You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).png
bell (resized).jpg
DSC_5128 (resized).jpg

#1 8 months ago

I recently got a fire pinball machine. a good portion of time has been spent getting it running and i am down to a few last issues.
I was wondering anyone knew the length and threading for the plastic screw. Mine was missing and the manual has no info from what i can see about the bell assembly. also what length of plastic screw thread needs to be on the solonoid side so that the bell rings properly when the solonoid engauges?

DSC_5128 (resized).jpg
#2 8 months ago

Doesn't really answer your questions, but (from the parts manual)...

https://online.fliphtml5.com/vrtyz/rvsk/#p=427
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=BOOK

bell (resized).jpg
#4 8 months ago

thanks for both posts. i now i have the info i need to get a nylon screw. that is definately a great start.

#5 8 months ago

I can't think of any reason that this screw needs to be nylon. It's just an adjustable stop.

In case the coil shorts to the plunger perhaps?

#6 8 months ago

maybe the reason is that it'll be quieter if the adjustment screw is plastic vs metal?

#7 8 months ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I can't think of any reason that this screw needs to be nylon. It's just an adjustable stop.
In case the coil shorts to the plunger perhaps?

Perhaps just to lessen wear/noise? I agree... it probably doesn't have to be nylon. you could probably just use a metal screw with a piece of rubber (Maybe a shooter tip?) on the end to lessen wear/noise

#8 8 months ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I can't think of any reason that this screw needs to be nylon.

It doesn't have to be.

Nylon would be quieter when the plunger hits it. And the end won't peen over like a metal one, should you ever want to remove it, which would make unscrewing it hard if not impossible. And you won't wear a spot on the bottom of the plunger.

LTG : )

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside