New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 247326)

For Sale or trade: Rare Fire Escape Arcade Game

By Whysnow

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Fire 4 (resized).jpg
Fire 3 (resized).jpg
Fire 2 (resized).jpg
Fire 1 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 1,750

for sale

For Sale or trade: Rare Fire Escape Arcade Game

Added: July 15th, 2019 Ended: July 19th, 2019

Item description

Fire Escape mechanical arcade game.

Very fun game. Works just as expected. Pretty rare to find, esp in good condition.

I have more than this into the game, but would prefer a no hassle sale.
I would possibly be interested in trade but only rare or oddball stuff, classic 80s-90s pins, or good games I could put on route.

I can add cash for the right/local trade.

Preference is outright and easy cash sale.

video (not me in the video, but to show the game)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=W71VYji3lHo

Item photos

Fire 1 (resized).jpg
Fire 2 (resized).jpg
Fire 3 (resized).jpg
Fire 4 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Madison, WI, US

Seller insights

These are Whysnow's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Whysnow's stats page

#2 1 year ago

Wow, that is cool! Never seen this game. Video makes me want to play one, especially as a drinking game.

#3 1 year ago

It is a fun game and fits the trio of mechanical ball type games. Works great next to an ICB and much cheaper than those currently go for

I originally bought it with a plan to put on route with a place where the owner is a fireman. That did not work out and space constraints...

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Works great next to an ICB

That's exactly how mine are set up. The only bad thing is when some kid leaves the Fire Escape in the middle of a game. The background sounds will drive you crazy!

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

That's exactly how mine are set up. The only bad thing is when some kid leaves the Fire Escape in the middle of a game. The background sounds will drive you crazy!

lol

#6 1 year ago

Annoyingly fun game

#7 1 year ago

pending sale

#8 1 year ago

Never saw this game in any arcade I've been to. Looks really cool - and sold quick accordingly!

#9 1 year ago

Yikes! Might be time for me to move some of this stuff that I haven't played in years. Congrats. on the sale.

#10 1 year ago

That's a neat game...

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Never saw this game in any arcade I've been to. Looks really cool - and sold quick accordingly!

These mechanical games are really unique and fun, always a hit at parties, and toss in rare to boot.

Had a handful of people interested and first to put down the deposit, gets the worm (I think that is the saying? )

#12 1 year ago

Thought the sale was pending?

#13 1 year ago

It's an interesting game for sure.
I have one of these in my collection as well that I picked up a few years ago.
I took it to ZapCon a couple years ago where it was a big hit.
Had it set up right next to my Ice Cold Beer.

My understanding is that is was designed by an eccentric guy in NY that was trying to sell these to ICE.
The unfortunate part was that the game was basically finished in 1984 and is one of those games that fell victim to the arcade crash of that year.
As the story goes he designed these games and when he was ready to make them they turned him away stating that this is not the type of game he promised them.
It probably had more to do with the market crash, as at that time games were becoming unsaleable and arcades were closing their doors.
Its more likely the company told him "these are now what we were expecting" as excuse to no buy the machines and it had more to do with the state of the market.
Apparently he tried selling them on his own to whomever would buy them over the years so vey few actually made it out into the wild.

A group of these were found in a barn in Buffalo NY a few years back which is where mine came from (40 or so machines + parts).
Those are all dispersed now, so whomever got one got one.
Kind of an interesting find that helped put this otherwise unobtainable game in the spot light and put it on the radar of a lot of collectors.
BTW, good price.
I think I paid around $2200 for mine.

Theres some interesting history on the game in this article.

http://gameroomjunkies.com/index.php/2015/03/13/fire-escape-arcade/

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Thought the sale was pending?

It is.

It is marked as pending. Deposit received and just waiting on buyer to figure out his shipping.

I will change it from pending to sold once final payment is received.

#15 1 year ago

The sound effects on this game are pretty interesting.
You're basically trying to maneuver the ball down the fire escape of a burning building simulating someone escaping a burning building (hence fire escape).
There is a timer and the faster you achieve this the more points you get.
The sound effect of the timer is basically sounds like a heart beat and it speeds up as the timer counts down.
When it gets to zero or you drain the ball it makes a sound effect like a heart beat flat lining (I.E. you died).

#16 1 year ago

coindork, you are really making me regret this...

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

coindork, you are really making me regret this...

LOL, I feel you.
I wouldn't sell mine.

#18 1 year ago

shipping confirmed. Final payment coming this week.

If you were in line, sorry but this game is all but shipped.

#19 1 year ago

Whats interesting about a unique sale like this one and for sale threads in general.....
We never see end result once its marked sold and donation made to pinside.
Never hear about the happy customer and a games new home. We never get a true ending and completion to the story.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Whats interesting about a unique sale like this one and for sale threads in general.....
Never hear about the happy customer and a games new home. We never get a true ending and completion to the story.

So you are asking whysnow for a happy ending?

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

once the sale is complete, I will mark it as such and will pay the Pinside fee for it.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from lordloss:

So you are asking whysnow for a happy ending?

I am told that is more in your area of expertise.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside