You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Fireball-pinside-Work-06 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Hi Guys,

My Fireball EM has been working great, all features are working 100%... BUT... the ball count will not advance.

The Ball Index relay will pulse once points are scored, but doesn't remain on. If you tilt the ball, it will advance to the next player, but I can't get the Ball Index to stay pulled. I've checked and cleaned the contacts on this relay, ball count, tilt and lock, countless times and can't get the Ball Index relay to stay pulsed.

Any ideas, can't get anything to get the ball count to advance, other than through tilting, which will take it to game over if done on every ball... I've been through old posts and can't find the answer to this one!

Please any help or ideas would be appreciated!

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Redbaron:

The Ball Index relay will pulse once points are scored, but doesn't remain on

Use Alligator clip jumper wire to diagnose this circuit.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#3 6 years ago

Hi Redbaron
where in Your pin is the Ball-Index-Relay --- in the cabinet ? And where is the Player-Unit --- in the Backbox ?
If so - there is a Jones-Plug in the connection - I have taken HowardR 's JPG and added the drawing of Plugs. The ipdb-schematics is not so good - I do not know if I am allowed to read "95-4 Grey-White". Greetings Rolf

0Fireball-pinside-Work-06 (resized).jpg0Fireball-pinside-Work-06 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

Thanks Howard & Rolf! I have tried bridging these contacts on the diagram and still can't get the Ball Index Relay to stay locked, so it won't advance the ball counter. The only way to advance is by tilting. All the 3 balls count correctly for multi-ball in 1, 2 or 3 ball, but no scenario other than tilt will advance to the next ball count...

I have removed the play field several times completely, and the Jones-Plugs seem OK, but I'll double-check for continuity to the Payer Unit in the backbox.

This really has me stumped as all other features are working 100%, and this came up suddenly as this machine has been working great for years, I imagine there is a dirty or out of adjustment contact SOMEWHERE, but where?

#5 6 years ago

The Payer Unit was the culprit! I removed the Player Unit from the backbox and cleaned and adjusted the contacts. There was one out of adjustment, should be always closed and had a slight gap. That sorted the issue, playing 100% again.

Thanks for your help, I spent all the time checking and cleaning contacts in the cabinet, and the problem turned out to be simple, but in the backbox.

Keep well, Red

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 12.00
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-ball-advance and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.