Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flipper 004.JPG
CAM02039.jpg
CAM02038.jpg
CAM02037.jpg
CAM02036.jpg
CAM02035.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider r6emperor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

If you go into lamp test, the spinning disc will pulse with the controlled lamps. Perhaps the test switch inside the coin door is shorted/malfunctioning?

#7 10 years ago

Not normal, sounds to me like some broken/shorting wires on the coin door. Check everything out to see if there is any broken or missing insulation, or any substances on the wires that could be causing shorts. There should be a wire loom in the hinge area, make sure you remove it to inspect the wires

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Are you thinking about high voltage cut off when open coin door?
When i open coin door and hold down switchbutton inside, game starts up and i press on test button and it starts shooting all coils, still 2 flipper coils doo no pop, seems like all others doo.

There is no high voltage cut off switch on this game. The only switch is the test switch on the top of the coin mechanisms next to the volume knob. Should be a little push button switch. I've never held it in, so I cannot tell you what happens when you are holding it in. Press it once and it should go into controlled lamp test, then cycle through the other test modes, then through the audits and adjustments.

The flipper coils are enabled through the relay on the driver board, check for cracked solder joints.

Do you have any schematics?

#16 10 years ago

The spinner is controlled by a transistor on the lamp driver board, so it will pulse in lamp test

You will have to remove the driver board to check the relay solder joints. Look for a circle in the solder joints, if you see them you can reflow the solder.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 45.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 199.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider r6emperor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-classic-problems?tu=r6emperor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.