• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010021.JPG
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I've messed with this guy dozens of times trying to keep the ball from trapping on the gate at the exit of the shooter lane. As a reminder when you launch the ball you are best with a light touch because you get points based how how far the ball goes up. To get the ball out the glass has to be removed.

I've messed with the gate at least a dozen times and it still traps. I've even gone as far as cleaning it with a rag with a bit of silicon on it.

Seems to me it's not normal. Any advice or suggestions?
image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 9 years ago

I'm guessing for some reason the wire form that hangs there is restricted at the top of its movement. It should be totally free, even at the top of its movement. If not, it can hang the ball. make sure it not contacting the housing.

#3 9 years ago

Mine sometimes does the same thing, I blame it on the design. It's a very steep angle for that gate.

#4 9 years ago

Pull it out and polish off all the corrosion, wax it with paste wax, and finally bend it with pliers so it opens further (it won't take much).

Also inspect the playfield switch slot for wear, and that the switch wire is not too proud of the playfield.

#5 9 years ago

Your ball gate is positioned wrong; the frame of the gate assembly should be *under* the triangular-shaped metal piece that spans from the outside wood rail to the aluminum post at the top of the right-hand ball lock assembly. If the frame of the gate assembly is on top of the metal piece it will likely cause the gate wire to drag on the metal ball guide at the exit of the lane.

Here's a picture that shows the correct order:

P1010021.JPGP1010021.JPG

#6 9 years ago

Thanks everyone. I'll make all those changes and report back.

3 months later
#7 8 years ago

I finally got around to I hope fixing this. I ended up doing a bunch of things but in the end I think jadziedzic had it right. I wouldn't have thought such a minor change could have been the fix...

I bent the gate - in the end pretty much bent it back
Waxed the shooter lane
Waxed the switch
Waxed the gate - it was nice and clean to begin with
Fresh set of waxed balls
Repositioned the gate

The game plays a LOT better with the freshly waxed balls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-ball-trap-at-the-gate-at-the-top-of-the-shooter-lane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.