• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014Jun15 043.JPG
2014Jun15 047.JPG
Silverball_Musem_(5)_(640x480).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kaytrox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

As usual, I see the pin world through the eyes of the Gottlieb EM's. And there's enough ranting and raving about how slow,boring and repetitive these things are. But there is one that never bores me, and usually the only reason I walk away from it, is because I'm about to slam the heel of my fist through the glass, and I don't feel like bleeding or being banned for life.

'Fire Queen' has three separate, and somewhat unrelated sequences to complete. I have yet to complete all 3 sequences, mostly because all 3 reset after each ball. Achieving this is the biggest goal in my life right now.

There are four rollovers at the wedgehead, and a small bullseye target for #5, above the right slingshot, to complete the 1-5 sequence. Making this sequence lights the Special. There is an upper bank of drop targets, and completing this set activates double bonus. There is a lower bank of targets, and completing them lights that #5 bullseye for an extra ball. What's really cool about the extra ball, is that the sequences do not reset for the extra ball, and if you have Special, or double bonus lit, you retain that. But you DO collect your bonus, and since it maxes out at 15K, you get a fresh start.

Hitting that #5 bullseye is a risky shot. Typical situation where you have a small target with a post on each side, that if you miss it by just a hair, you'll be draining or making a desperate save. ANY Gottlieb EM player knows that! So the only time you want to be aiming for that, is to get the #5 or to score the extra ball.

So you find yourself letting the machine decide what you'll be shooting at, and when you'll be going for each shot, and it really keeps it fresh! Definitely my favorite machine! It's the only machine that I have the current high score on at the Silverball Museum, that I play every time I'm in there, because it NEVER gets stale.

Don't know that I would ever be able to find one, but if I ever do start my own collection, this would be the first one on my wishlist.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kaytrox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-queen-is-my-obsession?tu=Kaytrox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.