You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

775BB75C-39D4-468E-A3D2-57507B0C8EC9 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

My Fireball developed a problem today that I can’t resolve. The machine will not release a ball from the trough into the shooter lane. While trouble shooting, I also discovered if I put a ball in the Odin hole, it will release a ball to the shooter lane. Then if I put that ball into the Wotan hole, it will release the last ball to the shooter lane, but the ball release solenoid will continue firing over and over without stopping.

I have cleaned, adjusted, and checked the outhole relay, ball release relay, score motor switches, trough switches, and ball release assembly without fixing it.

Any Bally experts out there with any suggestions? I can post some schematic photos tomorrow.

Thanks. Tom

#2 1 year ago

Clean the fingers and disc on the Ball Count Unit. Post back here with the result.

#3 1 year ago

Check these 3 switches for proper operation, when a ball is on them, and when not.

For a switch to work 3 things are necessary:
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4 1 year ago

When the last ball in the trough gets kicked into the shooter lane, the #1 trough switch should open and release the power feed to the ball release relay. It seems like this isn’t happening and the ball release relay is staying pulled in.
Inspect the #1 trough switch for shorted blades and wire connections. Might even be the mounting plate of the ball release solenoid causing the short.

#5 1 year ago

Thanks guys, I’ll take a look today after church.

#6 1 year ago

They are all open.

775BB75C-39D4-468E-A3D2-57507B0C8EC9 (resized).jpeg775BB75C-39D4-468E-A3D2-57507B0C8EC9 (resized).jpeg
#7 1 year ago

Got the Dremel out and cleaned the trough switches. Seems to be working. Thanks guys.

#8 1 year ago

Looks like two of the switches are missing a mounting screw. Anybody know what size and thread they are? They are pretty small.

#9 1 year ago

The schematic shows a Y-BR wire connected to the jumper between the 1st and 2nd trough switches, not a white-black wire.
Is this a schematic error or is the correct wire somewhere in the general area possibly hooked up wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-ball-release-to-shooter-lane-trouble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.