FBII Switch Pic 1 (resized).jpeg
20230116_210140 (resized).jpg
20220726_173919 (resized).jpg
20220726_173907 (resized).jpg
IMG_6713 (resized).jpg
IMG_6714 (resized).jpg
F779B9A1-76D2-4229-8510-56EBF085650B (resized).png
288FDA87-9183-414C-AD85-B73E1EC7F67E (resized).jpeg
There are 614 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.
#201 7 years ago
Quoted from kiwilad:

Cheers rotordave, I was feeling rich so picked up an Ultimate from Pinball Australia for $160. I'm pleased those LEDs last a life time, swapping out all the under playfield lamps is a complete %$@##& of a job. I have to replace about 20 holders as well. This machine now hurts the eyes to play in a darkened room! I've got a couple of cracked plastics so does anyone have a set lying around. I never seen a repo set, does anyone know if they were made?

What plastics? I have some spare plastics from a parts machine

#202 7 years ago

i have a machine with no plastics so im next in line after mr kiwilad for any that are available please

#203 7 years ago

I'll dig them out this week and take some pics of what I have.

3 months later
#204 7 years ago

FYI Redbubble has some Fireball II items now. Just ordered a T shirt and some stickers. Surely someone else here will be interested. Fireball awaits you !!!!!!

#205 7 years ago

I purchased my first machine, and it's a Fireball II.

I set the game to 3-ball and used the recommended switch settings in the owner's manual. Any recommendations on deviations from the recommended settings that make the game more enjoyable?

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from coreyhulse:

Any recommendations on deviations from the recommended settings that make the game more enjoyable?

Switch#30 OFF — No bonus collect in outhole. Having to shoot for bonus collect is more fun.

#207 7 years ago

Welcome to the club Corey and congrats on your first pin!

#208 7 years ago

Hey Pinplayer1967, I've been away for a while and just read your last post. Did you sell off those spare plastics or post some pics? The plastic over the right hand drop targets is broken in the middle. Now a 2 piece plastic. What else did you have left over from your parts machine?

#209 7 years ago

I could use the top left plastic as mine is a 2 piece as well...........

#210 7 years ago

I have sold off the rest of the plastics for Fireball 2 sorry.

1 month later
#211 7 years ago

Hi! I have yesterday buy fireball 2 and i saw some strange things. Mine dont have fireball bonus with ball? And that bumper save button is not originaly installed so do someone know if there was conversion kits or prototypes?

IMG_20161204_210848 (resized).jpgIMG_20161204_210848 (resized).jpg

#212 7 years ago

That's probably a Bell games machine and not a Bally..........

#213 7 years ago

Yes it is, after cleaning glass i saw that is not bally game. Thanks

IMG_20161205_125015 (resized).jpgIMG_20161205_125015 (resized).jpg

#214 7 years ago

This is what should be under that black tag on the right side of the apron:

Bell (resized).jpgBell (resized).jpg

2 months later
#215 7 years ago

Qualifying multiball- It used to be that I would hit the 3 green qualifying arrows, shoot for fire gods, then if a ball locked, I would qualify and lock the second. Now, my FBII will release the first ball locked if I hit all of the qualifying targets 2 more times (no 2nd ball locked). I don't remember changing any settings. I'd prefer that both balls have to be locked, hit all of the qualifying targets again to release both. I thought I'd run it past you all before checking settings and then troubleshooting. Thx!

2 months later
#216 7 years ago

A friend of mine always says, instead of Fireball awaits you, Fireball Hates You! I am on my second Fireball II, I think it is an underrated classic.

2 weeks later
#217 6 years ago

Thought I'd see if anyone has any Fireball II plastics. I could use a whole set, but this one is the worst so I'd settle for just this one:

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z445/jdlivestrong/Pinball/81F1355E-D32F-483A-A3EC-7EEF1BEE6EE6_zpsdwkxbzlc.jpg

Fireball Plastic (resized).jpgFireball Plastic (resized).jpg

1 week later
#218 6 years ago

Finally I can join! Got this nice example and plays great. This corner of the game room is looking pretty evil.

IMG_1794 (resized).JPGIMG_1794 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#219 6 years ago

Fireball 2 action! Love this game, to me its as fun as the " big name" classic Ballys. Nailing the timed extra ball shot is friggin awesome.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#220 6 years ago

Diggin' yer "topper."

#221 6 years ago

How do you hit the timed extra ball?

#222 6 years ago

By knocking down the middle bank of drops. Seems kinda random, but I think every time a certain number of switches are hit it activates the extra ball availability. When you hear that sound and extra ball insert flashes you gotta clear those middle drops, helps if only one is standing when the extra ball " alarm " goes off. Its exhilarating to get it because it only lasts a second or two and usually the ball is stuck in the pops or something when it becomes available. Personally, I think the game is a masterpiece.

#223 6 years ago

FireBall II is under-rated. You are right, the timed extra ball shot is cool. I try and leave 1 standing in hopes I'll have a shot when the "alarm" sounds. People new to the game take a while to adjust to using the "little demon" post. Another cool feature.

#224 6 years ago

Dear pinball gods, (wotan, etc...) please allow me in this most righteous club...
-mof

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Dear pinball gods, (wotan, etc...) please allow me in this most righteous club...
-mof

No god can help you now, sinner. Welcome to the club.

#226 6 years ago

So are some models Black trim on head, and some Yellow?
-mof

#227 6 years ago

Yellow unless someone painted them.

1 week later
#228 6 years ago

Anyone know the dipswitch settings for the alltek for fireball II ?
-mof

http://www.allteksystems.com/pdfs/Complete_Manual_Ver_F.pdf

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Anyone know the dipswitch settings for the alltek for fireball II ?
-mof

Should be able to get them off the Altek site? I'm away from home or I'd tell you.

Don't forget to do a "memory clear" first to clear the RAM. Otherwise funny things can happen.

EDIT here it is

http://www.allteksystems.com/pdfs/Complete_Manual_Ver_F.pdf

rd

#230 6 years ago

Can I ask for a quick 5 minute favor? (I thought we were pals!?)

Looking for a pick of the standup wiring on the final red target with the brown-yellow wires and white-yellow. Someone decided it would be fun to completely remove the target assembly from this game, and not replace it.

thanks!
-mof

#231 6 years ago

Wait mof, you got an FB2?! Right on! I think I am going out to the studio tonight, and I will get a pic for you. Welcome to the club! It was my first machine almost 6 years ago, and I still have it.

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Can I ask for a quick 5 minute favor? (I thought we were pals!?)
-mof

I'd do it no problems ... but I'm away from the machines until next weekend.

If nobody else comes through, let me know and I'll do it!

rd

#233 6 years ago

Used my brain and nailed it. all good, thanks !
-mof

1 week later
#237 6 years ago

Nice playing game. Your right sling could be more sensitive. Left looked OK. Game looks good. Congrats on all your work and thanks for documenting.

#238 6 years ago

Great job!! Looking good.

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Your right sling could be more sensitive

Ok thanks -- I'll take a look.

Quoted from Jvspin:

Great job!! Looking good.

Thanks, boss!

-mof

#240 6 years ago

Finally took my FBII out of storage and set it up in my repair room for those break time quickie games. Haven't played it in over three years! It's a super fun under rated Bally from the awesome 1981 stable!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#241 6 years ago

Hey can someone film 10 seconds before/after bonus count in a dark room, so I can see what's supposed to happen with the lights down there?
-mof

#242 6 years ago

Hello fellow FBII-owners! I need your help! My Fireball II project (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-ii-to-turn-a-lucky-garage-find-into-a-living-room-pin) is missing the one way gates between the inlanes and the outlanes.

Can anybody send me some good close up pictures of these one way gates? Or, better yet, does anybody have some they want to sell to me?

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Can anybody send me some good close up pictures of these one way gates? Or, better yet, does anybody have some they want to sell to me?

Game is WAYYY better without them. Looks better too.
Just saying.
-mof

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Can anybody send me some good close up pictures of these one way gates?

Here is a pic:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-ii-club-members-only#post-2597783

#245 6 years ago

Ah, thank you! I missed these in your earlier post somehow.

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Game is WAYYY better without them. Looks better too.
Just saying.
-mof

Will you sell me yours?

I might leave them off, but it's nice to have the option to make the game original and complete.

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Will you sell me yours?

I have only one !!! hahaha, so I did the logical thing and tried it without it instead of obsessing about finding another, and of COURSE it's a better game without it. Forces you to make more controlled live catches, and you become a stronger player.

-mof

1 month later
#248 6 years ago

Any chance someone could trace one of their gates that go between the lanes and mail it to me so I could make some new ones with piano wire? I have the brackets in place but the wire gates themselves are missing. TIA if you're willing to help out.

#249 6 years ago

I just acquired a Fireball II that needs lots of love. My cabinet, electrical and backglass are all in great shape but the playfield is badly worn.
Is there any source for a replacement PF or an overlay? I would really like to bring this old Bally back to life and looking new again. I am interested in any PF available even with damaged art. As long as it has less wear than mine I would probably be interested and please contact me.
This is mine.

P8190891 (resized).JPGP8190891 (resized).JPG

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

I just acquired a Fireball II that needs lots of love. My cabinet, electrical and backglass are all in great shape but the playfield is badly worn.
Is there any source for a replacement PF or an overlay? I would really like to bring this old Bally back to life and looking new again. I am interested in any PF available even with damaged art. As long as it has less wear than mine I would probably be interested and please contact me.
This is mine.</blockqu

I live near Seattle. Shipping might be alot

20479627_10209269147273105_6439833653660341788_n (resized).jpg20479627_10209269147273105_6439833653660341788_n (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Freeland, MD
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 195.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 614 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-ii-club-members-only/page/5?hl=coreyhulse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.