Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ledge
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hahaha.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from flecom:

darn, I would have been impressed if they installed flippers on a tetris...
    otherwise a new Happ swithcer is $20, leaf switches are a couple dollars... no idea what rubber on the joystick is... but you can replace the whole thing for $18 for a new leaf switch joystick... new t-molding is nice... fresh paint? they redo all the graphics? I find that hard to believe... and I also find it really hard to believe the reflow all the boards, that would take hours upon hours for really no reason...
    anyway the insanely expensive games he quoted were being sold as-is/broken so really doubt they did all that work...

TNT are the best restorer of Pins and Arcades in the Philly/SNJ area, hands down, no one even close; GRC does beautiful work too, but they don't to any arcade machines, and IMO are a little snobby when it comes to pins.

In most cases, TNT repaints the side art of 20-30 year old arcade machines, not just repro side art that 99% of other dealers do...These guys are true artists, and historians of arcades and pins.

Todd is running a business and has a crew of guys working for him, if you do factor in man hours on these machines and quality of the work that they produce, he has fair pricing.

Not everyone is scouring for deals on Craigslist, and wants to go through the hassle of transporting 300 pound arcade cabinets; also, a lot of people don't have the time to spend on fixing up machines, it's a hobby to most here on pinside; but most casual customers who buy games for the home, don't have the time or care to work on machines like most enthusiasts on here do.

Not sure why you are so negative about Todd if you have never bought a pin or arcade game from him, he's the man IMO...After having dealt with him over the past 6 months, I'll never buy again from anyone else.

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from flecom:

who's being negative? I have no idea who Todd is I just wanted to see someone install flippers on a Tetris!
    anyway for me half the fun is finding the machine and fixing them up so I don't know and or have an opinion about retailers

Then stop trolling in the thread.

#60 9 years ago

Problem with Mike is that he comes off as an elitist pinballer; he operates a small shop in a strip mall and acts like he's running the Nordstrom's of pinball...It was definitely a putoff for me.

All over the classic B/W titles, but rips other ones like D/E's and Sterns...Just that typical type of taste, which is fine for a collector, but for someone running a business; I wasn't too crazy about it. He needs to do more listening to his customers, they definitely do beautiful work, no doubt though.

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from Boatcat:

Judging the experience you've had with Todd the last 6 months by viewing your collection, I'm on board with this!

I've bought 3 machines from him in the last 4 months, 2 arcades and a pin...So not sure what this comment means. I know this is Pinside, but let's not even go into the Arcade side of it, TNT is bar-none the most educated Arcade retailer in the country, no one even close...And not MAME cabs or 60-1's, but all dedicated original cabinets, most from the golden age, just beautiful work, those Asteroids, Tempest, Star Wars Vector cabs are a thing of beauty.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from Boatcat:

Well.............Before casting your 2016 vote, I'd check out RGP first. You'll find doing just a little research, especially in that forum, will go a long way!

I don't need to do research, I've dealt with Todd first hand, he's a stand up guy...Where is this thread going at this point?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-saletnt-amusements?tu=dsmoke1986 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.