By Tony3Quarters

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210417_104249 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tony3quarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I have a Fire Queen. Everything works. The machine plays well and keeps score and resets well when red button is pressed.

The problem is that it always stays at player one, ball one.
If I trigger the Player Unit in the light box one step manually, it goes to player two ball one, and plays correctly, but when the ball drops out, it does not advance the Player Unit. If I trigger the Player Unit one step by clicking the solenoid, it will advance to player one ball two, and so on.
Eventually getting to the game over step, where the game shows the match number and says game over in the lightbox. The player unit does not reset. I reset it manually, and it’s ready for player one, ball one, when I start a new game.

Somehow I need the Player Unit to advance by itself without me manually triggering the solenoid and reset back to the first position when a new game starts.

As you can tell, I don’t know much about EM workings. I managed to get everything working by cleaning all the relay contacts, and cleaning all the jones plugs, which were pretty corroded.

I have the schematic for the machine, but not savvy enough to understand it.

Would appreciate some help putting me in the right direction to find this problem.

Thank you for your kind consideration,

Tony

20210417_104249 (resized).jpg20210417_104249 (resized).jpg
#3 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Hi Tony3Quarters , Welcome to pinside!
Between the outhole and the plunger is the Trough switch. Does the Add Player Unit relay (P) (mislabeled on the schematic) activate when the ball rolls over that Trough switch?

Thank You, Howard,
The trough switch was very dirty, cleaned it and queen works now.
Tony

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tony3quarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-queen-not-advancing-player-unit?tu=tony3quarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.