Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by EMDude
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

127E0CE9-1B20-4E87-A816-B535F68BE7CF (resized).jpeg
    798F60F0-02CD-4725-9F63-A78F5EE7ED86 (resized).jpeg
    981226BE-0FDF-4089-A9DE-8A3CAC057302 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Hi, I’ve been more of an EM repair guy, but now branching out to early SS’s.

Working on FB Classic and it’s not getting 12VDC or 5VDC to the solenoid board, so I checked the rectifier board and these are the readings:

TP1 6.94 VDC
    TP2 234 VDC
    TP3 0.02 VDC
    TP4 0.01 VDC
    TP5 45.7 VDC

TP3 & TP4 look to be off. My question is should I rebuild the AS-2518-54 rectifier board or buy a replacement? Could it be something else?

Any suggestions appreciated.

#2 3 years ago

Easy stuff first -- did you pull and check fuses F3 and F5?

Could be connector issues which a new board won't fix. Plug at J5 and J6 look ok? No scorched connections?

#3 3 years ago

Well, feeling kinda silly right now F3 4A fuse was indeed blown! I really thought I'd checked them. Anyway, now it fully boots up GI, sound, displays all good, correct number of flashes on MPU LED. Takes credits through coin switches, dropped required 3 balls in trough, but won't start a game.

#4 3 years ago

Go to switch test, make sure the trough switch are reporting the correct numbers

#5 3 years ago

Thanks! Pulled off the apron and made sure all 3 balls were depressing their switches and ‘viola’ she started! Also did a switch test and #7 has a problem which is the 8 rebounder switches. None of the rebounders score when contacts are closed.

When I got the machine, someone had cut and twisted the wires to each one of these switches (see photos) and snipped one of the leads of each capacitor on some of the feature switches which I have since repaired. Should I replace these capacitors?

Thanks again!

798F60F0-02CD-4725-9F63-A78F5EE7ED86 (resized).jpeg798F60F0-02CD-4725-9F63-A78F5EE7ED86 (resized).jpeg981226BE-0FDF-4089-A9DE-8A3CAC057302 (resized).jpeg981226BE-0FDF-4089-A9DE-8A3CAC057302 (resized).jpeg

#6 3 years ago

Yes, replace the caps on any switch that gets momentary hits : the buttons around the disc, the pops,

Otherwise, the computer will miss some hits

#7 3 years ago

If none of the stand-ups score, one of them is stuck on

2 weeks later
    #8 3 years ago

I have a question regarding switch capacitors. I am replacing all of them as I'm doing a Xenon playfield changeover.

Should the switch for the spinner get a capacitor? There is not one listed on the schematics.

#9 3 years ago

No cap on spinners.

1 month later
    #10 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Yes, replace the caps on any switch that gets momentary hits : the buttons around the disc, the pops,

Following up on this, everything you advised was spot on, replaced the caps, found the stand up stuck shut. Thank you. Game plays great!

One issue: the bonus counts down after draining but same bonus carries over to next ball rather than resetting to zero, any thoughts?
    127E0CE9-1B20-4E87-A816-B535F68BE7CF (resized).jpeg127E0CE9-1B20-4E87-A816-B535F68BE7CF (resized).jpeg

#11 3 years ago

I’m not sure you can reset bonus to zero after every ball. Mine carries over as well. Hope it helps. Refer to manual to see if it is an option.

#12 3 years ago

You’re right! I guess it is supposed to score that way. I played multiplayer and it carried over bonus per player. Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-classic-rectifier-board-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.