gt2 (resized).JPG
gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1088 HOTK strategies. Posted by Eskaybee (6 years ago)

Post #1479 Code 1.36 Release Notes Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dewey68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#680 7 years ago

My VUK now won't shoot the ball to the habitrail for the iron throne now. It fires repeatedly and will finally make it after the 10th try or so but the mystery is timed out by then. Looks like I'll be doing some tweaking Monday. Guess I'll be tweaking the diverter gate then.

#683 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Have you added washers under the screw heads for the VUK screws? The screws are just a tad too long and can interfere with the ball. This might be an easy thing to check.

I'm the second owner. I don't know what the previous owner did, but he said he didn't have any orbit issues so I'm guessing nothing since the orbit shots don't work correctly. I'll take it apart this weekend and see what it looks like back there.

#690 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Your problem is the angle of the chute. Try tightening the bolts that secure the chute to the backboard. If that makes it worse, try loosening them.

It turns out I had the coil pulse strength set to high. I turned it to normal and it's working fine now. I set it to high when it was taking two tries to get the ball off the iron throne, and thought I had it set back to normal. It must have been rattling around in the chute.

Edit: Nope. I got one good launch out of it and then it's acting up again.

#704 7 years ago

The LE's/premiums don't have a skill shot, correct? There really isn't any reason to use the plunger that I can see.

#710 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Have you added washers under the screw heads for the VUK screws? The screws are just a tad too long and can interfere with the ball. This might be an easy thing to check.

I just went through taking the upper playfield and the "elevator"off. I did add some washers to the gate solenoid, but after I was done I thought about it. There is no way for a ball to hit those screws if they are sticking in the chute. They are close to the corners to where a ball would hit the side of the chute before it would hit a screw. I adjusted the diverter so that it fit tighter against the rail. I adjusted one of my upper playfield targets, but the leaf switch didn't have enough gap so I ended up taking it back off and adjusting it again. I'm getting pretty good at taking off the playfield now.

I'm wondering if the gate is not retracting fully on the mystery shot. Whatever it is it's bullshit that it's happening.

#715 7 years ago

I tried adjusting the elevator and nothing was working. I thought I had found a fix by bending the small ramp from the diverter to the VUK down a little bit. Right after that it shot the ball out 5-6 times consistently. Got it all back together and it's still having trouble. I'm wondering if it's not software related.

I'm going to call Stern tomorrow and see what they have to say.

#716 7 years ago

Spoke with Chaz at Stern. He said they have had a few VUK's where the roll pin has worked loose and caused issues. That will be the first thing I check, but I'm betting that's not an issue since it will fire correctly at times. I'm going to do a factory reset tonight (I installed factory settings, not a factory reset), and if that doesn't work I'm going to swap node boards to see if the board is having issues that drives the VUK. I'll let you know what I come up with. Next step will be swapping the coil with another one of the same specifications.

#719 7 years ago

It's working now, working a little too well at times. Reset the pin to factory, swapped the node boards, but what got it working was adjusting the ramp to the VUK. I took it all off to take a look at it, nothing looked out of place. Put it back in, and bent the ramp up a bit. Popping like a champ now. I had to adjust the switch and bend it up a bit to get it to consistently register when a ball was in place. Now it's popping so well that it has bounced out of the throne a couple of times. May have to add a speed bump to the habitrail.

#722 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Or, pad/dampen the landing zone on the throne. Capguntrooper had sent out nicely cut sticky-back pads to apply to the base of the throne where the ball lands. I've only had 1 or 2 unexpected bounce outs in several hundred plays.
Might be worth asking if he has more of these available, else maybe you can make something similar yourself.

Ahhhh...I have some sheets of sticky backed black foam somewhere around here. A doughnut of that would work. Thanks for the suggestion.

#724 7 years ago

Where is the setting that makes left orbits go into the pops? I'm on 1.29. I went through all of the standard and GOT adjustments and couldn't find it.

#726 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Feature adj 6. Set disable left orbits to NO.

D'oh! I'm on v. 1.26!

#730 7 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Possible silly question for you experts. Sometimes two "flipper selectable" playfield lights can light up above the bumpers / throne area. They seem kind of like the old style "skill shot" thingies from the Bally/Williams days. Since there are no "lanes" that I can see up there, what function/targets do these serve, i.e., what are you trying to "hit" up there that can be "selected" with the flippers?

I'm no expert, but there are two inserts that say "Castle" and "Black". Lighting them both increases the bonus multiplier by 1.

1 week later
#733 7 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Are you talking about the ramp from the VUK to the throne? If so, how did you adjust it? I am having the exact same issue and I have tried just about everything I have read.

Yes, the little ramp from the diverter to the VUK. I ended up bending mine up a little bit. Maybe 1/8 to 1/4"? I suspect it wasn't allowing it to sit flush on the VUK. Give it a try, hope it works for you.

#735 7 years ago

Yeah, we're talking about two different diverters. I'm talking about the one that is behind the pop bumpers. There's s little ramp that goes down to the VUK. Try bending it up a little.

#737 7 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Thanks! I'll definitely try that. Do you have to remove the upper playfield first?

No, you can easily get to it if you pull the playfield all the way up and remove the VUK assembly. If I remember correctly, it's maybe 4 screws and one nut to get the VUK assembly loose, very easy job. The ramp is held on by two screws, but you can push up on it at that point without loosening the screws. You could also try loosening the two screws to move the ramp around a bit, but I think that bending it up fixed my issue.

1 week later
#739 7 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Dewey - when you said you adjusted that ramp with the two screws up, were you talking about pushing up towards the playfield?

Correct. I bent mine up 1/8-1/4" and then had to bend the switch arm up about the same for it to register. I hope you get it working, it sucks when you sit there watching the ball repeatedly not make the throne ramp and then time out.

2 weeks later
#751 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

So im having a small issue with my new LE. When the ball is trying to get up into the upper not so mini PF, it takes between 4-8 tries before it makes it. Usually goes into ball search because it takes so long. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make the proper adjustments?
Thanks

Mine would make the playfield, but struggled with the shot to the throne habitrail. See post #719 above.

1 week later
#756 7 years ago

Glad you got it fixed!

They must have had enough complaints to make a change. Interesting, when I called them a month ago to see if they had heard of issues with the VUK making it to the throne habitrail they said they hadn't. I called back to tell them that bending my "chute" up fixed my issue.

#761 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Last night, in 1 game, I got Blackwater Multiball, Wall Multiball, Castle Multiball, WIC Multiball, and Hodor Multiball...and I did not complete any houses either.

Hodor multiball? Please tell me that's like "D'oh" frenzy in TSPP!

#764 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This is a great game. I really have no idea why more people in the community haven't taken a liking to it yet.

It's complicated, fast, and unforgiving. We've played it in league and it's just not intuitive enough to know what to shoot for. It's got a rather sharp learning curve.

1 week later
#779 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll give them a try and report back.

I just had mine apart, looking for one of the sling flashers that fell out and got launched by a ball before I realized what happened (don't get me started). I bent my habitrail down so that it was closer to the throne. Less of a drop for the ball. Seems to have helped, but until I get a few more games in I won't know for sure.

For full disclosure I already told Gweempose that I have some black adhesive backed "craft" foam stuck on the front of the throne to help dampen the force from when it drops.

#801 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I had my left flipper freeze on me yesterday during Winter Has Come. It totally freaked me out. I thought my game was broken. It wasn't until I read the rulesheet today that I realized this is part of the software. Very cool.

Can you link to this rulesheet?

#803 7 years ago

Thank you sir! I think I've only gotten to Winter Has Come maybe twice and I didn't notice the freezing flipper, but I do notice that during multiball occasionally I'll have a flipper die if it gets hit with more than one ball at the same time when I'm initiating a flip. Is this a SAM thing, or an adjustment that needs to be done? I've never seen this before on any other pin.

And to add to the informal poll, I can backhand the right ramp from my right flipper easily.

#825 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's the switches/code. Sometimes I think the ball comes up there so fast the game has to catch up on what has happened.

I haven't noticed what gweempose has seen, but I think you are absolutely correct. I notice many times when balls are already locked and you shoot the left ramp that the game hesitates before releasing a ball. If they had a switch further up the trail like LOTR does this would probably help. The whole game seems slow at times. Progressing towards wall multiball animation shows up 5 seconds after the shot. I wonder if this is a limitation of the Spike system or just programming?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dewey68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club?tu=dewey68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.