FBII Switch Pic 1 (resized).jpeg
20230116_210140 (resized).jpg
20220726_173919 (resized).jpg
20220726_173907 (resized).jpg
IMG_6713 (resized).jpg
IMG_6714 (resized).jpg
F779B9A1-76D2-4229-8510-56EBF085650B (resized).png
288FDA87-9183-414C-AD85-B73E1EC7F67E (resized).jpeg
There are 614 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.
#51 8 years ago

Truth is, I like the game without them. I didn't even know mine were missing. When the ball is in that area, I get to shake the hell out of my game to save that ball! I'm not sure if a gate they would lessen that for me.

#52 8 years ago

They prevent the ball from rolling up the inlane into the outlane. But the inlane is really too steep for this to happen.

#53 8 years ago

Heres a couple pics of where I adhere my Comet leds strips under the apron, then use the alligator clips on the outlane GI.

DSC01909.jpgDSC01909.jpg

DSC01908.jpgDSC01908.jpg

faecbb4863da678cd81b865abaf28294a12cdc30.jpgfaecbb4863da678cd81b865abaf28294a12cdc30.jpg

#54 8 years ago

Hazoff got the FB2 from me.

Nice game and happy to see it loved. =)

1 week later
#55 8 years ago

Just got my machine. Trying to get it up to speed and was wondering about a couple of things.
Can someone tell me if the under playfield magnet is supposed to fire after every ball? Seems like mine was, then I changed the rubber on the posts and it doesn't do it anymore? Shouldn't be any correlation between those things but it's happening.
Also, is the switch under the button in the middle of the under playfield captive ball a normally closed switch? Looks like it is and the ball rolling over it opens it?
Does that switch effect the magnet firing? TIA for any input.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from Player1:

Can someone tell me if the under playfield magnet is supposed to fire after every ball?

Only if set to collecting the fireball bonus in outhouse saucer – mpu board dip switch 30.

3 weeks later
#57 8 years ago

Really please to have joined the club. Looks awesome next to it's older brother

IMG_6618.JPGIMG_6618.JPG

#59 8 years ago

Aurich .... UNCCCHAAAAAAAAAINED!

rd

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Aurich .... UNCCCHAAAAAAAAAINED!
rd

Bam! Biff! Pow!

#61 8 years ago

I'm in! After looking for a while, I was thrilled to get one of these as a partial trade towards my spare Eight Ball Deluxe LE.

Woefully underrated game, probably because of the name, and people failing to make the distinction between this and the home model

#62 8 years ago

Pic's a bit fuzzy, but here's mine. I've had it since 1998 when I bought it and Fathom for $200 each. Money well spent!

IMG_02851.jpgIMG_02851.jpg

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Pic's a bit fuzzy, but here's mine. I've had it since 1998 when I bought it and Fathom for $200 each. Money well spent!

IMG_02851.jpg

NICE!!!

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Pic's a bit fuzzy, but here's mine. I've had it since 1998 when I bought it and Fathom for $200 each

Want to double your money on that Fathom? I'll take it!

rd

#65 8 years ago

I don't own this title but have to say, I think the cabinet artwork is really bad ass and one of my favorites of all time.

#66 8 years ago

So I have some awesome stencil work on the back of the backbox of my game. But it was repainted, can't tell if someone did something original and cool there, or if it's factory easter egg. Anyone else have art on the back of the game?

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

...Anyone else have art on the back of the game?

Mine is just yellow on the back.

Mine stopped booting up. I'm new to pins & electrical repair. It turns on, makes the hearbeat sound, then nothing for about 2 min. Then the kickout solenoid near the top of PF sticks on & hums. If I take a jumper wire from ground to Q8 transistor right after turning it on FB2 it works fine. Should I replace that transistor? Should I do the capacitor & diode too? Thx!

#68 8 years ago

Doesn't answer your question, but I'll just leave this here...IMG_1668.jpgIMG_1668.jpg

#69 8 years ago

FB2 was one of my favorite games of the Texas Pinball Festival. Great gameplay and audio!

#70 8 years ago

I'm enjoying mine. I think I'll try and trade it for another Bally at some point, I'm out of space and would like to try more, but in the meantime it's a good time.

#71 8 years ago

What's the "right price" for a nonworking FB2 in better-than-average cosmetic condition? I am thinking $700 should do it...?

#72 8 years ago

So I don't get the Extra Ball on FBII. Is it random when it lights? It feels like you have to just leave one drop up at all times to have a shot an hitting them all down when it lights out of the blue.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So I don't get the Extra Ball on FBII. Is it random when it lights? It feels like you have to just leave one drop up at all times to have a shot an hitting them all down when it lights out of the blue.

Yup a random award, and I play it just like you mentioned. It's a bit of a rush to get it lol!

#74 8 years ago

Do you guys happen to know whether extra balls can be turned off?

I like the game a lot, but it's a bit easy

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Do you guys happen to know whether extra balls can be turned off?
I like the game a lot, but it's a bit easy

Yes I think it's a dip switch setting, but I don't have the manual here to see which one.

#76 8 years ago

Here's the section from my manual:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#77 8 years ago

Hey Aurich,

Check further into the manual, if you don't mind. I think you can turn off that random blinking Extra Ball award on the dip switches, which I believe is what Collin was after.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Hey Aurich,
Check further into the manual, if you don't mind. I think you can turn off that random blinking Extra Ball award on the dip switches, which I believe is what Collin was after.

I looked, didn't see that.

#79 8 years ago

I think the only way to eliminate extra balls is to set the game to "novelty mode" (dip 16 set to "01").

firebal ii.pngfirebal ii.png

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from klaxxon:

I think the only way to eliminate extra balls is to set the game to "novelty mode" (dip 16 set to "01").
firebal ii.png

Yeah that's a self test button adjustment. The "dip" switches are on the MPU board and I vaguely recall one of them turning "off" the random center drop target Extra Ball award. THe door adjustment just changes awards for scoring thresholds and such.

#81 8 years ago

01 Coin chute #1
02 Coin chute #1
03 Coin chute #1
04 Coin chute #1
05 Coin chute #1
06 Outlane Special Lites when ON: Doomsday special lites OFF: Doomsday special is awarded
07 Making C or D Lane ON: Puts both lane lites out OFF: Puts that lane lite out only
08 Doomsday Special ON: Collect after first 39k OFF: Collect after 2nd 39k
09 Coin chute #2
10 Coin chute #2
11 Coin chute #2
12 Coin chute #2
13 Coin chute #2
14 Fireball Bonus Limit ON: 23 units OFF: 12 units
15 Drop Target Center Feature ON: Starts w/ 15.000 lit OFF: Starts all off
16 Game over attract voice ON: ”Fireball Awaits you" OFF: No voice
17 Coin chute #3
18 Coin chute #3
19 Coin chute #3
20 Coin chute #3
21 Fireball Bonus Multiplier ON: Recalls OFF: Resets
22 Saucer Lock Qualified ON: Recalls OFF: Resets
23 Qualifier Targets ON: Recalls OFF: Resets
24 A-B-C-D Lanes ON: Recalls OFF: Resets
25 Maximum credits
26 Maximum credits
27 Credit display on/off
28 Match feature on/off
29 Replays per game
30 Fireball Bonus Collect In Outhole ON: Yes OFF: No
31 Balls per game
32 Balls per game

#82 8 years ago

Thanks for all the info, guys! Looks like my best bet is to turn off score-based extra balls, and have players plunge other extra balls during league play

#83 8 years ago

Has anybody got a Picture of a Fireball II with the Back box open. I bought one I think I am missing a Wire Harness. I think It goes on the sound board I also need a working sound board if anyone Has one for sale. Thanks for your time.

#84 8 years ago

IMG_2754.jpgIMG_2754.jpg

#85 8 years ago

The two Connectors In front of the Lamp driver I think one is a 9 pin one is a 24 pin Does the end go down in the cabinet. I am not finding the wires. Thanks for the picture and you time.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So I don't get the Extra Ball on FBII.

I THINK you can also light extra ball by lighting ABCD in order.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

That's the multiball talking. SO killer. Wotan CAPtured!!!

But what does it say when you use the Little Demon and what does it say at the end of a game?

Alternately says "Bang!" Bif!" Zap"! "POW!". Kind of unique at the time to say different phrases semi randomly for the same feature.

#88 8 years ago

What's the "right price" for a nonworking FB2 in better-than-average cosmetic condition?

#89 8 years ago

3-6 hundred?

#90 8 years ago

At that price, I'd buy two!

#91 8 years ago

It's hard to gauge with "nonworking"

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

What's the "right price" for a nonworking FB2 in better-than-average cosmetic condition?

How "non-working" is it? Is it missing parts or boards? And what is the overall condition of the playfield, backglass and cabinet?

#93 8 years ago

Overall nice condition, was working until recently so no boards are missing.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just bought one with a spare parts machine for $900 from what I understand there are not a lot of these produced.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Overall nice condition, was working until recently so no boards are missing.

Oh! Oh! Can I say "Probably just a fuse"?

#96 8 years ago

Just picked up a FB2 today. Decent survivor w/ excellent backglass. Cab has some scuffs but not faded. Looking forward to getting it up and running and restoring it. Getting a solid green light on the MPU as is...............

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Just picked up a FB2 today. Decent survivor w/ excellent backglass. Cab has some scuffs but not faded. Looking forward to getting it up and running and restoring it. Getting a solid green light on the MPU as is...............

Will we get to see any pictures?

#98 8 years ago

FBII is one of those hidden gems IMHO. I bought mine because it's mint and got it at a great price, but the fact is that I originally didn't want it due to its lack of reputation. Well, let me say that the gameplay doesn't suck and is incredibly fun for tournaments. The art is awesome and I'm really glad I ended up buying mine.

Enjoy!

#99 8 years ago

No pics for now. Wondering where the 2 wire connector goes on the soundboard...........

#100 8 years ago

Bottom right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Freeland, MD
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 195.00
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 614 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-ii-club-members-only/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.