You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Post Mech 1 (resized).JPG
Post Mech (resized).JPG
Wire Forms (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

I have a new to me Fire!, and the fireplug won't stay down. I thought it was just that the spring was missing, but I replaced it, and it still doesn't work. I don't understand how the mech is supposed to work. When guide pin is on the right side, the raising or lowering plug just keeps it on the right side. Never flips over to the left side. If I start it on the left side, it ends up on the right, and stays there. I saw some old theads on this, but nothing recently. Is there a new known fix for this, replacement parts, or I'm stuck?

Thanks for any help.
Aaron

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from cincyITguy:

I have a new to me Fire!, and the fireplug won't stay down. I thought it was just that the spring was missing, but I replaced it, and it still doesn't work. I don't understand how the mech is supposed to work. When guide pin is on the right side, the raising or lowering plug just keeps it on the right side. Never flips over to the left side. If I start it on the left side, it ends up on the right, and stays there. I saw some old theads on this, but nothing recently. Is there a new known fix for this, replacement parts, or I'm stuck?
Thanks for any help.
Aaron

You'll probably need to replace the cam and maybe the springs. The plastic wears on the cams grooves, and unfortunately the only fix is to replace the part
http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/williams/fire/flat-cam-with-groove.html

#3 6 years ago

Thanks. For anyone else looking, this site claims to have 29 of them left. Will report back if I actually get it, and it is correct.

http://dts2268.mivamerchantdev.com/flat-cam-03-8090-wgroove-system-11-games.html

#4 6 years ago

Wire Forms (resized).JPGWire Forms (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago

Oops, Can you look to see and maybe post a location of the wire forms in the last post, Thanks

#7 6 years ago

what is that wireform? I tried lube and a rubber band. Didn't work for me. The guide pin binds a lot about 1/2 way.

#8 6 years ago

Hello,
The wire forms pictured and posted are totally unrelated to the post. I was wondering if you could find where they go and send a or post a photo . I'm restoring a FIRE and don't know where they go. I posted this here as I knew you had a fire and could look.
If you don't mind looking to see if you can find them

#9 6 years ago

Make sure the Mech is configured correctly for the post

Post Mech (resized).JPGPost Mech (resized).JPG

#10 6 years ago

Back side

Post Mech 1 (resized).JPGPost Mech 1 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#11 6 years ago

Well, it doesn't look like the shady website that I ordered from is going to come through Still sitting in 'pending' status, and the phone number listed doesn't work. Disabled the plug solenoid so that it is playable. Hopefully someone makes these someday.

-Aaron

2 years later
#12 4 years ago
Quoted from cincyITguy:

Well, it doesn't look like the shady website that I ordered from is going to come through Still sitting in 'pending' status, and the phone number listed doesn't work. Disabled the plug solenoid so that it is playable. Hopefully someone makes these someday.
-Aaron

Did you end up finding a flatcam?
A guy on Aussie Arcade called "Swinks" made repros.

#13 4 years ago

Take everything apart in the mech and clean it really good. Should move super smooth. Make sure the plastic track the thing runs in isn’t worn at all.

#14 4 years ago

if you need the cam I have it here

https://swinks.com.au/ss-parts

#15 4 years ago

I have had the same issue, I tried alot of things.
The CAM looked ok, but replacing it did the trick.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-fireplug-wont-stay-down and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.