gt2 (resized).JPG
gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1088 HOTK strategies. Posted by Eskaybee (6 years ago)

Post #1479 Code 1.36 Release Notes Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballosp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#842 7 years ago

Just found this thread and slowly making my way through it.

GOT is an amazing game, in fact, it's the most interesting game I've ever played in terms of scoring and strategy -- and it can easily get better by rebalancing the rest of the houses that are not Greyjoy or Martell
GOT is also by far my most favorite Stern game.

After initially being disappointed with the flow of the GOT LE as compared to the PRO I like it much better because of added variety in gameplay: plus, the PRO just feels kind of cheap, relatively speaking. I do admit though that an LE is much easier to gain control on.

For newer players I would suggest that they key to long ball times is learning to live catch balls coming out of both orbits. Especially the right orbit can be tricky because the ball can hit the top of the bumper. On location, I will often hit the right side of the machine OR move the machine slightly out of the way (if you watch Keith Elwin, he does the latter).

I have put in a lot of time learning better mechanics but it's been extremely rewarding -- something I can not say for the latest Stern release :/

#843 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You are absolutely right. Greyjoy is the way to monster scores and also the hardest route to IT

The only really stupid thing about getting to the Iron Throne with Greyjoy is you don't get the add-a-ball like with Martell. That potentially makes Iron Throne last twice as long which can be incredibly valuable.

#852 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

I hope not!? My understanding of starting with Greyjoy is that all houses keep their reward, otherwise it is pointless to start with Greyjoy. The add-a-ball should also be active once reaching Iron Throne from Greyjoy. I hope I may achieve that once in my lifetime

I know that when I reached the Iron Throne via Greyjoy the button just gave me 'iron bank' -- unlike during all other multi balls.
But -- I am not sure what code version this was on. Clearly need to play Greyjoy again

4 months later
#955 7 years ago

I have logged hours of play on both the Pro and LE and they are very different games.

The Pro is definitely faster but the LE has way more going on that is the one I own: it's much more interesting.

I am not sure I consider GOT a flow game in either version unlike (say) Demo-man: unless you're just looping a ramp you're asking for trouble taking shots on the fly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballosp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club?tu=pinballosp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.