(Topic ID: 41338)

Fire! Pinball flippers and left and right slingshot not working.

By Willy39

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kporter946286.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 11 years ago

I agree with Borygard, however I if u don't have or know how to use a DMM, I would look at all ur fuses. I believe there is a fuse under the playfield that runs all those solnoids, the tricky thing is it may look ok but still be blown which will take you back to what Borygard said and you'll need to vet a DMM. But my money is on a blown fuse either under playfield or in back box. But then the question will be why did the fuse blow?

#10 11 years ago

This exact thing just happened to me on my F14 and I posted a thread about it within the last month. I think it was a bad TIP that was grounding to short. Let me look up my old post and check the schematics for your game...Ill be back I a sec

#11 11 years ago

This is what my problem was its a bit diff. but I believe going to be the same solution.

"Just wanted to log a repair for everyone. My F14's pop bumber quit working. I found that the 2.5 slo-blo fuse under the playfield was blown, I replaced it and immediately blew the fuse again. I then found that the slingshots also not working. All three of these are connected via a RED/WHITE wire. I test each coil and found they were all shorting to ground. I started at the pop and was lucky to find that the blue/violet wire was the culprit. Traced the problem back to the TIP 122 @ Q69. Replaced the TIP and fuse again, and I am back up and running. I think problem was mis-adjusted leaf switch, causing the pop coil to stay locked on. (i just got the machine so I hadn't noticed that)"

#12 11 years ago

Ah just turn machine off and start testing the TIP's the one that is reading diff. from the other is the one shorting to ground. You can do all fairly quickly and I don't feel like looking at schematics right now got to pack for the OHIO show!!!. But something caused that TIP to blow. So look at all your solenoids and make sure the are all adjusted properly and that one is permanently stuck closed. i.e. your EOS switch. Pops swiches or bad Diode on a coil? Here's a Link http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/859/Williams_1987_Fire_Instruction_Manual.pdf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kporter946286.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-pinball-flippers-and-left-and-right-slingshot-not-working?tu=kporter946286 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.