Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by Zog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0Fire-Queen-Work-01 (resized).jpg
6B4C1F79-12A9-4038-B020-3A392A1F2E85 (resized).jpeg
545A2792-163A-4FAB-B275-9BFBAFC6CADC (resized).jpeg
Solar City Start relay (resized).jpg

#1 35 days ago

My Fire Queen has worked flawlessly for a long time. Yesterday it stopped adding credits when coins are inserted. I do have a switch to make it free play, so it isn’t a huge issue. It works fine, except for the coin issue.

When a coin is inserted, the motor spins a third of a rotation and the “W” relay activates. Nothing else happens. I have a manual and schematics, but the description in the manual says the “S” relay is supposed to activate. It isn’t moving.

It wouldn’t be a huge deal, but I donate its use during car shows to collect money for local charities. I like to have the coin operation working.

Any ideas? Or does anyone have a Fire Queen that can tell me what relays should be firing?

Thanks!!

#2 35 days ago

Does your schematic look like this one from Solar City?
Solar City Start relay (resized).jpg
If your Replay button fires the Replay Button and Start relays you can assume that all the switches on the top and right side of the circuit are working and focus on the switches in the coin mech. You might also try reseating the jones plug from the coin door.

/Mark

#3 35 days ago

Your schematic looks identical.

I've reseated the coin door jones plug several times, and checked the coin switches.

The replay button works correctly.

I'm starting to wonder if it's one of the other jones plugs...

#4 35 days ago

Time to break out your meter. Shut off the power, clip one meter probe to the orange wire on the AX relay switch and the other probe to the Start relay coil solder lug that doesn't have the black wire (blue-white wire above, orange-white wire on Fire Queen). With the meter set to the lowest resistance range you should be able to close one of the coin switches (depending on how you have your pricing set) and see the resistance drop to an ohm or less.

/Mark

#5 35 days ago

Thanks! I’ll give that a try this week.

1 week later
#6 28 days ago

I did that. The ohmmeter drops to pretty much 0

#7 28 days ago

Weird thing is, the W relay is activated by the coin switch. Not the S

#8 28 days ago
545A2792-163A-4FAB-B275-9BFBAFC6CADC (resized).jpeg6B4C1F79-12A9-4038-B020-3A392A1F2E85 (resized).jpeg
#9 28 days ago

Hi Zog
post-8, first JPG --- Inserting ... OR (!) step (up 1,2,3,4,5 times on) the Replay-Unit.

I am happy with "(post-1) When a coin ... W-Relay activates" (the W-Relay has the lead / is involved in stepping-up the Replay-Unit).

See the JPG - "encircled green": The pulling W-Relay makes the motor to run. A motor-switch on motor-1A closes five times per motor-turn of 120 degrees , fires five times - 1 or 2,3,4,5 shots reach the Y-Relay --- IF, if, if the (green exclamation mark) switch on W-Relay is truely closed.
"encircled orange": The Y-Relay pulling-in closes switches - the Replay-Counter steps-up BUT the knocker does not knock.
"encircled blue" as the Replay-Unit does one step up: The Self-Hold-Circuitry on Y-Relay is cut - the Y-Relay let go --- ready for another shot (from motor-1A) to come to do another step-up on the Replay-Unit.

Does Your Y-Relay ever fire ? If not: Of interest / to check is "my encircled green" wirings. Greetings Rolf

0Fire-Queen-Work-01 (resized).jpg
#10 28 days ago

Thank you Rolf. I’ll let you know how it goes!

2 weeks later
#11 14 days ago

Finally got around to looking at it. Rolf nailed it. One of the switches on 1A was out of line and not making contact.

Thanks Rolf and Mark for the responses!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 7.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 19.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 29.00
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 75.00
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 63.50
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside