Topic Stats

• 350 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Quench
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 104 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190515_131345 (resized).jpg
20190515_131354 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190505-103402_eBay (resized).jpg
PS03.jpg
PS02.jpg
ps01.jpg
6A04979C-FAE8-474C-ACDE-7E7F78B4D235 (resized).jpeg
SDB_TP3.jpg
F8C7E9B5-AF6A-4752-B28A-6AC88CE46068 (resized).jpeg
fb2 (resized).jpg
645DD69F-9FC6-47DB-90DD-734308DB599C (resized).jpeg
EDD2F44D-8B3C-4BB6-B0EC-291B260C980A (resized).png
7DDEA97D-403E-4AC1-961D-27A7E98A4D3A (resized).png
F1D5ACFD-EC17-4174-94AB-EB5A116F59ED (resized).jpeg
54B75CDB-19CE-4379-885B-292F3800FE52 (resized).png
97A7270A-9C19-479C-BD9C-C4AD55D7BF4C (resized).jpeg

There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The playfield on my FBII is pretty thin, and it's bowed slightly towards the center. It's not warped, as in permanently, it just has some flex to it. Pretty sure if I can brace it then it won't be a problem, but no easy to find a way to do that. On my project list.

Looking for a couple pics.

Can you demonstrate with a photo why there's a bow? -- is there a gap in the wood rails? One of my more recent pickups is like that and it's a design flaw imo.

Is there no room on the underside for a 1" metal brace along an edge?

-mof

#152 3 years ago

I'll try and take pics at some point to document it.

#153 3 years ago

Still popping fuses. Gonna get a 20A circuit breaker and start exploring. This kind of stuff is annoying. Game will boot but no sound/general illumination on playfield or back glass. All feature lamps work. Game plays. Don't know what happened .......

#154 3 years ago

Does it still blow fuses if you pull the connector off of the GI aux driver flasher board?

#155 3 years ago

I will check the aux driver board. The GI on the backboard are out but the strobing "fireballs" still work. I got a circuit breaker for the fuse that keeps blowing. It is the 20 amp fuse in F5 on the rectifier board.

#156 3 years ago

Got everything going again. Don't know exactly what it was, but all's well for now. Cool game. Replacing drop targets next. Will be better w/new correct ones. Happy for now !!!

#157 3 years ago

Been playing a few games. Everything works as it should. The game will not allow me to earn extra balls or specials during gameplay. I thought my dips were set correctly but I'll double check. I have to install new drop targets, install playfield protector($10 off ebay), and clean up the legs. Then it will go in the current lineup inside. I need a good 7 digit display. Considering buying a modern replacement. Anyone know of a correct apron decal for sale?? The ones I've seen the P touches the I in PINBALL..........

#158 3 years ago

Got the legs clean of rust and primered tonight. Brought the game inside from the garage.This weekend PF protector install and put on the new drops targets. Of course find a spot for it and level her up. Still can't earn specials or extra balls last time I played. So the little driver board w/ the heatsink drives the flashers for the doodle bug thing ? Not sure mine are working and I know the light under the PF is out as well...........

#159 3 years ago

Yes. The one with the heatsink is for the doodlebug, and the one without the heatsink is for the GI. I'd start with the obvious, all four bulbs might actually be bad.

#160 3 years ago

Got all the new drop targets installed today. Looks better now. Haven't looked into the flashers/aux driver board yet. I did reflow solder on the header just in case. I will be putting on the new legs and dialing it in this week.

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

That sounds like what happened on mine. The capacitor replacement fixed it for me.

Thanks neurokinetik, that worked. I got the capacitors at Great Plains for $11 with shipping and got everything up and running. It is a much cooler game with all of the backgrounds sounds, etc. That was my first real solder project on a pin.

#162 3 years ago

We need some good instruction cards for this game.

#163 3 years ago

Some nice custom instruction cards would be nice. Got my machine "finished for now" and going on strong. Game will give 3 credits as desired for a high score but I haven't figured out yet how to get credits for specials or extra balls either. The 4 big flashers in the doodlebug do work. Liking the game so far. New Pinscore display that looks/works great. Close match to the originals.

#164 3 years ago

Problem resolved finally. The 03 settings via the credit button weren't "latching on". Nice to play w/knocker enabled ! Damn extra ball is hard to get. 2 second window??

1 week later
#165 3 years ago

Since I haven't had any solid bites on mine that is for sale, I've continued to tweak it so that it plays as well as it possibly can.

Wotan saucer no longer rejects, at all. Moving the metal piece behind the saucer took care of that.

Did the best I could to eliminate the ball hop from the lane guide to the flipper. Can't be fixed without a replacement ball guide, unfortunately.

