IMG_2646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2644 (resized).jpeg
fbc (resized).png
FBC - Plastic protector 1 (resized).png
FBC - Plastic protector 2 (resized).png
FBC - Plastic protector 3 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 6 years ago

I recently found a nice FBC and have a few questions for other Owners.
Can anyone recommend a good LED setup that doesn't look too garish? Will I need an additional board for insert leds?
Also, the volume control on the door will only allow sound fully clockwise,I have been controlling volume by the Cheap Squeek on the Head, anyone know if this is correct?
I ordered 545 GE blinking bulbs from E-Bay for the backlglass, is there a nicer LED setup? Also, are there new light seals available for the score units?
Finally, (I think), is there anyone that can cut me new clear Plastics?
Thanks for any help from the Club, I'll try and Post a few pics.
IMG_1386 (resized).JPGIMG_1386 (resized).JPGIMG_1388 (resized).JPGIMG_1388 (resized).JPG

#33 6 years ago

A few more. This looks like the original battery,but the Bookkeeping function shows roughly 15000 plays, I guess its possible. The thing doesn't show much wear and plays fast as lightening after a Shop job, like I remember when I played a new one in 1985. Do you think the black trim is OEM, the other ones I have seen are red.
IMG_1529 (resized).JPGIMG_1529 (resized).JPGIMG_1541 (resized).JPGIMG_1541 (resized).JPG
IMG_1547 (resized).JPGIMG_1547 (resized).JPGIMG_1548 (resized).JPGIMG_1548 (resized).JPG
IMG_1532 (resized).JPGIMG_1532 (resized).JPG

#38 6 years ago

IMG_1391 (resized).JPGIMG_1391 (resized).JPGIMG_1389 (resized).JPGIMG_1389 (resized).JPG
I'll try to get better pics,the bottom edges that are normally chewed up are like new (one little chip out) though the orange has faded.

Quoted from vid1900:^I'd snip that battery off the MPU before it warms up and pukes.
When you take the plastics off the playfield, you can see the colored caps where some of the 555 bulbs had color in the GI.
You have the best backglass I've ever seen. This game must have been stored in a dark basement or something for the last 40 years! Be careful, it's worth more than your entire game.

Come on Vid, I feel a nice Classic is more valuable than perhaps people know. Plus BGResto shows a nicer reproduction backglass available now. This game spent its life in a nice home in Asheville NC. The couple were going into a retirement village and hated to part with it. So the game will work (sans Bookkeeping functions) if I just cut the battery off?
Thanks for the compliments but can anyone explain the volume control mystery? The door control only produces sound wide open, is this just a dirty Pot? The control at the Cheap Squeak works fine,but someone said it splits Background / Sound Effects, seems like I should be able to control volume at the door.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Did Bally use a left over Medusa bumper cap on this game?

Every Classic I have seen had this cap arrangement, glad to see they are still available at The Pinball Resource.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from galaga50:

Can anyone suggest how to adjust the switches around the spinner? Mine aren't triggering when the ball goes over them. They work when I press them...

Raise the play field and adjust switch sensitivity with the proper wrench.Sometimes old wax can make these problematic.Clean them as well with alcohol/Business card -type paper OR, the spinning disc is set too high shooting the ball over the switches. There is an allen wrench adjustment for that, there is also good advice on Pinside for setting it level,use the Search function.
Does your volume control inside the coin door adjust sound up/down properly? Thanks.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Attach a remote battery pack or replace the ram module with nvRAM.

You wouldn't happen to know how much voltage this battery should put out for proper operation?

#45 6 years ago

The future of Pinball, at least for my machines. I had a Classic while she was growing up (but sold it). She enjoys the Ems but always missed the Classic. I surprised her with this one and she began playing the fool out of it,just like when she was 9.
The child on the way will have to cut his/her teeth on it, I want to make sure its right.
IMG_1551 (resized).JPGIMG_1551 (resized).JPG

#48 6 years ago

I take it that from the deadly silence the consensus says "No LEDs". I have found a few bad examples of the LED treatment in this machine but none that were good.
I was hoping someone had figured it out.
I guess I will have to be the Pioneer.

#50 6 years ago

Thanks Vid ! I am thinking of adding a couple LEDs on the right (dark) Wotan side, since I will only have to drill a small hole for the wiring instead of a full-size lamp socket. I also think red condoms on the stock Cabaret bulbs up top will do it for play field color.
I have a pack of 545 blinking bulbs coming so they will go in the backglass behind "the guy".
I won't attempt insert leds until I know more about it, the ones I used in Ems worked fine.

2 months later
#54 6 years ago

IMG_1559 (resized).JPGIMG_1559 (resized).JPG
Tried the red 555 from PBR, like it but still needs a little more light in areas. Going with shorter legs in the near future,but for now, just love playing the thing.

3 years later
#80 2 years ago

This subject is driving me crazy.
I can't remember ever hearing a knocker on the 2 FC owned.
Do not know if mine has one.
Won't be able to properly explore till Saturday (Keeping Granddaughter).
Do remember it making a crazy,rare sound a few times when it won a game but hasn't since installing
a new MPU.
Best way to describe the sound;
Electronic robot EEEYOWWRRBTOWWZZZ

2 weeks later
#90 2 years ago

See that aluminum post adjacent to the Odin hole? There is a mini-rubber ring that goes there. Really helps the ball seat and improves play to OEM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monterey, CA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-classic-club?tu=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.