gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1088 HOTK strategies. Posted by Eskaybee (6 years ago)

Post #1479 Code 1.36 Release Notes Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

280 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 1 of 2.
#74 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Was actually wondering that myself. Several times I completed houses but they didn't solidly light up. I'm wondering if it's sort of like Tron, where if you don't make ALL the shots, it doesn't actually fully complete it (solidly lit).

The upper playfield doesn't help you complete the mode. I think it only helps you advance the modes score. You still have to complete the mode either the lower PF shots I believe. I think if you do the Upper playfield shots during the mode, and collect the house, that's a separate side quest if you will.

Full disclosure I've played 10 games on a LE.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I know on the upper play field that you can add extra time to the mode. I was unaware of a "side mission" up there.
I really hope Stern releases a youtube video on the rules.

You're definitely right. Was paying more attention to the dmd and it was adding time for sure from hitting the upper playfield stuff while in a mode.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Swords are available after completing a house, so probably one for each. The swords unlock the next level of Playfield multiplier, so it maybe only 5
I don't really know. But I've seen the sword values range between 700 thou to 23 mill points.

Collecting two swords gets you to max multipliers on default settings. Swords light after completing a house so you can collect 7. I'm sure on the harder settings it takes more swords collections to increase the multipliers.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Also - the Lollipop side rails - also available at Pinball Life.

Just bought these. $60 bucks. pretty cheap, and they blend in great.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Next up - For Premium owners:
Anyone replace the stock BLACK rubbers with something else? I'm thinking WHITE might be a good fit, maybe translucent? BLUE might be too much.
Suggestions or picture would be appreciated!

Example of blue and green throughout.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/30#post-2981985

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Chuck, do you recall if these rails came with screws?

No screws needed. Just use the stock hardware. Easy install. Had to lay down the head to get to the back screws, but that's about it.

#117 8 years ago

I'm not a great player by any means, but I'll chime in.

I mostly go off muscle memory. But for the harder shots I memorize where on the flipper the ball needs to be to complete the shot.

Do you play golf? One of the hardest things about golf is keeping your head down. Even when you think you're doing it, you're not.

Same goes for pinball. Memorize the spot on the flipper that the ball needs to be on to make he shot and don't look up until after you flip. If you look up while or just before you flip, that changes the timing just enough to miss a lot of times.

Also I think you can just get the yips (another golf term) in pinball too. It basically means you start bricking shots for no real reason, and you have to just work through it and get your confidence back.

1 week later
#149 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Too easy. If you can't take out your wire strippers, crimp tool and zip ties, what fun is that?

haha. Good point. I have enjoyed seeing the few different ways people have used the tourney button area though. Tons of creative people on here.

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I don't have any other pins with drop target banks like the Lord of Light 3 target bank on GoT... I'm guessing this is normal but when the solenoid fires to reset the bank, if the ball is anywhere remotely close the force of the solenoid is strong enough to really affect the ball or have it take a small bounce. Since I don't have anything for comparison, just thought I'd see if anyone else's does this and might need adjusting ...

If you're running new code, every time you complete the bank, there should be a delay to let the ball clear the area before it resets. You might get the ball whacked by the bank once in a blue moon when it resets like this, but I want to say it has happened like twice in over 300 games on mine.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Yup, on the new code and I haven't had the bank hit the ball, it's more of the vibration resonating to the table that causes it.

Oh I see. Haven't noticed but that bank reset is strong. I'll be looking for it now, so I bet I have the same thing.

4 weeks later
#222 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

That's it...
I'm cutting the wires to those magnets right now !

Awesome. You got the laserrific topper. That thing is badass.

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I did sit through all 32 minutes of Elwyn's 18billion point game or whatever he ended with. Unreal.....he must have had the playfieldscoring multiplyer pretty high as we was getting massive points for Blackwater MB super jackpots.
That's how I hit the 550 was a bunch of those super jackpots but I didn't have the multiplyer going I guess

Remember that you cannot get higher than 3x multipliers (playfield or combo), to start out. You have to unlock them by completing modes and then collecting a sword at the right ramp. Once you've collected two swords, all multipliers are unlocked. I suggested completing a couple houses before going into multiball.

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

From what Ive read, last few games I started Martell then went to GreyJoy and concentrated on completing the upper play field......I was unsure how I would like this game as deep strategy coded games are less desirable in general to me than games like IM and TRON, even though Metallica code is a bit deeper I don't think its complex.....anyway, yeah, lets smoke some and enjoy the lightshow!
» YouTube video

Haha. I'm down. Good thing about this one is there is all kinds of cool little tasks that you can go for. Hell I just got done playing a game where I just hit the spinner for days to see how high I could get the value up. Haha

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hells yeah! First trip to Hand of the King, kinda tanked it but whatever, I crushed my 8 year old, she was super happy watching me demolish her.
In your face smooshie!

Funny. My 9 year old gets a kick out of getting destroyed too.

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Seems childish compared to Elwins score..

You seem childish to Elwin's score.

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

If that's the case, what does collecting additional swords do?

Nothing outside of collecting their point value. If you increase the difficulty of increasing the multipliers in the settings, then collecting more swords come into play.

#305 8 years ago

Flank and labnip. Did you hillbillies play midnight madness? If not do it now. It's awesome.

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Ok ok ok...
So it seems like it's about bashing the ram a butt load of times to increase the multipliers, then when in multiball short for the super jackpot a ton (which I think was the ram?).
Finally got my initials on the game just now
image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Yep. Super jackpot at the ram. It's lit after you hit all jackpots during Blackwater MB. Hit the hell out of it as its on a timer. If the timer runs out, all the jackpot shots light again and you have to hit them 2 times each to relight the SJP.

#340 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Yeah brass!!!

image_(resized).jpeg

Gold mirror blades too? Nice!

2 weeks later
#353 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

OK I'm in. Have no idea what the hell I'm doing yet but I'm in.

Misc_001_(resized).jpgMisc_004_(resized).jpg

That's a badass trio right there!

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

She likes it, only problem is she can't see the upper PF!!

image_(resized).jpeg

Get one of those title stools. That's what my girl used until she sprouted up.

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Of course, but she is a ""big girl" now. Ha! She is actually better than her 3 older siblings.

Oh yeah I hear you on that one haha.

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Thanks 85vett, good summary. I'll plan to spend some time tweaking the area near the VUK to make the orbits clean. One thing I noticed at the Texas Pinball Festival was that the quality of the art is better on the LE than on the Pro. I was kind of shocked, to be honest. It was like Stern intentionally degraded the art on the Pro - or maybe cleaned it up for the LE?

For the cabinet or the playfield? I think the playfield is pretty much the same, but the LE cabinet and BG is all hand drawn while the Pro is photoshop cut and paste stuff.

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

When Pinside went ballistic and whined and moaned about the artwork, Stern changed the gray gradient background in the center of the PF to a chain mail design with more detail. If you look at the photos on Stern.com, the LE photos (and flyer) still have the original design. My theory is that it was too late to change pro playfields, but LE wasn't printed yet.

Yep. But other than that, I think they're identical.

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is this their fix?
I'm guessing I'm one of the few where the orbit shot works perfectly.

I'm sure they couldn't come up with one that they felt could be Implemented easily enough. Shrug

Good thing for Prem/LE owners is that there are already multiple fixes out there. One of them (mark's), seems extremely simple and easy to do.

#435 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Anyone know of any Easter eggs besides the credits one? Haven't figured out the code for Dead Flip yet...

Try ERW.

And CCC

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'll have to try those! I have tried all these with no luck: stark,snow,sno,jon,kme,doho,ssr,jd,df.

I think it's only 3 digit codes. Could be wrong though. MOO doesn't work either.

#439 7 years ago

Pretty sure that one works.

#448 7 years ago

Another one: Sometimes when the ball drains, it will say "Swords are Lit" on the DMD with the sound effect.

Did this happen when you were playing Martell mode and you finished the orbit shots but drained while trying to hit either ramp? I think that may cause the swords are lit animation as you complete the mode by doing the required orbit shots only. the ramp shots are just additional points to be had. Just a thought.

2 weeks later
#545 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I much prefer the LE cabinet and playfield art. I hate the translite on all of them. Does anyone have the alternate translites that are on Ebay? Just wondering if anyone has seen the print quality. It look slike I'm too late to the party on the hand drawn one some people have.

This is the only good one I've seen on eBay. Someone around here as it and it also looks good lit up in the game.

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I never did get a chance on GB - one guy was totally hogging the machine

Isn't that what the quarters on the glass are for? Man, I'd kill to have a location pinball scene like that near me.

#559 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I like going for Winter Has Come, but it is rarely worth much, typically 20-50M. My best WHC is around 250M.

You can get way more out of it if you stack it with battle for the wall. I think the WHC champion score on mine is 900 million or so doing it that way.

#564 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

How do you do that? (I know it's probably painfully obvious, but in the fury of the game all I can do is focus on keeping the ball alive.)

Actually is it not obvious at all, and is one of the more rewarding things to pull off in the game. So, to start WHC, you must complete 4 WIC hurry ups. What you want to do is have Battle for the Wall lit and ready to go, then get your 4th WIC hurry up started. While your hurry up is flashing, start battle for the wall. Then after battle for the wall starts, hit your flashing hurry up to start WHC as well. Enjoy an insanely long ball save and if your Martell, you can milk this stack for close to 2 billion points fairly easily if you're comboing shots.

#565 7 years ago

Also, I'm of the camp that will complete at least one mode before starting multiball, preferably two. Then I have all multipliers unlocked for multiball, and you can really blow it up. And of course if you bring two more houses into multiball and do well, boom, you're at HOTK right after your first multiball.

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I do this too as well. Sometimes it's hard to not press the "add a ball" when in BWMB and HOTK will be ready when my BWMB is over. I wasted many add a balls this way.

Or just don't start HOTK and work on other stuff that doesn't involve hitting the center ramp, and wait to start HOTK on your next ball, add a ball in hand.

#574 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Once you qualify a house so it's lit to battle, that house shot lights in the WIC color. Hit that shot 3 times to start the hurry up.

This is true if you only have one house battle ready. If you have multiple house battles ready, shots to any of those "iced over" house shots during single ball play will decrease that WIC countdown. Then whichever iced over shot you hit to take the counter from 1 to 0, that shot will be your hurry up.

So, you could have Lannister and greyjoy ready for house battle. Then you could hit the greyjoy shot twice, reducing the WIC countdown to 1. Then hit the Lannister shot, and that shot will be your hurry up shot. Also obviously if you were to hit the greyjoy shot one more time instead of Lannister, that will be your hurry up shot.

The countdown freezes if you are in anything other than regular single ball play. So if you're one shot away from a hurry up and start multiball or a mode or whatever, that countdown will still be at 1 when you're back to regular single ball play.

When you have completed a hurry up, that shot will turn your houses color.

#580 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Here is a tip that is probably obvious now to those that have the rules down but I didn't learn until I screwed myself once. Don't start Tyrel until you are ready to start a MB. 3 of the shots are lock target shots so you can't avoid lighting a lock while in that mode like you can other modes.

Tyrell is a mode I do frequently before multiball. If you don't want to lock balls during it, hit the right ramp three times between shots to the lock targets.

#587 7 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

The only thing to note is that if you complete 4 WIC hurry-ups, and thus play Winter Has Come, you *cannot* light any more WIC hurryups until you beat Iron Throne. The shots that correspond to modes that you did play, but WIC shots you did not collect, will turn the color of your house as if you *had* collected its WIC.
So, similarly to HOTK, you only get one shot at WHC until Iron Throne.

Correct. However, if you change the WHC settings harder, you can change it from 4 to 5,6, or even all 7 hurry ups I think. While that makes it harder to reach WHC, it could make the mode way more lucrative since the jackpots are based off the values of your WIC hurry ups collected to that point.

#607 7 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Not that I've done it, but I have a hunch you can even do it with Iron Throne for a "mega stack". I do know I've had a WIC hurryup counting down and could start Iron Throne while it counted down. It wasn't my fourth though.

Yep. You can definitely do this. However, I bet once you drain out, WHC won't continue to your next ball like IT does.

1 week later
#655 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Cliffy has one of those now cool. I thought only capguntrooper was making theses.

Same mod I think. Cap gave the design to Cliffy so they could sell them while he was away on service.

1 week later
#675 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

'The red viper, you don't get a name like that unless you're deadly, right?' ... Could be wrong

Right Except I think the first part is "Red Viper of dorn" right? I honestly had no clue what the last part was. Haha

2 weeks later
#701 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Thanks Nashua for the tip I looked up there but never thought there were any sling switches
I bended the leaf a little and now its OK!
BTW, do you happen to know what triggers the crow bird sounds?

It's the small switch right below the lock targets. Should have a small rubber ring around it. Right above the right outlane post.

#705 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

The LE's/premiums don't have a skill shot, correct? There really isn't any reason to use the plunger that I can see.

Correct no skill shot. However you always want to use the plunger so that you and short plunge and take advantsge of the the playfield not being validated and get free shots to the LOL targets and the lock targets.

#718 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Does any one else run into an issue where you light lock 2, you shoot and lock ball 2, you pass on shoot your fight, and then instead of kicking out a new ball the game releases the ball you just locked? From then on the game plays like you have two balls locked but only one is on the wire ramp/sword lock.

I have had this happen, but not this:

Quoted from Goalie:

With no 3rd lock light, If you shoot the ball that was released incorrectly from the sword lock, it just locks it as Lock 2 and then a new ball gets kicked out of the shooter lane.

#721 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

May have to add a speed bump to the habitrail.

This seems to be the easiest DIY fix.

#725 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Where is the setting that makes left orbits go into the pops? I'm on 1.29. I went through all of the standard and GOT adjustments and couldn't find it.

Feature adj 6. Set disable left orbits to NO.

#727 7 years ago

Haha. Then I'm not surprised you couldn't find it.

1 month later
#772 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Still new to the game, however
Tarygaryen +BWMB+sub+shaker= happy!
Does it get any better?

Baratheon + BWMB is pretty badass too.

#789 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What do you guys think about the shaker in this game? Does it add a lot to the overall experience? Also, any word on ColorDMD support?

Color DMD sigma works in it. No way it gets full color until at least a year from now.

Shaker is pretty sweet. Accents the game nicely. During dragon modes, multiballl, the house modes, etc. It's worth it for sure.

#793 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Can you guys backhand the right ramp from a cradle? I can't on my game. The best I can do is about 3/4 of the way up. I can backhand the left ramp, but the shot has to be absolutely perfect.

Do you have a pro or prem/LE? Much harder to backhand the right ramp on a prem but it should be doable.

#807 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

More evidence that suggests that the shot is supposed to be makeable. Given this fact, what is the best way to increase flipper strength? I can't imagine a game with less than 100 plays should require a flipper rebuild?

Try changing the coil strength in the settings. Not sure which setting it is. Also, wax the ramp each time you wax the rest of the game.

Is the ball traveling up the ramp and just not making it all the way?

#809 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I thought this setting affected all the coils BUT the flippers. Is this not the case?

Yes. If I hit it just right, I can get it about 3/4 of the way up.

Good question on the coil strength. Not totally sure. I assumed it was all coils.

Maybe mess with your playfield pitch a bit and see if that helps.

#819 7 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

I need to try wailing on the ram before starting Blackwater! Thanks.

Remember too. You're limited to 3x Max unless you've collected at least one sword.

#824 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Why does the up-post sometimes stop the ball even when "LOCK" isn't lit? For example, if I am Battling Stark and I keep shooting the ball up the left ramp, the post will stop the ball every other shot. Why doesn't it allow the ball to come straight through every time?

It's the switches/code. Sometimes I think the ball comes up there so fast the game has to catch up on what has happened.

#827 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I haven't noticed what gweempose has seen, but I think you are absolutely correct. I notice many times when balls are already locked and you shoot the left ramp that the game hesitates before releasing a ball. If they had a switch further up the trail like LOTR does this would probably help. The whole game seems slow at times. Progressing towards wall multiball animation shows up 5 seconds after the shot. I wonder if this is a limitation of the Spike system or just programming?

I think it's definitely something Dwight Sullivan can fix in the code.

#831 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Can someone please explain to me how the combo multipliers work. To me, this is the most confusing aspect of the rules.

I will give it a go:

So all 5 major shots count towards multipliers (orbits, ramps, and kickback). When one of those shots is made, it should make all other shots count towards a multiplier (signified by the flashing red arrows above each shield). All those flashing shots are now worth 2x instead of 1x. After hitting one of those shots, all other flashing shots are now worth 3x. Remember that this is your cap until you have collected a sword. One sword unlocks 4x, 2 swords unlocks 5x.

If the flashing arrows go out before you hit one, it goes back down to 1x. If you have a PF multiplier running, that gets multiplied by the combo x amount.

The DMD will also show you all five major shots at the bottom and what they are currently multiplied by. It will show the total of PF multiplier times the current combo multiplier. 25x is the max. 5x combo multiplier times 5x playfield.

I think that is right.

#833 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks! So when you cash in your multipliers using the action button, it takes the value of each shot, multiplies them by the shot's combo multiplier, and adds them all together?

All the action does is cash in your iron back value and I believe takes it times any multiplied shot values you have. So if your shots are showing 25x, then you hit the action button, you cash in your iron bank and it's multiplied by 25.

But, that will also reset all multipliers back to 1x. Not advised unless you're draining. Always something more valuable to do (WIC hurry up, rip spinner, complete a mode quickly, cash in a mystery award, etc)

#835 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So if it never a good idea to cash in your iron bank until the end of the ball, why is it even offered as an option? Wouldn't it make more sense to just give you your iron bank value automatically as part of the end of the ball bonus?

That's one of the things I have asked dwight to change. Have it give extra powers to each house, not just Martell. Or rework it to make someone want to cash in that iron bank at during a ball.

#839 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

One flipper freezes. If you make shots they don't freeze. You can unfreeze the flipper by making the shot that is lit.

You also get a short ball save once the flipper gets frozen.

#841 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Anyway, I just played my best ever, 7.5 billion and Iron Throne played. what a blast! GOT kicks ass!!!
My strategy is still House Martell. Each time I select another I never come far in the game. Next challenge would be to start with House of Greyjoy. This must be the way to the ultimate game, or am I wrong?

You are absolutely right. Greyjoy is the way to monster scores and also the hardest route to IT

#844 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

The only really stupid thing about getting to the Iron Throne with Greyjoy is you don't get the add-a-ball like with Martell. That potentially makes Iron Throne last twice as long which can be incredibly valuable.

That shouldn't be. You have the Martell power so you get one add a ball per ball. Maybe you used yours before you made it to IT?

Also. Stark and Tyrell are also very good house's to pick. Monster scores can be had with each.

#847 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I keep clicking the GoT SW update page, expecting to see v1.34, but v1.29 persists.
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-game-of-thrones-premium
Common Dwight, finish it it up and let it go!

Why would the next code version be 1.34?

#850 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Wait what??? There is new code?

No. he was just saying he is refreshing the code page on stern hoping for new code. I was just curious why he chose version 1.34 as the next code number.

#854 7 years ago

If the game only receives 1 more code update, then I'd like it to come after the show is finished. I'm in no rush to get a finished game when the story isn't finished yet.
I'd be disappointed if there's not a code update after the show finishes. I'm expecting the show to have a couple plot twists that might influence modes in the finished game.

Prepare to be disappointed.

#861 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If you don't understand the idiosyncrasies of the code I can fully understand the code concerns. I was in that boat until I started trying to figure everything out and master it. After fully understanding what the game has to offer it really is impressive and allows for a lot of different ways to maximize your score. For instance (I hinted to it before in this thread), how many people know that at some point you can get half a billion (yes with a B not a M) per shot through a juiced spinner? Just did it last night from paying the spinner strategy with house tyrel. Normally I kill out at 300m a shot but I had a couple good MB's to help me build the spinner value. Getting my 4X and 5X going and the PF multipliers I was able to rack up a lot of points quickly.
As for Greyjoy. I could have sworn I used an add a ball in Iron Throne when playing it a couple days ago. I'll have to pay more attention and revert back if I can make it back there while playing as them.

Totally agree with this except the spinner value is only affected by the playfield multipliers and not the combo ones. The left orbit switch is affected by both, but the spinner is only affected by the playfield multipliers. Also getting 500 m per rip is amazing. I think my best rip was in the 350 million range.

#863 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How are you getting 500 million on the spinner?

Never seen 500 million, but 300 plus for sure. If you're running 5xplayfield and on level 4 spinner, I've been able to get 3-4 great rips on it for over 300 million a piece before the 5xtimer goes out.

Hard to really see how much you're getting if the ball goes into the pops cause the DMD cuts away from the spinner animation even though you're still getting points.

Here's a short video of the level 4 spinner at single value. You can see me get about 45 million on the second rip. With 5x playfield running that's 225 million.

#866 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Next question, how do you get to level 4 spinner? I've seen the animations for level 1, but never realized what I did to get it.
Just more depth to the code that I didn't realize was there. Well done Dwight, well done.

Drop targets. I think it even says it on the plastic above them. I believe maybe 9 sets gets you to level 4

#867 7 years ago

Also, when you drain you start back at level 1.

#869 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Post 3595 here is where I started the experiment. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/72
Basically, every drop of the LOL target increases your spinner value. It's further increased by a set number of bonus X multipliers. I got to that level by just focusing on drops during my MB's so I could keep building things.
Adding chart here for easy findings.

Good chart. Basically in simple terms. On ball one, each time you complete a set of drops the spinner becomes more valuable. The spinner level maxed out at 4, but if you keep comoleting sets of drops the value of the spinner keeps rising. Not sure if there is a cap.

Then on ball 2, you're back to level one spinner, but the value per spin is much higher than what it was on ball one level one. 17k per spin as opposed to 2k per spin.

#870 7 years ago

Glass off test pretty much confirmed that the spinner basically maxes out at 3.8 million a spin. Takes about 20 bank completions during one ball to get there. That's like 1.5 billion on a good rip with 5x playfield running. Haha.

1 month later
#899 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'd like to know exactly when a left orbit shot goes all the way around and when it is diverted to the pops. It seems random, but I'm sure there is some logic to the rules.

If the left orbit shot has a red combo arrow flashing on it it is supposed to loop all the way around.

If you're in Greyjoy, Baratheon, Martell (I think that's it) it will always loop around. Other than that, it should feed the pops.

#901 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks! That definitely helps.

Np. When I listed those houses I meant in their modes, not if you pick them as your house. Sorry.

1 month later
#921 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How do you light the sword insert?

It's lit at the start of the game if you pick house Greyjoy.

Other than that, it lights each time you complete a house's mode.

It also unlocks the next level of multipliers.

#923 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks! That's specifically why I wanted to know how to light it.

Yep. And that's one of the advantages of picking GJ. Get to collect a sword and unlock 4x multipliers right away.

#925 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I play all the houses for fun, but it seems to me that the only ones really worth playing if you're going for points are Greyjoy, Tyrell and Martell.

Stark can be but you have to really maximize your WIC hurry ups and your winter has come multiball. But yeah I agree on the other three houses you mentioned.

3 weeks later
#942 7 years ago

I thought I read it in the got kicks ass thread, but someone discovered a use for castle multiball. Use it to complete the drop targets as much as possible. Build the spinner value up as much a you can, and rip the snot outta the spinner. They said you could get up to 650mill for each rip through the spinner. Way more than any super jackpot shot.

This strat is not worth it at all for tournaments as it requires you to have a very long ball. Even if you do get it set up it takes a while, and you could brick and drain before you even get to hit the spinner once. I say just be aware that if you have a very long ball going and have 3x-5x playfield running, spam the spinner.

1 week later
#958 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...but once you fix them?...

Most of us are playing Prem and LEs on location too. That's hurting the value imo as none of them in the tri state area of oh in and KY have working orbits and most have rams that never register. Sucks. I know the game is better than what I'm experiencing so it's frustrating to keep playing them.

#962 7 years ago

Not a huge deal but the right ramp on the Prem/LE is very underwhelming. A lot more fun to hit that shot on a Pro.

#972 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

One of my friends just left. He was playing GOT LE for about an hour.
I was telling him how people in the pinball community haven't taken a liking to the game...he was just shocked.

These games destroy on route. I'm not surprised you friend liked it right away.

3 weeks later
#984 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

and if you play a Premium/LE game with a poor left orbit, it sucks.

Or right orbit or right ramp or throne that doesn't hold the ball. Ram in common issue on both so I left that off. Haha.

Had to change my whole approach on a LE in the KY SCS because the right orbit didn't go around, left orbit didn't go around, hard shots to right ramp rejected, backhands to right ramp were impossible. I'm stunned I got 700 million one game (and lost).

#992 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

1. I've had this happen on Pro and LE. I always assumed a bug but if you make your other shots to iced lanes it does that sometimes with houses you still are trying to complete.

Now I'm confused. Haha

The pro has never behaved incorrectly when dealing with WIC hurry ups and when they start. Not sure what SKB's issue was on a LE, but it sounds like he was just shooting shots and a hurry up started on one that wasn't even iced over? Or it was iced over and it was only the first or second time he had hit an iced over shot.

#996 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Pretty sure it's a bug either way since you should not be able to start a mode and WIC at the same time.

What specifically is happening to you? That's what I'm confused about. Sorry.

#999 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

As for pro, I've had WIC start right away only with targaryan when I have one Shot left to start WIC and one shot left to qualify targaryan.

That's because if the mystery or other stuff is lit at the pro dragon shot (where the game will hold the ball) you will get credit for two shots.

For instance. If mystery is lit, and you need two shot to qualify targaryean mode, shoot the dragon shot and the game will give you credit for two shots and light the mode.

Dwight might not mean for that to happen, but that's what is going on.

As far as that goofy behavior of the Martell shot and stark shot on the LE, I've never seen that on a pro.

1 week later
#1011 7 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Anyone know if there is an outlet to let Stern or Dwight know of bugs that need to be fixed? There is a big bug in the code where you lose your extra ball when it is lit at the same time as the Battle at the Wall Multi-ball. When you hit the right loop shot it starts the Multi-ball and NOT the extra ball though that was lit as well. I know I posted about this before, but come on! Fix this BUG!! I am sick of losing an extra ball! Seems like something Dwight could fix during a bathroom break! GOT code is good but needs a final polish!! Any other bugs that directly effect gameplay that anyone one else has experienced?
Dwight, if you read this. Please fix bug that negates extra ball when Battle at the Wall multiball is started.

At the top of any code readme there should be an email you can contact.

2 months later
#1054 6 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Request for troubleshooting help from fellow GOT PRE owners:
I found this little bracket thingamabob floating in the right flipper lane last night. Only reason I saw it was because it was keeping a ball from getting to the right flipper, LOL.
I'm not a techie, but I've looked over the entire playfield and nothing stands out as to a place where this might go. It looks like it might have gone around a post somewhere but I can't see any unprotected. I don't see a loose screw anywhere that might have held this in. Can any of you experts perhaps enlighten me what this piece is and where it might go?
The only clue that I might have (which may be completely irrelevant here) is that when I'm hitting a mystery shot the ball is bouncing out of the "throne" at least 50% of the time. Not sure whether there's any connection or not.
Thank you in advance!

That bracket goes on one of the spot light flashers and is there to hold the bulb in. Check them all and see which one is missing. Then reference another one that's installed for how to get that one back on. Not sure how that came off though.

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

when I'm hitting a mystery shot the ball is bouncing out of the "throne" at least 50% of the time. Not sure whether there's any connection or not.

This is a different issue I believe. Search this thread for tips on this as I believe there are multiple options for a fix.

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

You should do a YouTube video showing all the rules.

I might not have quite the rule knowledge of this game as SKB, but I'm definitely going to do a series of YT videos to showcase a walkthrough of this game. Keep in mind though, it will be a pro so won't quite be the same as premium LE code but I think it will be useful for all owners.

I plan to have it done by the end of the summer. Not quite satisfied with my camera setup yet.

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Thanks for all the info! Any advice on getting to HOTK? Which house to choose and when to start the battles?

If you just want to get to HOTK, pick Greyjoy. Then go after Martell house, Lannister house, and Tyrell or stark house. Only need to complete three house battles as the game spots you Greyjoy house.

#1097 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Ah so this is being discussed. I tried putting one in tonight. Powered up and access to the menu but nothing from the game. I assume the information from the node board is not communicating with the colordmd due to different format? Dmod
Lol now I have to change it back. I thought I saw someone had this up and running with gold colour selected.

Did you get the additional power board you have to buy from pinball life?

1 week later
#1102 6 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

My alt translite. I was tired of the floating heads, so I got rid of them. Picture makes the whites look washed out, but it's good in real life. I'm happy with it

Looks good. My only problem is that scene/theme has nothing to do with the dragons so that dragon is out of place.

2 months later
#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The ball comes out of the trough to hard and bounces up a little bit in the shooter lane triggering the switch like you just barely plunged it thereby selecting your house for hitting a switch. Easy fix.

Yep. And the easy fix is to adjust that switch so it isn't sensitive.

3 months later
#1162 6 years ago
Quoted from hainter:

Just picked up an LE. Trying to figure out all the issues and fixes but I think I got them mostly under control but one I can't figure out...The Right Orbit gets triggered when I launch the ball. Is this normal? Is there a setting I'm missing for this?

Not normal. I think another switch is registering which is qualifying the playfield before the ball hits that switch. Try and put the game into switch test and flip the flippers and pound your fist on various parts of the playfield and see what switches are registering. If nothing, make sure the shooter lane switch is working.

#1169 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Has anyone experienced this glitch my game of thrones keeps doing it after my winter is here multiball ends it still keeps playing the music from that multiball. For it to end I have to start a house a multiball or just lose my ball and the right music will play again.

I’ve seen this too. Not sure what causes it.

#1172 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's not much to go on, but I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that it's one of the two switches flanking the flippers on the upper playfield. I seem to recall them making a somewhat harsh sound when triggered. Check the switch gaps.

That’s it or the switch right below the lock targets.

If it’s a crow noise it’s the switch below the lock targets.

If it’s like swords clashing I think that’s the upper playfield “slings”

Putting the game into switch test is your best bet.

6 months later
#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Anyone have a problem with the upkicker kicking it up to third level to make it to the throne. Mine doesn’t make it up there. Just kicks it to the upper playfield so I can never choose my mystery award since I bought it in March. Also the machine makes a sword clanging sound over and over throughout play. What could be wrong? Any idea how to fix these things? Called Stern a couple of weeks ago and someone said they would get back to me but no word yet.

Sword clashing is a switch on the upper playfield. The sling shot. Put the game into switch test and shake the game around. It will tell you the switch that is registering. Adjust it so it’s no so sensitive.

1 week later
#1212 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Could be wrong but I thought mine came in the all the way open setting.

First runs were in the middle. Later runs were all the way open.

3 weeks later
#1214 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Question for the owners. Are they updating the software on these as the show continues to come out? Are there any additional features that have showed up since your acquisition, and if so, when?

