Quench....from your PM...answers are inserted below:
So it looks like you've got a switch matrix problem.
You mention in the thread that switches "seem ok" - can you elaborate on this?
1. Does it mean you can physically see the switches close and open when you press them, or does it mean the switch test mode recognises them when you press them?
ANSWER: Using switch test mode, it reports "0" with no ball inserted. I can manually go through and press every button/switch and it reports as expected from the manual.
2. When all balls are removed from the machine, does switch test mode report "0" in the ball in play display?
3. Do you have a multimeter and know how to test diodes with it?
ANSWER: Yes and Yes.
4. Any chance you can post clear pictures of the three trough switches, two saucer switches and the outhole switch on your thread?
ANSWER: Yes...will post below.
5. Any more weirdness in switches activating the wrong thing will help pinpoint the issue.
ANSWER: It seems to vary. Sometimes, similar to below, when the upper slings are hit, the lower trough kicker will fire (the one that pushes the balls into the right side of the trough.
6. You mention this: "when a ball hits the upper sling switches, the kicker solenoid will actually fire for no reason." When this happens, if you then remove all 3 balls from the machine out of the troughs etc, does the upper sling then operate correctly?
I will need to try this.