Lastly, I learned something about the inlane that I never noticed before: There are actually three different ways you can configure it, to make it easier or harder.

The slingshot rubber can either go around the outside of the post where the gate attaches, or around the inside. On the outside, it makes the inlane very narrow and bouncy. I also noticed that the one-way gates hit the slingshot rubbers when you have it configured this way, so you can't have the gates in there with the narrow outlanes. This is the "brutally hard" configuration.

Alternately, you can route that rubber so that it goes inside the post. In this configuration, you either can use the gates (easier) or not (harder).

Look closely at the pics in this thread and you will see all three different configurations. One of the pics Aurich posted on the first page actually has the left and right sides configured differently.

#166 3 years ago

I have the slingshot rubber routed on the inside of the post. Rubber interfered w/the gate. Ever notice the different ways people rubber the upper left playfield?? I did mine as per the factory diagram. There is a metal post under the plastic for the rubber to go around. Very cool game after playing it for a couple of weeks now. A keeper...........

#167 3 years ago

I'm having trouble with the Fireball Bonus solenoid (the captive ball under the playfield). Used to work and now it doesn't. No continuity from the backbox to it, and a search turns up people talking about a fuse for that solenoid under the playfield. Thing is, I can't see a second fuse under the playfield, just the one up by the flippers.

Anyone know where the second fuse is located?

#168 3 years ago

Nevermind, we traced it to the NC switch under the magnet being open. There is no second fuse. Very confusing how some people refer to one though.

2 weeks later
#169 3 years ago

What is this thing?
Dims.jpg

#170 3 years ago

The Fireball Unit relay. It controls the Fireball coil that makes the ball move back and forth.

#171 3 years ago

Thanks I had no idea.

#172 3 years ago

Hello all, I just purchased a Fireball 2 machine last week. I am having a issue with the ball under the play field not moving back and forth when you get the bonus, it is lit up but nothing happens. To further complicate the matter, I am a complete dumb dumb when it comes to electronics. I just started to buy machines because I have always loved pinball since I was a kid and now my 2 kids love to play. I do not understand the lingo that many of you are very fluent in because I am so new to owning pinballs. If you have the patience and time any suggestions in very lay mans terms would be helpful. I have been searching online to try and take some classes on how to service pinballs but have had no luck so far. Hope this message is not insulting anyone because reading many of your posts you all seem to be seasoned and intelligent on pinball matters. Sorry I am a total rookie!!

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from liquor_guy:

Hello all, I just purchased a Fireball 2 machine last week. I am having a issue with the ball under the play field not moving back and forth when you get the bonus, it is lit up but nothing happens. To further complicate the matter, I am a complete dumb dumb when it comes to electronics. I just started to buy machines because I have always loved pinball since I was a kid and now my 2 kids love to play. I do not understand the lingo that many of you are very fluent in because I am so new to owning pinballs. If you have the patience and time any suggestions in very lay mans terms would be helpful. I have been searching online to try and take some classes on how to service pinballs but have had no luck so far. Hope this message is not insulting anyone because reading many of your posts you all seem to be seasoned and intelligent on pinball matters. Sorry I am a total rookie!!

First thing to do is to check the switch that's directly underneath the unit. It can get bent out of adjustment. I sold my FBII, so I can't remember if it's normally open or normally closed (meaning the metal is touching or not, open = not touching, closed = touching).

See what it's doing, and try bending the metal so that it's doing the opposite and try that. That was the fix on mine when it wasn't working.

#174 3 years ago

I just listed my FBII for sale yesterday if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-bally-fireball-ii-sf-bay-area

#175 3 years ago

MrBellMan is a great seller! I only sold my FBII so I could buy his Medusa.

#176 3 years ago

Thank you Aurich

#177 3 years ago

Been playing mine for a few weeks now. No issues to speak of. Great game...........

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I just listed my FBII for sale yesterday if anyone is interested.

Oh no fbII and medusa – someone found a cure for the fever?

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from kursiv:

Oh no fbII and medusa – someone found a cure for the fever?

Unfortunately the cure was cash.

#180 3 years ago

This was my very first pin . Was think about selling also. The playfield in perfect condition along with back glass. No issues as every thing works as suppose to. This machine doesn't show much signs of use . It is now sitting in my garage as have no more room for it in my game room. Hate the thought of selling but for the right price i will let her go. I will try and post some pictures later.

#181 3 years ago

We played mine last night on "Bro Do You Even Pinball".

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gq8YhzdBINE?autoplay=1&rel=0

Also, here is the old playfield, just for comparison's sake. It's not bad under the mylar, but the unprotected areas have seen better days. IMG_1653.jpg

#182 3 years ago

Here's an embedded version of the Bro video. Thanks again for letting us play your beautiful game!

2 weeks later
#183 3 years ago

Count me in! I just picked up a Fireball II. Wasn't going to buy another pin, but for 50 euro I couldn't resist. Sadly, the backglass is flaking on the underside. Luckily, I have a spare one that looks a lot better.

The playfield is ok. Has mylar, but has some wear in places without it. And some idiot attached the Little Demon with too long screws.

Although very risky, I'm planning on taking the mylar off and clearcoating it. In my opinion, the Christensen artwork on this playfield should shine like the backglass does.

20151229_122006_(resized).jpg

20151229_122050_(resized).jpg

20151229_122016_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#184 3 years ago

Seen at Arcade Expo 2.0 a Bell Games Fireball II:
Bell_Games_Fireball_II_(resized).png
Bell_Games_(resized).png

#185 3 years ago

Anyone have a Fireball II thinking of selling

2 months later
#186 3 years ago

Hi guys, great group. Have owned this pin for maybe 20 years, got it super cheap due to broken back glass but found a perfect one in the states and shipped it over. Now wanting a NOS playfield for it, had one lined up but got sold under me . Next step is to install an Ultimate Led/Lamp driver board and replace all the P.F lamps for Leds.
Anyone have a playfield laying about????????

FireBall_2_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#187 2 years ago

Just added a led adapters for the lamp driver board. The Siegecraft ones. It works well and half the price of an Alltek board. Anyone know if the large bulbs that flash when you activate multiball around the captive ball are available in led form??

#188 2 years ago

Which ones exactly?

#189 2 years ago

The ones that light the captive ball under the playfield. I don't know the bulb number. It is larger than the 555s. I just finished putting LEDs in this machine. 555s are a real bitch. I like the 44/47 style better. Sharp edges on the sockets, way too tight getting the new bulbs in. Really had to tweak each one it seemed. Glad it's done. Really like the results.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

The ones that light the captive ball under the playfield. I don't know the bulb number. It is larger than the 555s. I just finished putting LEDs in this machine. 555s are a real bitch. I like the 44/47 style better. Sharp edges on the sockets, way too tight getting the new bulbs in. Really had to tweak each one it seemed. Glad it's done. Really like the results.

Been many years since I worked on one, but I could swear they were #912 bulbs.

#191 2 years ago

I will check and see what the #is.

#192 2 years ago

Oh yeah, anyone figure out the timing of the chance for the extra ball?? I think it is based on X number of switch engagements. If you hold the ball waiting for it, it never appears...........something to ponder.

#193 2 years ago

Bump

#194 2 years ago

#906 for the flashers.

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from kiwilad:

Hi guys, great group. Have owned this pin for maybe 20 years, got it super cheap due to broken back glass but found a perfect one in the states and shipped it over. Now wanting a NOS playfield for it, had one lined up but got sold under me . Next step is to install an Ultimate Led/Lamp driver board and replace all the P.F lamps for Leds.
Anyone have a playfield laying about????????

Good to see another FB2 in NZ. I thought I had the only one.

You can use the Seigecraft adapters for LEDs if your existing lamp board works ok. Half the price and Hans does reasonable shipping to NZ.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-ballystern-led-adapter-kit-review

rd

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Oh yeah, anyone figure out the timing of the chance for the extra ball?? I think it is based on X number of switch engagements. If you hold the ball waiting for it, it never appears...........something to ponder.

Yeah it seems random, but I've noticed that if I can knock down two of the three center drop targets and keep the ball somewhere in the lower playfield long enough, (hitting other switches of course), that it will light eventually, and if the planets and stars align in time I can usually nail it. Like you said, cradling and waiting never seems to work. It's quite a fun challenge actually

#197 2 years ago

Ah now I get it. Yeah they might be 906s like the ones in the backbox on some games. Available from cointaker and comet pinball.

#198 2 years ago

Yeah, the ones that only come on during multiball in the "doodlebug" area. There are 2 555s there on all the time. The other bulbs are larger. Ordered more leds and some led strips for the apron and the area below the right side drop targets. Need some light there.

3 weeks later
#199 2 years ago

Cheers rotordave, I was feeling rich so picked up an Ultimate from Pinball Australia for $160. I'm pleased those LEDs last a life time, swapping out all the under playfield lamps is a complete %$@##& of a job. I have to replace about 20 holders as well. This machine now hurts the eyes to play in a darkened room! I've got a couple of cracked plastics so does anyone have a set lying around. I never seen a repo set, does anyone know if they were made?

#200 2 years ago

I have seen a set of plastics on ebay once. They don't show up often. You are right, 555 bulbs are terrible and a PITA.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside