gt2 (resized).JPG
gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1088 HOTK strategies. Posted by Eskaybee (6 years ago)

Post #1479 Code 1.36 Release Notes Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1914 2 years ago

I joined the club finally a couple of days ago with a beautiful, very low play LE. I'm a big fan of the TV show and a big fan of Steve Ritchie, so probably should have had the game sooner. At least GoT has been out long enough that I don't have to wait for any software revisions or the topper to come out!

I don't think the previous owner played it much, it looks like it just came out of the box and there are no tweaks or mods - until I got it. I started by going through every picture in this thread and the other main GOT thread and that led me to a lot of tweaks and mods to choose from. I lubed the ram and it acts perfectly. Takes a decent whack to register. I did the DIY sword mod with gold paint, heat shrink and wire. The machine came with side blade art and flipper fidelity speakers uninstalled, so I installed those. I ordered a ColorDMD LCD and will put that in soon. Also ordered speaker light kit, Mezel Crows, real knocker, shaker and a shooter. I did the speed bump mod for the throne bounce outs and it sticks 100% of the time now. Right ramp bounce backs fixed by lifting the shield with rubber post rings as a spacer. Mylar to protect the shooter lane. Most importantly, I've played it a ton and love the game. The upper playfield is awesome. Until now 99% of my experience playing this game has been on the pro. The Pro is a fast fun game, but this is such a great upper playfield I would not want to be without it.

OK so I do have a question. What is the purpose of the plate standing next to the sword lock? I know there used to be a decal for sale to cover that, but I am wondering what it would hurt to remove it? I've played 100 games and haven't seen it prevent a stuck ball or anything like that. I'd like to remove it because it blocks some of the art on the art blades.

20210531_185103 (resized).jpg20210531_185103 (resized).jpg20210531_212620 (resized).jpg20210531_212620 (resized).jpg20210601_100009 (resized).jpg20210601_100009 (resized).jpg
#1917 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Not that your LE has or should ever have a wonky pf or cab, but having owned some games in the past where the pf could get twisted when raising and lowering, I'd say it's to prevent the sword from getting f'd up during a said bad pf lift/lowering. Also, it would protect the art blades from the same worst case scenario.

Must be something to do with protecting the sword. I don't think they even had side art blades with this came out. I'll be pulling the plate out of the game next time I take the glass off.

#1921 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Blood spatter of course, why else would they put the plate there? Wait.....maybe wrong thread.

I was installing the shaker motor today and figured out the real answer. It is to protect the sword from getting damaged when you are raising the playfield in case you let balls fly out of the ball trough. I always stuff a rag into the ball shooter lane to keep balls from spilling out, so no big deal to remove the plate and put it in my coin box. The game looks a lot better without it because it was blocking the art on the side blade.

Shaker is a must for this game. Just having it bump when you hit the battering ram makes the cost of the shaker worthwhile.

20210604_205823 (resized).jpg20210604_205823 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1923 2 years ago

Andy from Rocket City Pinball came over the other night and we found the perfect spot for the dire wolf through trial and error. I'm really happy look how he looks.

20210608_110005 (resized).jpg20210608_110005 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1934 2 years ago

OK so I am having a problem with my topper. Sometimes the wings move and others they just stutter and you can hear a sound like gears slipping. Before I dig into it, I am hoping that someone here has fixed this before and can give me a quick rundown on how to proceed and what to look for. Thanks. I will post the fix here either way.

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK so I am having a problem with my topper. Sometimes the wings move and others they just stutter and you can hear a sound like gears slipping. Before I dig into it, I am hoping that someone here has fixed this before and can give me a quick rundown on how to proceed and what to look for. Thanks. I will post the fix here either way.

Alright I guess I'll answer my own question. After a little head scratching it turned out to be a simple fix. The mechanism is a motor spinning a cam which flaps the wings. I noticed there was a set screw on the shaft that takes a tiny 1/16th hex key, but it was already tight. Then I noticed the whole motor assembly the dragon sits on was bent forward and the front of the shaft was rubbing on the back of the light housing. I bent it backwards to give about 1/4 inch of clearance and now it works just fine. My guess is that it got bent somewhere when the machine was getting moved before it got to my house because I don't think it has been right since I GoT it.

1 month later
#1938 2 years ago

I got my new Start button and coin rejects from Rocket City Pinball. They are on Pinside Marketplace. Both of these items look really cool and better in person than my pictures could show. The coin returns look great with contrasting colors and really pop with the back-lighting.

The Start button is a new product that completely replaces the original Start button with a larger button similar to the new Sterns or JJP games. The bigger size makes the design and back light on the button standout and really look great. Everything is an easy install and Rocket City has great instructions and videos for the install.

Edit: Ugh posted wrong pictures. Fixed...

20210827_202024 (resized).jpg20210827_202024 (resized).jpg20210827_202110 (resized).jpg20210827_202110 (resized).jpg
20210827_202208 (resized).jpg20210827_202208 (resized).jpg

20210827_202941 (resized).jpg20210827_202941 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.