IMG_7311 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpg
IMG_7308 (resized).jpg
IMG_7307 (resized).jpg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1088 HOTK strategies. Posted by Eskaybee (6 years ago)

Post #1479 Code 1.36 Release Notes Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

3 weeks later
#145 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I had an odd issue tonite. After several hours of play, then a short break, my Premium was exhibiting very strange behaviour - the sound of a clashing sword was consistently playing no matter what was happening in the game. This was not familiar and terribly annoying.
I removed the glass and started a game to see if I could diagnose the issue. I quickly noticed the slightest tap with my hand on the upper or main playfield, even the cabinet, would register 30pts and play that clashing sword sound, every single tap.
I went into switch diagnostics and tapped the playfield. Switch 86 was inadvertently firing (right sling, upper playfield). A manual tap on the sling produced a 30pt score and that now annoying sound. I regapped the switch slightly with my finger as I could not get my leaf switch tool into the tight space. The switch now registers normal ball hits, but not inadvertent shocks to the playfield.
Easy enough.

Mine did this as well, it eventually just worked itself out I guess. Thanks for the tip in case it returns.

1 month later
#287 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

OOOh, you have entered the magical TRON-Metallica-GOT club........pm me for details, you get a free dildo if you have a TWD.

What type of dildo?

1 year later
#1059 6 years ago

Anyone know if there is going to be any further code updates? Would be nice if Castle Multiball was somehow stackable with something or had some better jackpots.

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

AWWW crap don't you start now, next thing you know we will have to have our own wheres the GOT code thread.....

Haha! I hear ya!

Having Castle Multiball be stackable or have jackpots of some type of reasonable value isn't that much to ask though. Minor code tweak.

I wonder how GoT is selling these days? I bet it picks up after the new season starts, the game is phenominal.

#1064 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just like TWD, code can sell hundreds of games. Rules and scoring are phenomenal in GOT; but yea, that little extra effort of code genius hiding in dwights brain would definitely pump GOT sales again. Rules, flow, speed, theme...this pin is one of my favorites ever.

One of the reasons Lyman is revered is what he did on SM. Coming back to it and not letting it be just good enough, he made it great. Dwight has that opportunity here. GoT doesn't need much, just some really minor tweaking and balancing.

#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm on the side of more code is coming. In the making of video, Dwight talks about doing things on the upper playfield like killing white walkers and being able to do other things up there. For the main playfield, I think those rules are pretty much done, just need to balance the scoring out.

Lannister could be balanced out by giving 3x gold instead of 2x gold and having more and better stuff available for high gold prices (like buying an extra sword or an extra ball) that would effectively give Lannister some late game benefits on big games.

The upper playfield needs more rules. And please let castle Multiball stack with modes somehow.

#1076 6 years ago

Also, does anyone know the status on ColorDMD working with the SPIKE system? Are they still working on it or is it impossible for whatever reason?

Would love some GoT in color.

#1081 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes. In color AND not so smear-y looking.

Yep, would be a huge improvement on the dots. Would be a big undertaking to colonize though, like Iron Man was but with five times the number of animations to color.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 months later
#1112 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Dwight needs to add some more rules for the upper playfield.

That would be really nice. Are there any rumors that Stern plans another update for GoT?

#1117 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've heard it's done. He still has GB to update, SW to finish, and has probably already moved onto whatever the next game is. GOT isn't even in the rear view mirror anymore.

That's a shame. The last two seasons have had some phenomenal stuff I'd love seeing reflected in the code. Maybe give each house another level or two like Star Trek.

#1120 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I did give Dwight a list of a bunch of bugs including a request for balancing a few houses and programming the upper pf better. Will it get done? Who knows.

Perhaps Dwight will see the years and years of monster respect Lyman has received for finishing and polishing SM and he will want GoT to be his SM.

One can dream.

#1125 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I did give Dwight a list of a bunch of bugs including a request for balancing a few houses and programming the upper pf better. Will it get done?

Just out of curiosity, what were your recommendations?

#1129 6 years ago

Stern has a tight leash on that kind of code being from HBO and there is no way that would either party would authorize it, sadly anyone attempting to bypass or copy that code would be slapped so hard with infringement and copyright violations they would more than likely keep that on the DL for fear of retaliation.

I think he's suggesting the money go to Dwight to finish it (basically the community paying him overtime). I'd be all for it and would contribute $100.

#1139 6 years ago

Again, Neither Stern nor HBO will authorize that no matter how much money is offered to Dwight as they own all the rights, licensing and so forth. Nice to dream though and count me in for a Benji

My view was Stern would officially do the update. We would just be covering their over head for staffing costs. Stern would pay Dwight.

Very unlikely, just a dream.

#1142 6 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

I'm having an intermittent problem where a house is automatically chosen for me. I initially suspected there was a hair-trigger switch triggered by vibration, but I can find no such sensitive switch and I still have a score of 0 after the house has been locked in. Giving the game a reboot seems to fix the problem for a while, but it comes back.
Any ideas?

The ball comes out of the trough to hard and bounces up a little bit in the shooter lane triggering the switch like you just barely plunged it thereby selecting your house for hitting a switch. Easy fix.

4 months later
#1176 6 years ago

So, my machine is eating balls...

When I hit the center ramp, occasionally the ball appears to simply vanish. It is getting stuck under the upper playfield. It enters the area from the back (not the front). It’s a glass remover to get the ball out.

Any ideas how I stop balls getting stuck there?

10 months later
#1320 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What would prem and le owners like to see if Dwight gets time to revisit this one?

Is it being discussed that this may be possible?

The main thing I would like to see is some more animations from the last two seasons integrated. I’d rather see Cersie’s episode I and II military victories from season 7 then save Marcella as the Lannister quest. Add some “hold the door” stuff to Hodor’s midnight madness stuff.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.