Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5C266A14-967B-45C6-9ECD-8A2C5660032F (resized).jpeg
Fireball Classic Backglass (resized).jpg
Fireball Classic Masking Layer (resized).jpg
IMG_20180215_172345_01 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

So I just finished up the cabinet decal artwork for this guy and figured why not redo the Backglass while I am still on vacation. I already know what suppliers I will use for the petg(acrylic like material) and artwork. Previous project still in prototype but picture is attached. I will be aiming for the same quality, so $150ish per in just materials for the reproduction.

Since I am on vacation, anyone have high res pictures of the front and back? Also, I like the idea of original but am open to custom backglass ideas, any suggestions?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-classic-solid-state-cabinet-decals#post-4242372

IMG_20180215_172345_01 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

I would love a Buck Rogers Backglass replacement for my machine. Mine is acceptable but has some flakes off on the Lady, which disturbs and impedes my capabilities to win free games.

Can you give us more details about what you can do?

Thanks
Yves

#3 3 years ago

The Buck Rogers is done. I just need to verify alignment and fit before making the actual.

With the Fireball, I will be designing all of the art at 300 DPI in Photoshop including a masking layer. I will be using petg and outsourcing the vinyl printing as well. The final product will be petg on the outside, adhesive transparent vinyl, reverse printed artwork, the masking layer, and lastly a laminate over everything at the very back.

I hope that answers your question.

#4 3 years ago

Done. Now I just need to do the same thing for both Fireball and Buck Rogers...Verify dimensions by putting it physically in the machines.

Made some minor changes to the art and masking layer.
-changed the flames to match the original bally EM better (Turned the yellow at the top of the flames red)
-accidentally cut off the bottom 1/8th inch from the start, didn't realize it until the end...
-did 3 different versions of the masking layer ended up keeping the flames unmasked.

Fireball Classic Masking Layer (resized).jpg

Fireball Classic Backglass (resized).jpg

#5 3 years ago

Well decided to check my email before finally hitting the rack. What do you know, I have the dimensions from Tom. 26 5/16" wide and 24 11/16" tall. Will fix it tomorrow.

#6 3 years ago

It looks great! My buddy Welby Bergum just obtained one of these machines for his collection. It needs all new cabinet decals as well as a new backglass (severely faded).

#7 3 years ago

New to pin side and am looking replace my Fireball Classic backglass. Your reproduction looks great. Would you make and sell me one? Thanks.

3 months later
#8 3 years ago

If you are considering making the fireball classic glass I would be interested as well. Let me know.

3 months later
#9 3 years ago

Please check out the below link for more info on the reproduction backglass...

https://www.pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-classic-solid-state-cabinet-decals#post-4601977

2 years later
#10 4 months ago
Quoted from sheahan2:

Done. Now I just need to do the same thing for both Fireball and Buck Rogers...Verify dimensions by putting it physically in the machines.
Made some minor changes to the art and masking layer.
-changed the flames to match the original bally EM better (Turned the yellow at the top of the flames red)
-accidentally cut off the bottom 1/8th inch from the start, didn't realize it until the end...
-did 3 different versions of the masking layer ended up keeping the flames unmasked.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Hello, I have an NOS Fireball Classic glass and the background and flames are a deep orange!? Most all Fireball Classics have a yellow background behind the fire god. Did all the originals fade that bad??? I’m pretty sure this isn’t one of your reproductions as the flame tips are yellow, just curious if this is a sample glass with different color scheme or if all of them faded that much. thanks.

5C266A14-967B-45C6-9ECD-8A2C5660032F (resized).jpeg

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside