Topic Stats

• 1,585 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 369 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

game-of-thrones-castle-walls-prem_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
20191012_125211_HDR (resized).jpg
FB192438-0E5F-4D65-B343-AC1B8D76ED55 (resized).jpeg
BFTW.PNG
Mammoth.gif
IMG_20190810_191244 (resized).jpg
20190721_205205 (resized).jpg
20190719_224354 (resized).jpg
27164C79-0709-41D9-9A62-D64684B58DB8 (resized).jpeg
220AC03F-33FA-405C-A007-DDE390312104.gif
20190625_212249 (resized).jpg
20190625_211606 (resized).jpg
IMG_3142 (resized).jpg
IMG_0604 (resized).jpg
20190508_161327 (resized).jpg
E9B880FC-CD16-4F5D-A9D9-521DACA1DE35 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1088 HOTK strategies. Posted by Eskaybee (2 years ago)

Post #1479 Code 1.36 Release Notes Posted by chuckwurt (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlatko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#743 3 years ago

I am finally a member of this club! Just got my LE, #442/700 and installed the latest software. This is my first new pin, and I am loving most everything about it: The light show, the depth of game play, the callouts, the music, the shot selection, the upper playfield, etc... I keep discovering new things and new strategies with every play. Highly recommended pin for those who enjoy the show or just enjoy a great pinball game, but I guess I don't need to tell you guys that.

Best game so far set this morning: 1,435,236,200 as Stark. Had a real good Wall Multiball and Winter Has Come, but stalled again at 3 houses completed.

Looking forward to adding a topper and some protective and decorative mods next.

1 month later
#813 3 years ago

I can backhand the right ramp from the right flipper pretty consistently on my LE. The maddening thing is when I try to make the shot from the left flipper and wind up hitting the ramp with too much speed. The ball bounces, hits the ramp plastic guard at the top, and either falls off the ramp or comes shooting straight back down it. Irritating because I hit the ramp with an accurate shot. This happening to others?

Last night I almost could not miss in my last game attempt, and achieved my best score yet: 2.1 billion. 6 2/3 houses complete. So close to Iron Throne Wizard mode I could taste it, but could not quite defeat Drogon!

#817 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Common issue. Just raise the height of the sneeze guard on top of it. Also, make sure that your drop target is level with the PF and not sticking up just a tad.

Big time. Another bonus to you getting to 4x before starting your MB is that you probably increased your wildfire too. That impacts your JP values and is something not talked a lot about. Increasing wildfire before going into your MB can also help you blow up a score.

Thanks for the adjustment tips! Probably just the sneeze guard. How would I adjust the drop target height if necessary?

I must admit that I am not actively taking wildfire build-up into account when I play, when I should be paying more attention to it. The battering ram can be a somewhat risky shot when it comes to keeping control of the ball, at least for me. That jackpot increase and playfield multiplier advancements given by the ram are worth the risk when going for score, especially when you have a few extra balls tucked away in waiting.

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's crazy how fast your score can soar when you have the right things stacked. Last night, I had less than 100M points. I locked two balls and then nailed the battering ram a bunch of times to get 4x playfield going. I locked the third ball and stacked Lannister and Tyrell. My multiball didn't even last that long, but when it ended I was shocked to see my score was over a billion.
I f***ing love this game!!!

I need to try wailing on the ram before starting Blackwater! Thanks.

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Remember too. You're limited to 3x Max unless you've collected at least one sword.

Needle, Widow's Wail, Ice, Oathkeeper!

2 years later
#1426 4 months ago

Just saw that Deadflip teaser on FB! Anybody have any advance knowledge of what was added? Amazing, wonderful surprise for a proud LE owner.

#1430 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t want to spoil anything, but it’s a massive update.

Chuck, spoil a little something??!!

#1434 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You won’t even recognize castle MB

Whoa! Sounds like fun.

#1449 4 months ago

Reveal was insane! Summary:

Each house has a new action button power.

Stark can finish the current house mode with a direwolf once per ball.

Lannister can purchase playfield multipliers with gold, which time out eventually just like before. 500 gold per multiplier. Existing Max multiplier rules still enforced, based on houses completed. They also earn even more gold than before.

Baratheon can light a temporary Lord of Light save on both outlanes once per ball.

Tyrell can access Iron Bank once per ball at a greater value than before, and multiplied by playfield multipliers.

Martel is still add a ball once per ball.

Greyjoy doesn't change, but now you inherit the house action power of the most recent house you plundered.

Targaryen is now a playable house! They can pause all timers for 15 seconds once per ball. They also spot themselves as a completed house like Greyjoy, so you don't need to fight the dragons at all to progress.

Really cool changes that will make it easier to advance to Hand of the King and Iron Throne for sure.

You can also now complete the current house mode(s) by capturing a castle in the upper playfield.

Castle multi-ball has been revamped, and is easier to progress to. The castle shot is lit on a new ball entering the upper playfield for a short timer. If you hit the shot, you advance one level towards castle multi-ball automatically. New super jackpot collected at castle loop during castle multi-ball.

There will be some new callouts, but no new animations. New visual effects added also.

Random mode for selecting starting house.

Upper playfield now has playfield multipliers independent from the main playfield, and these stack together up there.

Baratheon target/spinner exploit tougher to exploit. Now spinner value can only be advanced to the number of houses you have completed.

You can purchase 3 of the new house action powers during spend your gold mode. Martel, Baratheon and I think Tyrell. Once you purchase a new ability, you lose your old ability. You can only ever have one action ability at a time.

More stuff too, but I'll let others chime in.

Added 126 days ago:

Game of Thrones new code reveal stream was earlier tonight.

Thanks to Dwight from Stern and Jack from Deadflip. Reveal was insane! Summary:

Most houses have a new action button power. This is a game setting. These new powers can be turned off in settings to use the old familiar rules.

Stark can finish the current house mode with a direwolf once per ball. If fighting Targaryen, it will only kill one of the 3 dragons.

Lannister can purchase playfield multipliers with gold, which time out eventually just like before. 500 gold per multiplier. Existing Max multiplier rules still enforced, based on houses completed. They also earn even more gold than before.

Baratheon can light a temporary Lord of Light save on both outlanes once per ball with the action button. Baratheon also advances battle for the wall each time the player drops the three Baratheon drop targets.

Tyrell can access Iron Bank once per ball at a greater value than before, and multiplied by playfield multipliers.

Greyjoy doesn't have its own new action power, but now you inherit the house action power of the most recent house you plundered.

Targaryen is now a playable house! They can pause all timers for 15 seconds once per ball. They also spot themselves as a completed house like Greyjoy, so you don't need to fight the dragons at all to progress.

Really cool changes that will make it easier to advance to Hand of the King and Iron Throne for sure.

You can also now complete the current house mode(s) by capturing a castle in the upper playfield. If fighting two houses in a mode, both can be defeated this way at once. If fighting Targaryen, only one dragon can be killed this way.

Castle multi-ball has been revamped, and is easier to progress to. The castle loop shot is lit on a new ball entering the upper playfield for a short timer. If you hit the shot, you advance one level towards castle multi-ball automatically. New super jackpot collected at castle loop during castle multi-ball.

There will be "lots" of new callouts, but no new animations. New visual effects added also.

No new modes or content from new seasons.

Upper playfield now has playfield multipliers independent from the main playfield, and these stack together up there, being multiplied. So 3x upper playfield and 5x lower playfield gives you 15x upper playfield.

Baratheon target/spinner exploit tougher to exploit. Now spinner value can only be advanced to the number of houses you have completed + 1. Completing the 3 bank of targets increases spinner level.

You can purchase 3 of the new house action powers during spend your gold mode. Martel, Baratheon and Tyrell. Once you purchase a new ability, you lose your old ability. You can only ever have one action ability at a time.

#1456 4 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This is the only change I don’t like. I fear that players (especially in tournaments) will go for the upper playfield every time instead of playing through modes. I hope the current behavior can still be chosen (make the upper playfield targets complete shots).

One disadvantage to trying to complete houses from the upper pf is that you won't get the bigger points for actually working through the mode traditionally. I agree that this would make a good setting to turn on/off.

#1463 4 months ago

Missed this originally, but on a re-watch of the stream, the new action button powers are a game setting that can be toggled on/off. Not sure if this means the castle loop will still finish houses when collecting a castle. Probably.

#1464 4 months ago

Game of Thrones new code reveal stream was yesterday.

Thanks to Dwight from Stern and Jack from Deadflip. Reveal was insane! Summary:

Most houses have a new action button power. This is a game setting. These new powers can be turned off in settings to use the old familiar rules.

Stark can finish the current house mode with a direwolf once per ball. If fighting Targaryen, it will only kill one of the 3 dragons.

Lannister can purchase playfield multipliers with gold, which time out eventually just like before. 500 gold per multiplier. 2x = 1K, 3x = 1.5K, 4x = 2K and 5x = 2.5K. Existing Max multiplier rules still enforced, based on houses completed. They also earn even more gold than before.

Baratheon can light a temporary Lord of Light save on both outlanes once per ball with the action button. Baratheon also advances battle for the wall each time the player drops the three Baratheon drop targets.

Greyjoy doesn't have its own new action power, but now you inherit the house action power of the most recent house you plundered.

You can also now complete the current house mode(s) by capturing a castle in the upper playfield. If fighting two houses in a mode, both can be defeated this way at once. If fighting Targaryen, only one dragon can be killed this way.

Castle multi-ball has been revamped, and is easier to progress to. The castle loop shot is lit on a new ball entering the upper playfield for a short timer. If you hit the shot, you advance one level towards castle multi-ball automatically. New super jackpot collected at castle loop during castle multi-ball. Castle loop also increases upper playfield multipliers.

There will be "lots" of new callouts, but no new animations. New visual effects added also.

No new modes or content from new seasons.

Upper playfield now has playfield multipliers independent from the main playfield, and these stack together up there, being multiplied. So 3x upper playfield and 5x lower playfield gives you 15x upper playfield.

Baratheon target/spinner exploit tougher to exploit. Now spinner value can only be advanced to the number of houses you have completed + 1. Completing the 3 bank of targets increases spinner level.

You can purchase 3 of the new house action powers during spend your gold mode. Martel, Baratheon and Tyrell. Once you purchase a new ability, you lose your old ability. You can only ever have one action ability at a time.

#1514 4 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Haven’t downloaded the new code yet, but I have 2 questions.
1 - did Dwight put in there a way to adjust the power for the ball eject into the shooter lane.
2 - is there a setting to put getting a castle back to the old way of just awarding points and not completing a mode?

Since nobody has mentioned it for #2, I don't think so. I agree that this would be a good setting for those that want the option of the traditional house mode progression.

1 week later
#1530 3 months ago

Yup, Dwight took many of our setting requests and made them reality. You can turn off castle loop completion of houses, also tweak the number of times a button ability may be used per ball and used per game, so Stark's direwolf ability can be scaled back, or made overpowered as the player desires.

But the BEST new setting that will end the frustration and hacks around the ball falling out of the throne: You can now turn off the throne entirely, and the ball will return to the upper playfield instead. Brilliant!

1 week later
#1532 3 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Anything you can do to slow the ball down will help it stick the landing in the throne. Lots of ways to do this, but I agree that a factory solution would have been nice.

Yup, I added 3 small rubber speed bumps to the wireform a couple weeks ago, and haven't had a throne fall out since.

#1533 3 months ago

What strategies are you guys using with the new code? I made my first Iron Throne tonight with Stark. I used Direwolf on Baratheon and Targaryen 2 and 3. I used castle completions on Lannister and Tyrell. Completed the rest the old fashioned way. Almost completed Iron Throne, capturing 6 of 7 castles! Finished at 5.7 billion, with 2 billion from Iron Throne.

I've been playing Targaryen a bunch too, mainly because I am afraid of dragons.
IMG_20190810_191244 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1562 81 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Rubber speed bumps did the trick for me.

Yes, me too. I added 3 small speed bumps and have had only one fall out since. There is also a setting now to turn off the throne altogether if needed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
Machine - For Sale
Union City, CA
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlatko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside