9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I actually had about the same problem...with my F-14. Went 'round and 'round with the usual stuff, replacing diodes etc... still had the mysterious random tilts. I finally found that the upper "T" target was causing the tilts. Did the usual diode replacement again on that target. Still tilts.
I took the target switch out and ohm'd it for continuity and proper operation and it appeared to work fine out of the game. Reinstalled it and guess what - still tilted! I ordered a new switch and replaced it, and the problem was gone for good. I never knew what exactly within the switch was causing it, but I suspect that perhaps the rivet through the "sandwich" of the switch base was probably shorting somehow, I just never saw it with a meter.
I assume that your Fire right flipper has a lane change switch off of the cabinet switch. Try replacing the switch along with the diode, unless I am wrong about Fire and your matrix switch triggered by the right flipper is off of the right flipper EOS.

This doesn't make sense. How can a bad switch cause this to happen? Unless it was arching inside the stack and going around the diode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-randomly-tilts?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.