No this is not happening. The game has not received any new features since around late 2015.

#1216 5 years ago

I’m not giving up until at least a year after the show concludes. We’ve seen other titles receive a final update years down the road, so there’s a chance.

Right but what significant additions were made to the games? AC/DC got the stuff to tunes and stuff, but TWD has no new modes or features that I can think of.

1 month later
#1225 5 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Hi All. Could someone confirm the "factory" outlane post position please? thx!

All the way open. First run pros were in the middle, but after that they were in the all the way open position.

#1227 5 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

thx. makes sense. I got over 2 billion on my third game with them closed. also turned off the "house completion" extra ball auto-factoring. loving the game!

One of sterns best imo.

1 week later
#1233 5 years ago

Yeah the true club for GOT is the kicks ass thread.

3 weeks later
#1238 5 years ago

This is way too busy and impossible to read. Are these for sale?

#1241 5 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I would be careful about selling anything with the HBO logo and Stern logo unless you have the rights. In the mean time I have these on mine and anyone is more than welcome to have them free of charge.
[quoted image][quoted image]

These are ten times better. Thanks for sharing.

#1256 5 years ago

Yeah those are great too. I’m sure the other guy will get it eventually if he keeps practicing. Haha

3 weeks later
#1278 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

I think I explained it, I design for the pleasure of designing. It is a funny entertaiment for me.
Luckydogg420, it is long time ago explained here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos#post-3998261
Hi capguntrooper!
Did you check information about pixel resolution I linked you? I will like to see more custom cards from you.
Best regards!

Please start a thread to show off your designs. Posts here and in other threads are becoming very annoying.

#1287 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

What is the best way to get my spinner to spin more freely. I can only get between 7500-10,000 a rip. At the most I seen one time it hit 13,000. I'll have to go back a look at chuckwurt walk-thru, but I believe he was ripping it at 30,000 plus. Sorry if you thought I was posting apron cards.

Riiiiiiiip!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/ounce-Zoom-spout-oiler-79704G/dp/B0029NHARC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1/131-2877163-6777351

Just a half of a drop on the arms of the spinner and blot with a rag for any excess.

#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It’s a minor point, but score cards should not waste space on information like “MANUFACTURER: STERN PINBALL INC”.
Good lord, I hope we get back to talking about the game here.

What would prem and le owners like to see if Dwight gets time to revisit this one?

Outside of updates to video for later season happenings. That ain’t gonna happen. Haha

#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Honestly, the rules feel pretty close to perfect to me. I only wish it was a little easier to get to WHC, which I rarely see.

I think if you specifically make WHC your goal it’s not so bad. But yeah, your typical game won’t see this Multiball usually.

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

I'd like to see a better version of the sword fight video mode, or just get rid of it entirely.

Already an option. You can turn it off in the settings.

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Expanding on another post. During BWMB, have the progression be: All green shots, SJP round, then all green shots twice, THEN upper playfield to hit all three stand-ups for double JPots, then hit u-turn loop for a SJP that is = all the SJP you collected at the Battering ram.

This is fantastic.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes to balancing the Houses. In comp I see about 90% players taking Martell and maybe 10% taking Tyrell. Except for Trent who usually takes Baratheon!

And me! Greyjoy or bust!!

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes to balancing the modes. Please make me want to take anything else into HOTK other than Lannister, Greyjoy, Stark, Tyrell.

Really players take Targaryen. Haha

#1316 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

A bigger boost to reward for completing Targaryen, maybe double pts in HotK?

That would be exciting and fun to go for.

#1321 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is it being discussed that this may be possible?

More than possible in my discussions, but we will see.

#1322 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The main thing I would like to see is some more animations from the last two seasons integrated.

But don’t count on anything like this. Haha

3 weeks later
#1329 5 years ago

Yep that or Titan. Just get both and see which one plays more to your liking. They bounce pretty differently.

1 month later
#1339 5 years ago

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-6557-GT
I like this one personally as it is from the show and has more significance as it is mentioned in the game and at half the cost. I mean the fish eye is nifty looking and if it was red would be perfect on a Lord of the Rings pin, but on a GOT?
[quoted image]

It’s a dragons eye I believe.

745924D4-509A-4577-B52B-E228B8DBB84C (resized).jpeg745924D4-509A-4577-B52B-E228B8DBB84C (resized).jpeg
#1343 5 years ago

Dammit! Had an awesome gif and I don’t know how to post it. Haha

BD46D178-922B-4157-853F-523B5ABDFD12 (resized).pngBD46D178-922B-4157-853F-523B5ABDFD12 (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 month later
#1355 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryBurton:

I was balancing the playfield after I realized I can't fully raise it and wasn't paying attention and this awesome piece of steel is what scratched it if you must know how I did it.
[quoted image]

Yep. Rookie mistake. Just sand down the side wall and repaint. And get higher ceilings. Haha

#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Any extra shooter rubber tips handy? Slide one on the metal piece, should prevent what happened for future playfield lifts.

That would disallow properly sliding of the playfield back into place I think.

2 weeks later
#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

when exactly does the left orbit open up on a normal game?
I finally got around to installing the capguntrooper fix (took a couple of hours of tinkering, had to remount the diverter arm) works great though.
I also re-enabled the left orbits on the feature menu.
It's seems kind of random when both controlled gates open though. Like during winter hurry up.
Figured it was a good time to put this game back on location .

If a flashing red combo arrow is lit on either orbit, shooting that orbit will send it all the way around. Modes like Greyjoy and Baratheon and Martell will send the left orbit all the way around too.

Winter is coming hurry up will too.

3 weeks later
#1388 4 years ago

Amazing!! Would love to shake both of their hands and thank them for the best fucking show ever made.

4 weeks later
#1393 4 years ago
Quoted from Epistaxis:

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I'm not going to read through that many pages. Why don't you guys include the pro in this club?

Since the games are so different, there’s a lot of stuff that pro owners don’t need in this thread. There is a TON about how to get these premiums and LEs dialed in that it helps keep that separate.

GOT kicks ass is the general GOT thread. This one is prem/le specific.

#1397 4 years ago

GOT question how do you increase the spinner value is from just shooting over and over or the Baratheon targets just wondering thanks.

Yes. About 14 sets will get it to level 4 which is basically max value. That is about 3.2 million per spin.

Once there, continued completions of the drops will increase the value, but by very small amounts.

All this resets when you drain too. Spinner is affected by the PF multiplier, but not the shot multiplier.

You’ll know the spinner value is way up there by a high pitched metal on metal audio sound effect too.

#1399 4 years ago

Thanks chuckwurt going to try the spinner strategy tonight when I get back home.

Do Martell and when in a MB do nothing but hit drops.

Also you can check the spinner level in the instant info.

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Would you ever consider owning a Premium/LE over a Pro? You sure have put a lot of time and analysis on the Pro.

For sure. If I could find a nice premium for under 6k and also sell my pro real fast, I’d be all over it.

3 weeks later
#1410 4 years ago

Yep. Can’t wait. Got real lucky on a trade partner. Had to jump on it. Kind of scared haha. Loved my pro so much. As I said in the other thread, I might need help dialing in the orbit, but my plan of attack is the drill method. Please let me know if that’s a bad idea. I won’t be tackling that until I’ve had it for a while though.

#1412 4 years ago

I’ll do update videos for the prem as soon as I can. It’s gonna take me a bit to get used it how they work. But it will be coming for sure.

#1414 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Dirt simple using a stepper drill bit. Literally a 5-10 minute job once you remove the assy. I am able to hit successive orbits (Left, Left, Left) - maybe not quite as smooth or as fast as the Pro orbits, but very satisfying.
Oh, and welcome to the dark side.

Sweet thanks! Got a link to the step bit you used? And I understand that we are drilling out the holes of the diverter bracket to allow us to move it back to open up that lane more?

#1419 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Was there an announcement that code was coming?

Not that I know of.

#1422 4 years ago

Who’s ready for new code?!? I sure as shit am. Haha

#1425 4 years ago

Well I guess the cat’s out it the bag. I hope everyone likes this.

This code makes the game an all time great in my opinion.

#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Just saw that Deadflip teaser on FB! Anybody have any advance knowledge of what was added? Amazing, wonderful surprise for a proud LE owner.

I don’t want to spoil anything, but it’s a massive update.

#1429 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Any clues on when new code will drop on Stern's website???

Should be shortly after or before the stream b

#1433 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Chuck, spoil a little something??!!

You won’t even recognize castle MB

#1441 4 years ago

I’ve been wanting to swap for a premium bad lately. This code update was just a coincidence.

#1444 4 years ago

I can only speak to what has happened in the past few weeks. Dwight sent the initial beta code then spent those three weeks changing and tweaking it to what you will see at release. I’m sure it was worked on a lot before they even sent the beta though. That timing I have no idea about.

#1452 4 years ago

Spinner Rules

There are now nine levels instead of
three.
- You can only increase the level of your spinner up to how many house modes you have completed plus one.
- When the spinner value is increased the value grows based on what level your spinner is at. Each level grows the spinner faster.
- Each ball the spinner starts a level one.
- Completing the three bank of targets bumps you to the next level.
- Each drop target hit increases the value of the spinner.
- Hitting the battering ram sometimes also increases the value of the spinner.

#1460 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Does anyone know if Hand of the King or Iron Throne rely on score earned during a house to set jackpot values?

No effect.

Quoted from atum:

Or is HotK just based on which houses you complete, not how well you did during them?

This is correct.

#1466 4 years ago

I wonder if the lock bar button changes color to match the power you’ve acquired.

Yes it does.

#1468 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Or is it 1k to get to 2x and an additional 1.5k to get to 3x (2.5k total)?

This.

#1470 4 years ago

Yeah Lannister is probably the hardest one to grasp. I just try to keep my eye on the button. It will only be red when you have enough gold to buy the next multiplier.

#1472 4 years ago

No scoring changes were made to any of the modes including the wizard modes.

However, the player that plays the modes out on their way to IT will have way higher scores than the one that doesn’t.

For example: Stark mode. Use the dire wolf and get exactly 5mm for that mode. Play it out for points and you can get hundreds of millions.

Baratheon mode. Dire wolf will get you exactly 5mm for the mode. Play it out and crazy scores are possible. There was an over 500mm collect on my stream from a player playing it out.

#1474 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I'm having a hard time remembering how many points are typically scored those two wizard modes.

HOTK can be 100mm, or billions. Usually closer to 100mm than billions. Especially if your skill level requires you to wish away modes to get there.

Iron Throne you can pretty much count on at least a billion with the add a balls it gives you.

These added advantages are most definitely to allow more novice players a shot at the wizard modes. Also they provide a quick path to HOTK for competitive players if they feel they can consistently blow it up.

Quoted from T-800:

I wonder how many times in a game a skilled player will be able to go through the game and go to those wizard modes and collect billions of points on each trip... Maybe you have a little insight on this being a beta tester?

Remember you can only wish away a mode once per ball. While this will help on your way to your first iron throne, you’re on your own the next trip through.

#1476 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Well, it'll be fun to work through all the different choices and see what pays off the most in the end!
Do you happen to know with Targaryen's house ability, if you hit the button right before the ball save timer is ending, will that be extended by another 15 seconds per the action button benefit (or is that only for traditional game features)? If so, I could see this as acting almost like add-a-ball and really being a big help in the multiballs.

Does not extend ball savers. It does freeze hurry up values though.

#1478 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

@chuckwurt When choosing a house do they have a callout for "Fire & Blood" upon selection? If not, please pass along to Dwight that it needs it if they can find a clip, even if its not by the Hound.

I can’t recall, but every house has their own callout for when you select it. I do not believe they are changing those.

#1479 4 years ago

LE/PREMIUM V1.36 - July 14th, 2019
==================================
New:
- Added a lamp effect when a playfield multiplier is lit.
- Added a lamp effect when a house is lit.
- Added flasher and sound effects to the sword lock eject sequence during
BLACKWATER MULTIBALL.
- Added Adjustment for new ACTION BUTTON ACTIONs. There are two choices:
EACH HOUSE SEPARATE - Each of the 6 houses you can choose to be have
something interesting they can do:
TARGARYEN - Freeze all timers for a few seconds
STARK - Once per ball kill one mode with a DIRE WOLF. Collect a
bonus.
MARTELL - Once per ball add-a-ball in Multiball
BARATHEON - Once per ball light both outlanes for Lord of Light for
a few seconds
TYRELL - Once per ball Iron Bank (now worth more)
LANNISTER - Spend 1000+ Gold to buy the next playfield multiplier
GREYJOY - None at start, The button ability of the last house
they have completed.
IRON BANK - The old Iron Bank rule but now with higher scores.
- Defaults to EACH HOUSE SEPARATE.
- You can only have one button ability at a time. If you steal one or buy
one your previous one is displaced.
- If set to EACH HOUSE SEPARATE the button will blink with the following new
colors. The button will be off when nothing is available:
GREEN
- Start a game
WHITE
- Choose your house
- Entering your Initials
- Launch the ball
RED
- Choose your battle
- Video mode attack
YELLOW
- Choose Items to purchase
ON SOLID
- All House abilities in the color of the house
- Stark, Martell, Baratheon, and Tyrell can only be used once per ball.
- If you have two houses stacked and you have the Stark button ability,
the house that is completed will be the top house in the selection pair.
If you don't remember which was the top house in the selection list, the
house that will be completed is the house on the left in the background
with two flags.
- Added 3 Button Abilities to Mystery. You can now buy the Baratheon,
Lannister, or Martell button abilities.
- Added Baratheon house ability. If you are Baratheon, or Greyjoy and you have
completed House Baratheon. The left 3-bank will advance you toward Wall
Multiball when it is completed.
- Added Adjustment to start the game from the action button. This will default
to YES. The Action Button will start a game by default.
- Added audits for LORD OF LIGHT.
- Added Choosing Targaryen as your house.
- Spots all of the Targaryen modes completed.
- Button ability is to freeze all timers for 20 seconds.
- Added Targaryen Champion in the attract mode
- Added sound, lamp, and speech effects to ARCHERS, CHARGE, BREACH
- Added House Mode completion when you collect the Castle Award. The mode will
immediately end and you will receive bonus points.
- Added an adjustment to force all players to the same house. The choices will
be PLAYERS CHOICE (default), TARGARYEN, STARK, BARATHEON, LANNISTER, GREYJOY,
TYRELL, MARTELL, and RANDOM. PLAYERS CHOICE (default) will allow all players
to choose separately, like normal.
- Added RANDOM as a choice when selecting your house. If you select RANDOM the
game will choose which house you will be randomly.
- Added a new Castle Corner rule:
- On the upper playfield, the first time the ball goes through the
right return lane, the top left corner will light for a few seconds.
- If you shoot the corner before the light times-out the game will spot
the next level you need on the path to CASTLE MULTIBALL. IE. ARCHERS,
CHARGE, BREECH.
- This is only available once per ball.
- Added a few speech calls from the show.

Tweaked:
- The display effect for increasing the playfield multiplier
now indicates the new level (2X, 3X, etc.)
- Improved the reliability of the sword lockup device.
- Increased the values of Iron Bank. It's now very worth it if your playfield
multiplier is > 2X.
- Increased all the gold that House Lannister receives (or Greyjoy after they
stole the Lannister abilities):
- Game Start - now 750, was 500, normal 100
- New gold Target - now 125, was 30, normal 15
- Old gold Target - now 15, was 5, normal 5
- Gold Targets Complete - now 750, was 450, normal 250
- Top Lanes Complete - now 225, was 35, normal 135
- Pict-O-Pops - now 750, was 300, normal 150
- Ball Lock - now 350, was 150, normal 75
- Completing House Lannister - now 500, was 0, normal 250
- Reduced the default volume from 33 to 20
- Moved turning Advance Play on, when the game is set to casual mode, to the
right flipper button. Now hold the right flipper button to enable ADVANCE
PLAY for three seconds. The Action button will no longer do this.
- Changed the scoring for the spinner. There are now nine levels instead of
three.
- You can only increase the level of your spinner up to how many house
modes you have completed plus one.
- When the spinner value is increased the value grows based on what
level your spinner is at. Each level grows the spinner faster.
- Each ball the spinner starts a level one.
- Completing the three bank of targets bumps you to the next level.
- Each drop target hit increases the value of the spinner.
- Hitting the battering ram sometimes also increases the value of the
spinner.
- Increased the ball save times for 3 multiballs: Iron Throne, Wall, and Hand
of the King.
- The full screen BARATHEON battle display was updated to indicate when the
left drop target final shots are available.
- Enhanced the display effect for lighting houses.
- Enhanced display effects during WINTER HAS COME MULTIBALL.
- Changed the timer for selecting which house mode to play. It will start at
three seconds. Each button press will add eight seconds. The timer will max
out at 20 seconds.
- Increased how many seconds are added back to the playfield multipliers when
you hit the battering ram.
- Increased the max number of seconds the playfield multipliers last before
timing out. Hitting the Battering Ram can now give more time than it starts
with.
- Changed the add-a-ball display effect from the Martell button ability to
read MARTELL - ADD A BALL instead of IRON BANK -> ADD A BALL.
- Greatly increased the score values of Castle Multiball
- Increased the score values of Castle Award
- Improved the choreography of Castle Multiball
- Removed the frenzy nature from Castle Multiball. The scoring on each sw was
too noisy and distracted from the main goals of the multiball.
- Increased the scores for Iron Throne.
- Increased the score for Baratheon House Mode and shorted the timer.
- Added a couple seconds to the House Greyjoy Timer.
- PICT-O-POPS will no longer award INCREASE WALL JACKPOT while WALL
MULTIBALL is running.
- Removed key lamps during large playfield engulfing lamp effects. You will be
able to see if shoot again is blinking during most of the large effects now.

Fixed:
- WINTER IS COMING was being advanced on shots when it
shouldn't have.
- During the second Targaryen dragon, sometimes the hurry up value
would get miscalculated, causing scores ending in nonzero values.
- A purchased SUPER JACKPOT wasn't being awarded correctly during
BLACKWATER MULTIBALL.
- Grace periods during BLACKWATER MULTIBALL were not always
handled correctly.
- Improved CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE's reliability. Also, only display the
instructions once per player.
- Fixed misspelling of "WILDFIRE" in PICTO-POPS.
- Removed AD_START_GAME_ON_CREDIT functionality from the game because it now
exists in the system.
- During HAND OF THE KING MULTIBALL (or when playing as TYRELL), rolling thru
a lit return lane no longer displays "+1 COMBO MULTIPLIERS" if it's already
at its maximum.
- Fixed INSTALL EXTRA EASY menu option. It should now install correctly.
- MYSTERY was sometimes offering LIGHT SWORDS when it was not available to
be lit.
- MYSTERY and PICT-O-POPS were sometimes awarding LIGHT EXTRA BALL and
SPECIAL when there were none available to award.
- Completing a mode could light EXTRA BALL when there were none available
to award.
- During BATTLE FOR THE WALL MULTIBALL, sometimes the ball saver would run
for an extended period of time.
- Sometimes the time allowed for CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE was not as long as it
should be.
- Video mode collision detect fixed.
- Fixed LORD OF LIGHT handling. The save effects and INSTANT INFO were
sometimes indicating LORD OF LIGHT was in effect when it wasn't.
- Fixed Bonus Held. It will now only give an extra bonus if on the last ball
and you do not have an extra ball.

Moved to SYSTEM 2.31 -
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.49.0

- Added Service Menu selection UTIL->ENDGAME. This selection is only
available when there is an active game. When selected the operator will
be prompted to confirm that they wish to end the current game. Once
confirmed and upon exiting the Service Menu, the game will be in attract
mode.

- Added Standard Adjustment "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME". Values are:
"NEVER", "FREE PLAY ONLY", and "ALWAYS". Default value is "NEVER".
During an active game, if the LEFT FLIPPER+START BUTTONs are held for
two seconds, the game will be ended.

- Added Standard Audit "TOTAL PLAYS ENDED", which will track the number of
times a game is ended via the Service Menu or FLIPPER+START BUTTONs.

- Added Standard Adjustment "CREDIT FORMAT". Values are:
"ACTUAL FRACTION" and "REDUCED FRACTION". Default value is "REDUCED
FRACTION".
For a USA coin door when inserting three quarters:
"REDUCED FRACTION" would display "1/4", "1/2", "3/4"
"ACTUAL FRACTION" would display "1/4", "2/4", "3/4"

- Updated Italian translation of "ENTER INITIALS" to "INSERISCI LE TUE
INIZIALI"

- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.

- Added Standard Adjustment #57 "PRICING FORMAT". Values are:
"STANDARD", "MINIMAL", "STD W/ MONETARY SYMBOL", and "MIN W/ MONETARY
SYMBOL".

