days ago

Is this a HUGE coincidence ?

My Fireball ll boards have been rebuilt but the Same Player Shoots Again light was the only 1 not working. I replaced the Q40 SCR on the lamp board& still didn't fix it.

I tested the blue w yellow wire & it was good.

I then put the wire for the 50k in the spot for The Same Player Shoots Again & it works then.

Then I put in my totally bulletproofed EBD board (Same board) by Chris Hibler & The Same Player Shoots Again doesn't work.

The only thing we think it may be is a bad Q40 SCR. But could this be on both rebuilt boards ??

I appreciate any of your thoughts.

#405 20 days ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

My Fireball ll boards have been rebuilt but the Same Player Shoots Again light was the only 1 not working. I replaced the Q40 SCR on the lamp board& still didn't fix it.
I then put the wire for the 50k in the spot for The Same Player Shoots Again & it works then.
Then I put in my totally bulletproofed EBD board (Same board) by Chris Hibler & The Same Player Shoots Again doesn't work.
The only thing we think it may be is a bad Q40 SCR. But could this be on both rebuilt boards ??

Did you ground the output of the SCR that drives the lamp?
it could be a bad connection on the connector to the lamp.

#406 20 days ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Did you put the 50k wire at the lamp socket or at the connector?
Are you sure the board print headers are reflowed?
Check A5J3-22

#407 20 days ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Did you put the 50k wire at the lamp socket or at the connector?
Are you sure the board print headers are reflowed?
Check A5J3-22

I moved the 50k wire to where the blue with yellow wire goes & the Same Player Shoots Again light worked but with the blue with yellow wire in the 50k spot on the connector... the 50k didn't work which did work before I switched wires.

I will reflow print header pins & check A5J3-22

Thanks for the reply

#408 20 days ago
20190924_165613 (resized).jpg
#409 19 days ago

You must test the lamps in test mode. In attract mode, the "Same player shoots again" doesn't light. It's the case on nearly all the Bally pinball machines of these years.

I would appreciate to have some pictures of the wiring of the 4 flash lamps, and specially of the first bulb at the left bottom (when playfield is up) where there are green, yellow and black wires. Thanks in advance.

IMG_2760 (resized).JPG
#410 19 days ago
Quoted from Manu2:

You must test the lamps in test mode. In attract mode, the "Same player shoots again" doesn't light. It's the case on nearly all the Bally pinball machines of these years.
I would appreciate to have some pictures of the wiring of the 4 flash lamps, and specially of the first bulb at the left bottom (when playfield is up) where there are green, yellow and black wires. Thanks in advance.[quoted image]

Now that you say that.... Grumpy mentioned I should try doing the lamp test mode & I completely forgot. Thank you

#411 19 days ago
Quoted from Manu2:

I would appreciate to have some pictures of the wiring of the 4 flash lamps, and specially of the first bulb at the left bottom (when playfield is up) where there are green, yellow and black wires. Thanks in advance.[quoted image]

Let me know if you need better or more pictures. Thanks again.

20190928_063237 (resized).jpg20190928_063245 (resized).jpg20190928_063251 (resized).jpg20190928_063257 (resized).jpg
#412 19 days ago
20190928_065114 (resized).jpg20190928_065108 (resized).jpg20190928_065122 (resized).jpg
#413 19 days ago

I see you have a led in the socket.
Did you also try it with a normal light bulb?

#414 19 days ago
Quoted from Manu2:

You need to find the solid "black" wire that is NOT the magnet wires.
The magnet "black" wires are "NOT" part of the lamp bright/flasher circuit.
You have a green jumper that should not be.... it is in the wrong place.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MOC 3011 driver
J1-1 GND (85) black-white wire
J1-2 +7volt (20) solid blue wire
J1-3 scr driver (98) gray-black wire
J1-4 n/u
J1-5 key
J1-6 output gnd driver (80) solid black wire... drives the four #921 lamps
#921 lamps are "daisy chained" together to +43 volt "yellow" wire.
Note: remove J1 connector.
---- a) remove #921 lamps from sockets.
---- b) use meter to find "black" wire from J1 to 1st lamp socket (continuity test)
---- c) the black wire is not the black wires to the magnet.
---- c) orange-green wire goes to relay contact assembly.

#415 19 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

You need to find the solid "black" wire that is NOT the magnet wires.
The magnet "black" wires are "NOT" part of the lamp bright/flasher circuit.
You have a green jumper that should not be.... it is in the wrong place.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MOC 3011 driver
J1-1 GND (85) black-white wire
J1-2 +7volt (20) solid blue wire
J1-3 scr driver (98) gray-black wire
J1-4 n/u
J1-5 key
J1-6 output gnd driver (80) solid black wire... drives the four #921 lamps
#921 lamps are "daisy chained" together to +43 volt "yellow" wire.
Note: remove J1 connector.
---- a) remove #921 lamps from sockets.
---- b) use meter to find "black" wire from J1 to 1st lamp socket (continuity test)
---- c) the black wire is not the black wires to the magnet.
---- c) orange-green wire goes to relay contact assembly.

Are you talking to me about my Same Player Shoots Again light not coming on ?

When I put it in "Lamp Test Mode " all lamps worked... including the Same Player Shoots Again.

I'm not sure why this is the only light that doesn't in attract mode though..... interesting.

#416 19 days ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

When I put it in "Lamp Test Mode " all lamps worked... including the Same Player Shoots Again.
I'm not sure why this is the only light that doesn't in attract mode though..... interesting.

No... it is for manu2 ... He is having trouble with the Bright/Flasher circuit.
Note:
SPSA never are on in attract mode.
Sometimes Specials are never on in attract mode.
It just depends on the game.
Data East attract mode does not light all of the lights...
From them it is a program flaw... e.g. sweeping fx.
Same for some Bally games...
The list of little game flaws can go on and on.

#417 19 days ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

This is normal in Bally games from this era.
That is why we ask to put the game in lamp test to be sure it is working or not.
If the settings in the game are right (factory) you can play a game and get the extra ball.
You will see the Same Player Shoots Again lamp turned on.

#418 17 days ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

That is a result of legal codes, and why the light does not function in attract mode. Pins were classified as gambling devices in many jurisdictions throughout the United States.

Gambling devices/advertisements and things of that nature. The GI light under the left apron at the bottom only flashes when you have available credits.

#419 12 days ago

Could somebody please post the correct rubber ring layout map?

The 1 in the manual is very vague & the playfields I've seen online are different from playfield to playfield. Thank you

#420 12 days ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Could somebody please post the correct rubber ring layout map?
The 1 in the manual is very vague & the playfields I've seen online are different from playfield to playfield. Thank you

Witch part do you find befuddling? The top rubber rings are stretched in odd configurations...
which could be hard if you are missing a post or two. I would check out the games flyer for
more directions on how the rings are positioned.
Regards.

#421 11 days ago

I am missing the spacers like the 1 in the photo. I am going to Ace hardware to see if I can find it.

Does anyone know it's dimensions? Thanks

20191006_092340 (resized).jpg
#422 8 days ago

Does your Fireball ll have this post near the front pop bumper?

It looks to me like a pop rivet someone put there because the ball was getting stuck.... not sure though.
20191009_204808 (resized).jpg

#423 8 days ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

It looks to me like a pop rivet someone put there because the ball was getting stuck.... not sure though.

That is not OEM... Somebodies fab job.
I never had a ball stuck by the center thumper bumper.

#424 7 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

That is not OEM... Somebodies fab job.
I never had a ball stuck by the center thumper bumper.

Yes, I think you are correct. The Advance "Doomsday" Bonus plastic was missing so maybe then the ball had a better chance of getting stuck in that area.

I will try to remove the rivet & fill it in.

Thanks for the reply.

#425 6 days ago

On YouTube videos I see the center Fireball Bonus moves at a more powerful pace than mine does. Is there a way to adjust or fix this? Thanks

#426 5 days ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

On YouTube videos I see the center Fireball Bonus moves at a more powerful pace than mine does. Is there a way to adjust or fix this? Thanks

Mine had the same issue after the playfield swap, and I asked the same question. It's a rather easy adjustment, and is self-explanatory once you get under there and play around with it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-ii-captive-ball-question#post-4569309

#427 5 days ago

It works !

Thanks to Scampcamp for his pictures and Vec-tor for his clear explanations.

Finally, what was it ? I've unsoldered the green wire that linked the bulbs with the magnet. All was cabled as said by Vec-tor.

I've done several tests with others AS-2518-67 board, other bulbs, maybe during 2 hours. I've finally found :

- one of the AS-2518-67 board is out, but not the one originally in the pinball.
- one of my test bulb was burnt, something I didn't see before. And when there's a burnt bulb, no bulb is flashing at all. It may have distorted some of my first tests.

But overall, I played a complete party, what I've never done with the green wire unsoldered. And I've discovered something I didn't know (at least I didn't remember because I've played a lot this pinball during my youth) :

- the bulbs do not flash during bonus countdown
- the bulbs only flash during the start of multiball

And it's logic ! Otherwise, during bonus countdown, it's difficult to see the bonus lamps because of the flashes. And at the start of multiball, the effect is more impressive because the bulbs flash a lot less during a game.

I've put 2 orange #555 bulbs to light the Fireball, and 4 red #921 flash bulbs. It works great !

#429 4 days ago

Are you setting your playfield angle at 6.5?

#431 4 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I am about to depopulate a Firepower 2 Playfield. does anyone need any Playfield items, top or bottom? PM me

This is Fireball II thread.
What parts does firepower 2 have that are the same as Fireball II?

#432 4 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

This is Fireball II thread.
What parts does firepower 2 have that are the same as Fireball II?

Sorry, my mistake. Watching football and day drinking, ya know, lololol

#433 14 hours ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Are you setting your playfield angle at 6.5?

Nudge...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside