Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RNajarian
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

After all the help I received repairing an inoperative Sling shot, I thought I may pick the Brain Trust’s collective knowledge on this seemingly minor hiccup.

When I turn on my Fire! machine I get normal play and sounds EXCEPT for the music track. The game will play normally for several balls (without music but WITH sounds). After 3-4 balls of play the music will start up at the start of a new ball. (It never starts up mid ball.) This phenomena occurs when it is cold. If the man cave is warm the music starts up right away.

When the music/sound plays everything works well, no buzzing/humming/static. The sound card is an original unit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

If you have already checked that the voltages at the sound board are correct when cold, then try reseating the ribbon cable. If reseating the cable helps then replace it.

#3 6 years ago

Great Start! I’ll give it a whirl.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-sound-board-likes-to-warm-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.