"MINIMAL" will replace consecutive identical coin/credit increments
with "..".

"MONETARY SYMBOL" will add the leading or trail monetary symbol appropriate
for the currency is use. For CUSTOM PRICING this can be TOKEN, COIN,
SWIPE, or TAP.

USA 13 (as opposed to the current active GAME PRICING) is used to
demonstrate the effects of the different options in the Service Menu as
there is a difference between STANDARD and MINIMAL formatting. (and there
may not be in the current active pricing).

STANDARD - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/1.00 2/2.00 3/3.00
4/4.00 7/5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/0.50 2/1.00 4/1.50
6/2.00

MINIMAL - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/1.00 .. 7/5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/0.50 .. 4/1.50
6/2.00

STD W/ MONETARY SYMBOL - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/$1.00 2/$2.00
3/$3.00 4/$4.00 7/$5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/$0.50 2/$1.00
4/$1.50 6/$2.00

MIN W/ MONETARY SYMBOL - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/$1.00 .. 7/$5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/$0.50 .. 4/$1.50
6/$2.00

- Updated Custom Pricing Editor to display using Pricing Format. Use <BACK and
NEXT> to select the pricing and EDIT to change the Pricing Format. The
Pricing Format adjustment will also be updated upon EXIT.

- Updated TechAlert switch numbering to be consistent with the game manuals.

- Updated Custom Pricing Editor - Uses button navigation to select and edit
fields. Use <BACK and NEXT> to select the "CREDIT" or "AT:" field and
EDIT to change their value. RESET has the options of setting the
custom price to the FACTORY default or CURRENT pricing as a starting
point for creating the custom price. RESET can also CLEAR the custom price
to create one from scratch. Use EXIT to save and install the custom
price. Added support to specify money format descriptions for: country
monetary symbol ("$", "EUR", etc), "TOKEN", "COIN", and "SWIPE".

- Updated Custom Coin Door Editor - RESET has the options of setting the
custom coin door to the FACTORY default or CURRENT settings as a starting
point for creating the custom coin door. RESET can also CLEAR the custom
coin door to create one from scratch. Added error message when attempting
to EXIT when the custom coin door is not valid (UNITS PER PULSE is zero or
all coin switches have zero PULSES set).

- Updated Pricing Table:
- Updated Australia 5 from "1/$2.00, 2/$5.00, 5/$10.00 AU" to "1/$2.00 AU,
2/$3.00 AU"
- Removed Australia 7 "1/$2.00, 3/$4.00, 4/$5.00 AU"
- Removed Italy 1 "1/EUR 0.50"
- Removed Italy 2 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00"
- Added New Zealand 3 "1/$2 NZ, 2/$3 NZ"
- Updated Switzerland 2 from "1/1 SwF, 3/2 SwF, 5/3 SwF, 7/4 SwF, 9/5 SwF" to
"1/2 SwF, 2/4 SwF, 3/5 SwF"
- Removed Switzerland 3 "1/2 SwF, 3/5 SwF"
- Updated UK 1 from "3/1.00 GBP, 7/2.00 GBP" to "1/2.00 GBP"
- Updated UK 2 from "4/1.00 GBP" to "1/1.00 GBP"
- Removed UK 6 "3/2.00 GBP"
- Removed Portugal "1/EUR 0.50"
- Removed Germany 1 "1/EUR 0.50"
- Removed Germany 2 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 5/EUR 2.00"
- Removed Germany 3 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 6/EUR 2.00"
- Removed Euro 4 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 6/EUR 2.00"
- Removed Euro 5 "1/EUR 0.50, 3/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 1.50, 7/EUR 2.00"
- Removed Euro 6 "2/EUR 0.50"
- Renamed Euro 7 to Euro 4 "1/EUR 1.00, 2/EUR 2.00, 3/EUR 3.00, 5/EUR 4.00"
- Renamed Euro 8 to Euro 5 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00"
- Renamed Euro 9 to Euro 6 "1/EUR 1.00, 2/EUR 1.50, 3/EUR 2.00"
- Renamed Euro 10 to Euro 7 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00, 7/EUR 3.00"
- Renamed Euro 11 to Euro 8 "1/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 2.00"
- Renamed Euro 12 to Euro 9 "2/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 2.00, 6/EUR 3.00, 9/EUR 4.00"
- Removed USA 4 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 1, Right 1,
4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
- Removed USA 6 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 6, Right 1,
4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
- NOTE: USA 3 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 4, Right 1,
4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0" remains unchanged

- Updated Austria default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Belgium default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Finland default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated France default pricing to Euro 7
- Updated Germany default pricing to Euro 2 and Euro Coin Door
- Updated Greece default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Italy default pricing to Euro 5 and Euro Coin Door
- Updated Netherlands default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Portugal default pricing to Euro 1 and Euro Coin Door
- Updated Spain default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Switzerland default pricing to Switzerland 1

- Added UTIL->SAVE and UTIL->LOAD which save and restore all game settings
to/from a USB thumbdrive.
When restoring the settings to the SAME MACHINE, you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL SETTINGS"
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY HIGH SCORES"
"RESTORE ONLY AUDITS"

When using the saved settings with another machine of the SAME TITLE and
MODEL (for example settings file created on a DeadPool Pro and restoring
to a different DeadPool Pro)
you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"

When using the saved settings with another machine of a DIFFERENT TITLE or
MODEL (for example settings file created on a DeadPool Pro and restoring
to a Munsters Pro)
you can only choose to restore:

"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the Standard Adjustments listed below
and all Feature Adjustments.

"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the following Standard
Adjustments:
Custom Message
Custom Pricing
Custom Coin Door
"REPLAY TYPE"
"REPLAY PERCENTAGE"
"REPLAY AWARD"
"REPLAY LEVELS"
"REPLAY BOOST"
"SPECIAL LIMIT"
"SPECIAL AWARD"
"SPECIAL PERCENTAGE"
"FREE GAME LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL PERCENTAGE"
"GAME PRICING"
"MATCH AWARD"
"MATCH PERCENTAGE"
"BALLS PER GAME"
"TILT WARNINGS"
"TILT DEBOUNCE"
"CREDIT LIMIT"
"FREE PLAY"
"KNOCKER VOLUME"
"START GAME ON CREDIT"
"GAME RESTART"
"TIMED PLUNGER"
"FLIPPER BALL LAUNCH"
"COINDOOR BALL SAVER"
"COMPETITION MODE"
"CONSOLATION BALL"
"PLAYER COMPETITION"
"TEAM SCORES"
"ALLOW HIGH SCORES"
"HIGH SCORE AWARD"
"GRAND CHAMPION AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #1 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #2 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #3 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #4 AWARDS"
"HSTD INITIALS"
"HSTD RESET COUNT"
"COIN INPUT DELAY"
"LOST BALL RECOVERY"
"COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT"
"TIME FORMAT"
"PRICING FORMAT"
"FAST BOOT"
"LANGUAGE"
"PLAYER LANGUAGE SELECT"
"PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS"
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"SERVICE MENU B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"

Games will now persist ALL SETTINGS after a software update. This
functionality will be available in the game release AFTER the release which
uses system 2.24.

- Correct the delay between multiple Q24 knocker requests. Previously the
knocks would happen too rapidly and sound like a single loud knock. Now
there will be a 3/4 second delay between knocks. If the sound effect
knocker is also enabled, it will be synchronized with the Q24 knocker.
- Updated COIN DOOR EDITOR to display the selected settings and whether they
are the FACTORY default or CUSTOM configuration.

- Added Custom Coin Door Editor.
You can specify the UNITS PER PULSE for the base coin and the number of
PULSES generated by each coin switch (left, center, right, 4th, 5th,
6th). The UNITS have a range of 1 to 10000 and PULSES have a range of 0
to 100. For example the USA coin door has a UNIT of 25 and the left and
right slots generate 1 PULSE and the center slot (the DBV) generates four
PULSES. The coin mechanisms accept quarters and the DBV dollars.
Therefore, the UNIT is 25 (for 25 cents) and the left and right generate
1 PULSE for a single quarter and the center slot generates 4 PULSES for a
dollar bill being four quarters.
If Standard Adjustment "Game Pricing" is changed to a selection with
different UNITS PER PULSE than the active CUSTOM coin door, the custom
coin door will be reset to the factory default for that Game Pricing
selection.

- Added system adjustment for Spike 2 games when a headphone kit is installed:
"MUTE KNOCKER IF HP DETECTED" - will not play replay knocker sound when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not muted).
"DISABLE Q24 KNOCK IF HP DETECTED" - will not fire Q24 knocker coil when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not disabled).
- DIAG->NODE->BRD->Overcurrent Test now displays Drive/Coil and Light/LED
description instead of device address.

- Added LIFETIME count to Standard Audit #16 "Total Plays".
- Added JAPAN_3 Coinage 1/YEN 200.
- Added attract mode tutorial videos for inserting coins, pressing
start button, using ball plunger, and flipper buttons.
- Added UTIL->VOL adjustments for minimum and maximum master volume level and
minimum and maximum headphones volume level.
This will limit the selectable volume range from the service menu Plus and
Minus keys and the headphones rotary dial.
- Added support for 6th coin switch.

- Added UTIL->VOL adjustments speaker balance, backbox speaker type, and
cabinet speaker type for Spike 1 games.
- When entering UTIL->VOL, the first sub-menu adjustment is selected, previous
behavior would select the last displayed sub-menu adjustment.
- Added Standard Adjustment "START GAME ON CREDIT". Settings are:
- "OFF" - Do not automatically start a game or add a player when inserted
money registers a credit.
- "FIRST ONLY" - Automatically start a game when inserted money registers a
credit
- "ALL CREDITS" - Automatically start a game or add a player when inserted
money registers a credit
- Adding multiple credits simultaneously, via a bill acceptor, will only
start a one player game or add a single player.
- Default setting is "OFF"
- Removed unused obsolete Standard Adjustments: "FLASH LAMP POWER", "COIL
PULSE POWER", "BILL VALIDATOR", "TEAM SCORES", and "CONSOLATION BALL".
- Removed Standard Adjustments: "COIN DOOR BALL SAVE", "COIN DOOR DISABLE
TILT", "COIN DOOR OPEN NODE BUS POWER" from games which do not have a coin
door interlock switch.

- Added USA_13 Coinage 1/$1.00, 7/$5.00

- Added adjustment to scale GI, Insert, and Flasher LED brightness, range is
25% to 100%.
- Added adjustment to limit GI, Insert, and Flasher LED Max brightness, range
is 64 to 255.

- Added bass frequency filter selection options: 125Hz, 250Hz, and disabled.
- Added treble frequency filter selection options: 4kHz, 8kHz, and disabled.

- Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu
UTIL->VOL. Supported speaker types are "8 OHM" and "4 OHM".
The amplifier power curve is appropriately adjusted for the selected speaker
type.

- Extend TIMED PLUNGER adjustment range to DISABLED or 1 - 300 seconds
- Correct minimum firing time for flipper coil when an EOS switch is
inconsistent or poorly gapped

- Improved LED refresh rate and blink consistency.
- Improved reporting of shorted General Illumination bulbs and sockets.

- Added AD_TILT_DEBOUNCE adjustment. Number of ms to debounce tilt bob.
Minimum value of 750ms, maximum value of 1500ms, and default value of 1000ms

- Added adjustments for backbox speaker bass/treble, cabinet speaker
bass/treble, and cabinet/backbox speaker balance to service menu
UTIL->VOL. Speaker balance allows lowering the volume level of
cabinet speaker or backbox speakers vs. the other.

- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00

- Added audit for total number of one, two, three, and four players games
that have been played.
- Added Node Bus Communication test to diag menu
- Added adjustment for "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- Renamed "BACKBOX BRIGHTNESS" to "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"

- Updated Norway coin door to 1/5/10/20 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden coin door to 1/5/10/2 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Added Sweden 3 credit pricing 1 credit for 10 Kr by default

- At boot a LOCATING NODE BOARDS message will display if a required node
board is not discovered, previously it would incorrectly state UPDATING
NODE BOARD and UPDATE FAILED. The node board number(s) of missing boards
will be displayed and updated as boards are found.

- Added China currency and pricing support
- Added support for eWallet pseudo ticket dispenser device.

#1482 4 years ago
220AC03F-33FA-405C-A007-DDE390312104.gif220AC03F-33FA-405C-A007-DDE390312104.gif
#1488 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

4. chuckwurt There are quite a few bugs that made it into this version. What route to you recommend for getting this feedback to Dwight and Stern?

Quickest way would be to pm me and I can let Dwight know. But @apollyon tested the premium a bunch so I’d pm him to let Dwight know.

#1523 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m definitely going to save the old code. I like the new code as a player, but as a tournament director this “everyone gets a HOTK!” code makes me nervous.

Use the setting to make everyone play the same house then.

#1529 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Did I read code 1.37 correctly...we can turn off getting a castle to complete a mode?

Yes.

1 week later
#1535 4 years ago

I’m goin to dive into other strategies once i get sick of playing castle MB over and over. Haha. So much fun.

#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

In Castle MB, I like to...
- advance Castle MB progress up to the last insert (Castle MB)
- get 2X or 3X going on the lower playfield before starting Castle MB
- go to the upper playfield and shoot 2 Castle Loops to get 3X on the upper PF
--- the combination of 3X on the upper and 3X on the main = 9X
--- Start Castle MB and go for Supers on the upper PF - while keeping the PF Multipliers high
Remember that the upper PFX is multiplied by the main PFX - so 3X * 3X = 9X - and the max is 15X (3X * 5X)
- also you get the add-a-ball at the first Super, and if you have the Martell Action button you can get another Add-a-Ball when needed

Trying to do exactly this while playing as Greyjoy.

I just had a cool moment where I had the stark power still, I needed one more mode for HOTK. I started the final dragon on targaryens mode, as the ball came down from the lock, I hit the lock bar button to kill the mode the. Immediately shot the center ramp for HOTK. Badass!

#1541 4 years ago

It’s true what they say, “if you don’t use it, you lose it.”

2 weeks later
#1559 4 years ago

Rubber speed bumps did the trick for me.

4 weeks later
#1571 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I have been getting to know my new LE. I have noticed that one some plunges when popping the ball up to the upper playfield the VUK will take two or three attempts to make it. The iron throne/mystery so far seems to make it on the first try. I didn't notice a setting anywhere in the adjustments menu for this. The game is aboht 2 months out of box with very few plays. Any thoughts? Thanks

I believe it should auto adjust and get better over time. Let it go for a couple weeks and see if it improves after some more play.

1 week later
#1577 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

any thought if upgrading is worth it?

If the price is right do it.

1 week later
#1585 4 years ago

Certainly seems like a bug. Try to reproduce and let us know.

1 month later
#1590 4 years ago

No acknowledgement that you’ve beaten Iron Throne. You just go into victory laps if you’re still alive. If you drain at that point and it’s not ball 3, the game starts over from the beginning. You cannot choose a different house.

1 month later
4 weeks later
#1602 4 years ago

Welcome! I had a pro for 3 plus years and last year I sold it for a premium. This game will always be in my collection. Such a blast.

#1605 4 years ago

I haven’t seen any sorry.

#1607 4 years ago

Love the premium. I had my time with the pro and I’m glad I traded up. The castle playfield rules are great on the new code too.

#1614 4 years ago

Did you disable the castle drop target? That alone makes things easier said than done.

How do you go about trapping balls that come out of the sword lock?

#1617 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Superbands will do it or a post catch if you get real good at them.
My mini PF isn't nearly that easy, but I did put lightening flippers up there. I couldn't stand cosmetically how the flippers stuck out into the return lane so put them on there.
Atum - Adjust your slings. I 100% promise that will drastically increase the difficulty of your game. But it sounds like your strategy is just get there. When I play, I'm trying to get there but with a decent score at the same time so killing all the houses through the mini PF doesn't make sense.

He said his game is stock. Also if he’s post catching every time it comes out the lock, then I’d say he’s a pinball god. Haha

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Is the ball supposed to loop around both left and right orbit? Seems like mine does sometimes but also seems like there is a gate back there that sometimes redirects the ball to the pops.

If the left orbit is lit for a combo (red arrow) or during certain modes, the left orbit should go all the way around.

#1621 4 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Another question to anyone, how easy is the backhand from right flipper to right loop supposed to be?

Near impossible from a trap, pretty doable from an on the fly backhand.

#1624 4 years ago

With practice, you can get billions. Over ten billion isn’t unheard of.

Both orbits should go all the way around if lit for combo or during certain modes.

Best to dead bounce off a dragon shot.

Never hold up the flipper after you flip. It’s a bad habit. Always immediately release after you flip so you’re ready to flip again.

#1626 4 years ago

Then hold up the flipper and let it bounce off the tip. I do that on mine and it’s pretty safe.

#1630 4 years ago

Get used to cleaning this bad boy. That upper playfield puts dirt EVERYWHERE. I’m cleaning every 500 games or less. Ball trails almost immediately even with translucent rubbers.

#1633 4 years ago

Yeah. Definitely a dirty one. I was shocked too.

#1635 4 years ago

Sounds like it’s a stern call. Sorry.

#1640 4 years ago

Works for me. Go here and find 1.37 for the premium.

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

#1642 4 years ago

I see what you did there. Haha

#1654 4 years ago

Metallica is the definition of a wood chopping borefest to me. Haha. GOT is a whole different animal. So much to dissect. If you’ve had your fun with MET, I say go for it.

#1666 4 years ago

Good idea Chris!

I’ll try at lunch today.

#1669 4 years ago

I haven’t beaten your time yet Chris but here’s my strat:

Stark. Play stark mode right away and beat it normal.

Light Lannister. Start it. Kill with button.

Qualify two other modes and kill them with the upper playfield. If you drain ball one with the next two modes lit, kill them with buttons on the next two balls.

#1671 4 years ago

Yeah I had modes 3 and 4 qualified with about 1:40 on the clock and messed up trying to beat 2:40. It can be beat, but doing this strat it will be tough. I’d say 2:15 or so is doable with the stark strat.

#1677 4 years ago

Told ya it’s awesome.

#1682 4 years ago

The fastest time will be the person that can play stark straight up, start Lannister and kill with button.

Light two more modes and start them together and kill them both with one trip to the upper playfield then shoot center ramp once the ball drains from the upper playfield.

#1691 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Thanks! I don't have that type of drill bit, but I do have a dremel with some smaller bits. Do you think that would work?

I think anything that will let you make those holes bigger would be fine.

#1696 4 years ago

So I’m finally getting organized to make a video for the premium rules for GOT. Here’s what I plan to cover. Please let m elbow if I’m missing any other difference between pro and premium:

Upper playfield rules:
Right inlane to left loop castle collect
Castle collects the long way
Completing modes/extending mode timers
Castle MB rules

Dragon kick back only advancing wall Mb progress and mode shots

Right orbit is for mystery EB and starting wall MB.

How and when you can get to the upper playfield and how and when the drop target comes up in front of the right ramp.

Thanks!

#1698 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Erik, one I discovered by accident. During Blackwater MB, complete the upper playfield for a super jackpot!
Also, have you done a video covering all the new house button attributes?

That’s video two. Doing one on the code updates that apply to all games. Then one video on the premium/LE rules.

#1700 4 years ago

Don't forget the stacking MB's and Midnight madness cheat when setting pin time

What do you mean?

#1702 4 years ago

You could stack BW and WHC before the most recent update but they did nerf the never ending ball save bug which I’ll cover.

Yeah you can definitely change the games clock to start MM whenever.

Thanks

#1709 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyway you can have Dwight fix the accidental multiple lock issue?

Can you elaborate? I doubt any future updates will occur.

#1711 4 years ago

Got it. That was an issue in 1.36 and greatly reduced in 1.37. Not sure how often it still happens as I disable my sword for tournaments and leave it that way most of the time.

Make sure you’re on 1.37 first, then you might be SOL if you’re still having the issue on 1.37.

Thanks.

#1714 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Thanks. What does the sword disable do? No lock or multiball?

Turns the locks into virtual locks. The sword never holds balls, so not possible for it to release too many balls at once.

#1716 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

i guess that would work. but the sword holder is fun. i may live with the issue. maybe Dwight will read this?

He knows. But as some point you gotta mark a game done, warts and all.

#1721 4 years ago
Quoted from Knox_Amusement:

The game never had a problem with this before.

Mine did. Lots did. Might lend more to it being a mechanical issue with the switches in certain cases. That’s why it’s always disabled in tournaments so there no chance it will happen.

#1725 4 years ago

Per Dwight he definitely changed the timing. On 1.36 it was pretty sketchy then he improved the timing in 1.37. But I think that combined with peoples’ individual games it can cause more or less issues.

#1727 4 years ago

It’s official! Tomorrow I will update my Walk-Through series for code 1.37. Tomorrow at noon eastern it will cover all the changes made from 1.37. Please tune in to make sure I’m not missing anything!

Next weekend will be all the differences in the Premium/LE coding.

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

#1729 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Will a replay be available on YouTube?

Yes sir. SDTMpinball and my channel. Chuckwurt. I actually have a playlist on my channel that will have all the GOT walkthroughs in one spot.

1 week later
#1743 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Public Service Reminder: How long has it been since you removed your upper playfield?

Every 300 plays or so. Sucks how dirty it gets so quickly.

#1745 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I'm thinking of buying a GOT premium....how hard is it to remove the upper playfield for cleaning?

Couple connectors and 4-5 screws.

#1749 4 years ago

Definitely don’t need to take the throne wire form off. Pretty sure.

#1751 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

ok dumb question..i've had mine 3.5 years, so it definitely needs cleaned under the castle. how hard is it to take off that castle? i'm not technical or anything.
in the past, because of my limited tech skills, i've used a toothbrush with a old tshirt cloth on it, and a touch of mills wax- to stick in tunnels and hard to reach areas to clean. it works pretty well.

Look a couple posts up. He details it out very well.

#1754 4 years ago

Yeah it’s a bandaid imo. Gets the ball trails out of those sight lines, but we all know how filthy it is under the upper playfield. Haha

#1756 4 years ago

This is about as easy as it can get. I forgot about the four screws for the dragon. It’s literally two connectors and 8-10 screws. Pull off, but back on.

#1781 3 years ago

I think my boy WeirPinball did this first. Yeah dressing up the stock sword is best. I bought an aftermarket sword and it snapped in half after like 50 plays.

#1797 3 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Why GOT is so bad rated in the pinside rank ?

The artwork.

Walking dead barely edges out GOT for me.

Walking dead is a lot harder. So if you want more of a challenge go with TWD.

#1804 3 years ago

I wish the right orbit would always feed to the upper playfield during castle MB. should be more than one way to get up there since all the points are there.

#1807 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

See i always thought they go up there as long as they arent back to back and the vuk doesnt already have a ball in it.

Could be the case. I’ve just been trying to get them all up there during ball save as all autolaunched balls go up there.

#1811 3 years ago

Never seen that before. Make sure the gate moves freely and not binding.

#1816 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yeah, moves freely. I just played a game and happened again. I can free it with a good nudge but always results in a tilt warning.

Then the only difference between your game and mine is the ramp flap not being screwed down. Yours is way off too. It should line up good. Your upper playfield or ramp needs some adjusting I’d say.

2 weeks later
#1825 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

How is the combo x increased? Is it just hitting more combos in a row? It seems like sometimes a left ramp to left orbit is 2x and sometimes it’s 3x, at least at the start of a game. (Assume Tyrell isn’t picked)

Yes. When hitting a combo shot, all other combos (flashing red arrows) increase except for the one you just hit. Remember you’re limited to 3x until you collect some swords.

Are values of swords based on something or are they random?

Based on the sword you’re collecting. The sword you’re awarded is random though.

Is there any way to beef up the Baratheon collect more so it’s not just a meh 20-30 mil collect?

Shoot the spinner more. Max is 150mm. Then you can pump up playfield x too before the collect. So max value of the final shot is 750mm

During a mode on the upper pf, it seems like the only thing the castle corner multiplies is the castle collect value? Whenever it spots a mode shot with the drop lanes, it says 1x even with 2x or 3x running up there.

I don’t think your spotting mode shots up there. You’re simply working towards collecting a castle and completing the mode. So you get next to nothing until you collect the castle at the loop and complete the mode. But yes. The 2x and 3x playfield up there only applies to points you earn on the upper playfield times any playfield multipliers you have from the lower playfield.

#1827 3 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The Upper Playfield multiplier is great fun during multiballs - it multiplies the lower playfield value for big jackpots and super jackpots.
Example 5X lower * 3X upper = 15X!

I think that’s only for the upper playfield. You can collect a super JP up there though. I don’t think you can bash the battering ram for 15x.

#1829 3 years ago

Yep. Well I don’t think the upper playfield does anything in WHC or wall, hand of the king or IT, but i haven’t had the premium long to test it a lot.

I’ve just seen that the upper playfield is used in castle MB and BWMB.

#1831 3 years ago

Yeah that would be annoying to lose that way.

#1833 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

How many of you have turned off upper castle mode complete? I did that the second day I had mine...it would have made the modes too easy and play exactly the same. I still go up there to collect castles (though..is there an award for how many castles are collected similar to winter is coming collects?), and for most modes after collecting the castle the upper PF helps spot shots but it wouldn't be such a gimme.

I’ve kept mine stock. I’m not very good at the upper playfield. So I guess if you turn off the mode completion setting you’ll get to spot mode shots after collecting the castle. That would explain why I haven’t seen it.

#1836 3 years ago

Collecting castles boosts bonus big time. If you collect 4-5 of them on ball one and have good bonus x you could get half a billion in bonus or more on that ball.

#1838 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Can anyone confirm where the outlane posts are by default. My games has both at bottom, and it seems to easy.
Thanks!

When games first shipped the outlanes were wide open. Then they started shipping in the middle position in later runs. Never all the way closed though.

#1841 3 years ago

I got some massive scores in the first 20 or so games on the new code. Now I can’t sniff 3 bils. It’s weird.

#1843 3 years ago

I’m talking 1.37. I feel like I made IT 3 of the first 5 games and got close to 10 bills or more on all of them. I had been playing it consistently then though and only play a couple times a week now. That’s probably it.

Two ITs in one game would be nuts. Haha

1 week later
#1851 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

GI brightness and backbox is totally adjustable. What he is talking about is during some gameplay moments, the backbox GI is turned off, flashes, etc.

But if you turn the backbox brightness down to like 10% during gameplay, it’s shouldn’t be as distracting when those moments occur.

1 week later
#1855 3 years ago

That’s an insane HOTK. Well done! It’s honestly impressive that you made it to IT, had a 10bil HOTK, and ended with under 13 bil. Haha

#1858 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Is there a video tutorial out there with the newest code? All I can find is old stuff.

2 months later
#1863 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinpals:

I have noticed that the ball saver timer is relatively longer if you make a dragon shot off a soft plunge, which is a nice alternative to just going for the pop bumpers every time

It’s because you don’t start the ball save until you’ve hit that switch. When it’s in the pops it’s wasting the ball save time. Never plunge to the pops to take advantage of this.

#1865 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinpals:

Sorry I meant the drop targets not the pop bumpers, it seems like, compared to the other house shots, targaryen gives you more ball save time

Both immediately validate the playfield so whatever the ball save is set to, hitting the kickback or the drops should start that timer immediately. Nothing extends that or pauses it to my knowledge. If it is longer from hitting the kickback, could be a bug.

2 months later
#1869 3 years ago

Tomorrow night 7 pm eastern

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

Doing my final GOT tutorial on the premium/LE unique rules!

#1870 3 years ago

YouTube link for my premium tutorial! Enjoy!

#1873 3 years ago

Get used to it is all I’ll say. I have to tear mine apart every few hundred plays and clean it. That upper playfield makes the game so dirty so quick.

#1876 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

My Tron was like that. Once I ditched the stock rubber and the black disc it was fine. What about the upper playfield makes it dirty? Does the dust from the upper flipper mechs have a path to the lower playfield?

Yes. The flippers from the upper playfield spread dirt everywhere. The stock black rubbers were replaced on mine since day one.

#1880 3 years ago

Jesus. You might not ever get the green ramp looking clean again.

6 months later
#1915 2 years ago

No idea why they put a plate there.

3 weeks later
#1930 2 years ago

If it helps at all, they used to cost way more. Haha

#1932 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

It is a big bite in the a$$ and it certainly challenges the notion of Stern's "node board solutions" being simple and desirable. It reminds me of why I and many other pinheads I know prefer the Williams games for serviceability.

There’s plenty of times that Williams boards need replaced too and they are just as expensive if not more.

Sterns can be repaired, just takes a different skill set / tools that many don’t have.

3 months later
#1957 2 years ago

I have to do it every few hundred plays. Sucks.

#1959 2 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Question:
I hit the LoL-Targets down, but the LoL-Ball Save does not light up.
Is there an option in the menu to switch this off / on?
Thanks.

Yes.

1 month later
#1974 2 years ago

Bend the flap more until you get it nice and flat.

#1986 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I've reached the Iron Throne a couple of times. I believe I was close to completing it both times. It's a very long and tedious wizard mode. I'm getting ready to sell the game and I'm wondering if it's worth trying to shed my way through it again. Without spoiling it, is there anything amazing that happens after you complete the 7th house?

It’s hard to not spoil everything, but victory laps.

#1989 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I know I've progressed in modes with the upper playfield, but I was never sure how. I'll have to read through the rules again.
I've been picking Targaryen because I was finding it a pain to complete and the mode timer freeze was a nice bonus. I'll try a few games with Stark.

No need to pick targ. You can complete the first two waves of it pretty easily then use the upper playfield to complete the 3rd wave.

It’s easy. Hit the standups on the upper playfield three times then it the left loop up there.

#1999 2 years ago

The only way my premium leaves is for the LE. Haha

3 weeks later
#2008 2 years ago

Testing the waters. Thoughts on list price?

Didn’t catch the price?

#2010 2 years ago

Only way I’ll sell my premium is if I find an LE I can’t pass up. Hell nice premiums are probably 8k now. Haha.

Not ready to sell my premium to upgrade just yet.

Good luck!

1 week later
#2024 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Great info. Thanks! I wonder if it would be good to install some 1A inline fuses just to make sure.

Or just power everything with the service outlet.

#2026 2 years ago

8-9k at least in this market I’d say.

#2036 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Curious as a new owner of GOT premium. Is there a go-to guide for strategy?
And second, have most disabled the left orbit (Stern default)?

Lots of info here.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkfeetnClaXkEdfrfe1IVDMunDwD7p5Vk

#2038 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Hahaha That's your amazing 10 hour tutorial! I watched this over a few days, truly remarkable. Thanks for breaking everything down and posting it. I often go back for specifics.

No problem! I use it a lot too actually.

#2043 2 years ago

Doing the upper playfield to collect castle bonuses for beating houses up there can be massive. Remember. The playfield x up there is multiplied by the playfield x on the main playfield so 15x collects are possible up there. Free.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
280 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.