• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by GRUMPY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pbl_ps-conn-kit-01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballman3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have a fire machine that was working fine. Everything on it worked. All of a sudden all 4 slingshots just quit working. Everything else plays fine. It is just the 4 slingshots that dont work. I checked all the fuses and they where good i think. Anyone have any idea what could cause this. I have read some stuff where slingshots and flippers did not work. Another where the wrong board was in a newly acquired game and a ground wire had to be added. Nothing on a game that was fully working and the 4 slingshots quit working. Thanks

#3 6 years ago

All 4 coils do not fire in test mode. I am pretty sure the red/white wires are intact on all 4 coils. Is there anything that you know of farther up stream that could affect all 4 sling coils? Thanks

#5 6 years ago

I have power at coils. Do you know what nor chip would affect all 4 slings? Thanks

1 month later
#7 6 years ago

Ok i have this machine with me now. So i am going to try to figure this thing out. I tried putting a Rottendog 11C board in it that I was told would work except for sound. I do not know if this board would work or not. After installing it the slingshots still did not work. I just tried the coil test again and none of the 4 activate in test. None of the switches to those 4 slingshots show when I try to activate them in switch test. All 4 coils have power at them. All wires are secure on all 4 coils. Does this info help in what would be the trouble? If more info is needed please let me know. Thanks

#10 6 years ago

HamsterHerder, thanks for the reply. If there was a break in the red and white wire back to the power board I should not have power to the coils right? I do have power to all 4 sling coils. Maybe I am not thinking the right way.

#13 6 years ago

So should the Fire pinball operate normally with the Rottendog 11C board except for the sound? It should make the special coils work? Thanks

#15 6 years ago

I grounded all 4 coils and none of them fired. The coils show 26 volts at slings.

#17 6 years ago

GRUMPY, Yes it does. If i remove connector 3J3 voltage goes up to 42 volts. What would you think could be causing this? Thanks

#19 6 years ago

Thanks for all the help. I figured out what it was. It was the connector on power supply.

pbl_ps-conn-kit-01 (resized).jpgpbl_ps-conn-kit-01 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballman3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-pinball-slingshots-not-working?tu=pinballman3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.