Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ledge
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hahaha.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider asay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

For the past year or so Todd has had a few auctions up with 30-80+ games for sale...I check his ebay store regularly, and I don't think I've seen any sell yet, but I may be wrong.

I hope he isn't retiring!

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm sure there would be a lot of interest for individual project machines. But, maybe they simply don't want to bother with individual sales for project machines because of the work involved with each sale. I dunno.

That's exactly it...their business is making games look/work like new and selling them for retail. I'd imagine there's not a whole lot of motivation to sell project machines unless it's in a huge lot like this.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Todd's a great guy but this looks like a potential customer is paying to take out his garbage.

Well...at around $820 a game, a retailer or operator could stand to make some money depending on how much work they need.

Here are all the lots if anyone is interested...
    ebay.com link: Wholesale Arcade PACKAGE DEALS

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Keep in mind that includes 43 arcade games, many that are likely worth less than $300 each (only 10 of those are marked as showroom, meaning working 100%, and probably worth barely over $800 if

Yea I'm sure a lot of the arcade games are worth a little less than 800, but it also has games like Big Bang Bar, Funhouse, and a few others that are worth considerably more than 800, so it's possible that it would balance out.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Why is he selling a Tetris for $1200......I paid $200 for one in better shape....and he wants almost 3k for a Shaq pinball...???!!!....that's just insane....retail or not....!!!........Joey

The machines he sells are just as good as new. Completely shopped out with LEDs and perfectly restored playfield and cabinet art. When you consider ~$200 for LEDs, flipper rebuild parts, and a thing else a machine would need, plus 15+ Hours of labor between the shop job and art, plus the overhead of running a full time repair shop and retail business, plus the warranty that's included....a $1000-$2000 markup from collector prices isn't unthinkable. If he bought and sold machines for the same price, he wouldn't have much of a business, would he?

Retail prices are always going to be higher. Most of us here like to search for deals and put in the work and knowledge to shop and repair a machine....but that isn't everyone. There's people who are willing to pay a premium for machines that they know will work and look beautiful from a business that has a great reputation.

tl;dr retail prices > collector prices for a number of good reasons

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from flecom:

how do you install new flippers on a tetris?

Clearly I was talking about the pinball he mentioned....

But with the tetris, it would get a new power supply, new leaf switches, new rubber on the joystick, fresh paint, new t-molding and all the boards get solder re-flowed to prevent as many future issues as possible.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

I get that, but the way I'm reading the auction, if priced individually, he's wanting 3K for a non-working Black Hole and 2K for a non-working Donkey Kong?... That I don't get. Those aren't project prices.
    -Steve

I think the individual prices he lists is what he is getting retail, not project prices. But in the auction he says that all machines have everything they need to get them working, and if they don't he will provide the parts or sub the game with another.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nemesis:

Eh, are paint pens so bad for touchup? I have seen MUCH worse.

They don't use sharpies or pens, they have a full time employee doing touch up work with a brush and paint. People here are just shitting on the business for no reason...I guess success breeds jealousy.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from hootowls:

TC, I have a problem with your post - it's crossed a line and you should know that. Let your "reputable source" speak for himself if there really is one.

He accused me of being a TNT employee for defending them here...and he's posted pictures from a competitors showroom. I have a feeling he might have some ulterior motives

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Last time I looked up TNT's showroom, it was all junk. Big Guns and Shaq Pinballs.

I've been there, no AAA titles like MB or TOM on the floor..but it definitely wasn't junk. Most of the showroom was Arcade machines, which I think is a huge portion of their business.

#51 9 years ago

Care to elaborate? I lot of people bitch and moan about retail prices...I'm just saying there is a reason for it.

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from Boatcat:

but when he starts the tactic of bashing the "Basement Repairmen," IMO it just makes him look real bad.........

To me, the basement repairmen spiel is just marketing. I don't think there is anything unprofessional about it, it's just business. Todd never calls out or bashes a specific business or person. Where I think it becomes unprofessional is GRC bashing TNT in almost every single video, to the point where it's obsessive and almost creepy.

#66 9 years ago

Go ahead and link to a video or forum where Todd has called out anyone by name. On nearly every GRC video they say something to slight TNT. Bottom line is it is unprofessional, no matter how good their pins are there is no way around that. Plus mike is 100% documented as being a Jerk on this forum.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider asay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-saletnt-amusements?tu=asay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.