Topic Stats

• 1,596 posts
  • 181 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 370 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200109_170841 (resized).jpg
game-of-thrones-castle-walls-prem_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
20191012_125211_HDR (resized).jpg
FB192438-0E5F-4D65-B343-AC1B8D76ED55 (resized).jpeg
BFTW.PNG
Mammoth.gif
IMG_20190810_191244 (resized).jpg
20190721_205205 (resized).jpg
20190719_224354 (resized).jpg
27164C79-0709-41D9-9A62-D64684B58DB8 (resized).jpeg
220AC03F-33FA-405C-A007-DDE390312104.gif
20190625_212249 (resized).jpg
20190625_211606 (resized).jpg
IMG_3142 (resized).jpg
IMG_0604 (resized).jpg
20190508_161327 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1088 HOTK strategies. Posted by Eskaybee (2 years ago)

Post #1479 Code 1.36 Release Notes Posted by chuckwurt (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 3 years ago

I'm present and accounted for. And the best part of this thread? No Kaneda.

#31 3 years ago

Trent at Tilt Amusements is great. Great price, and he might have some LEs left.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from robbo105:

I'm getting airballs off the ramp with the ball getting stuck a few times just to the left of the Iron Throne.

Welcome to the Premium/LE Club!

I've been bricking those shots for a while. This is addressed in a couple other threads: The House of Lannister thread and (I think) the GOT Kicks Ass thread. A couple of things to try. I haven't yet because I'm too busy, but I REALLY hope they fix the problem.

#62 3 years ago

I always do, just in the main areas. A little extra protection never hurt.

#65 3 years ago

Methinks I missed an inside joke...

1 month later
#188 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

LE owners.
Has anyone removed their side rails and put EL tape under them? I want to put red back there and tie it into the game so it lights up when the game is on. Seen it on some modded Trons and thought this game would be another perfect example of this due to the rails. Wasn't sure how hard it was to remove though.
ebay.com link ยป 6 X2 Electroluminescent Panel El Tape Back Light 12v 6 Colors With Inverter

Thanks for that...I didn't know that was a thing. I'll have to try it...AFTER somebody else does!

(I'd also like to say--and I know that I'm in the minority on Pinside--but I'm REALLY glad I got a GOT LE after seeing GB LE. I'm really not getting the hype on that machine, but I hope to play it this weekend.)

2 weeks later
#253 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Mine has finally landed and I'm picking up tomorrow

That's it. I'm outta the club.

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hells yeah! First trip to Hand of the King, kinda tanked it but whatever, I crushed my 8 year old, she was super happy watching me demolish her.
In your face smooshie!

Well, I'm glad you can beat at least one person.

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Indeed, but how many Elwins are there? I like to play pinball for giggles and just have some fun. Playing in a tourney atmosphere just brings out the douche in most people. Pass......

...and there it is, ladies and gentlemen: The definition of irony.

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Any LE owners think about having their wire ramps black anodized or black chrome powder coated? I've been thinking of doing this if I can buy an extra set of wire ramps. Was thinking of a black anodized look.

Brass. Goes with the gold theme.

3 weeks later
#395 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Change of plans. I'm driving to Jacksonville next Saturday to bring home an LE. I know the only difference is the artwork, but brownish-red is my favorite color. Plus, dragons! It'll go well with my favorite alternate translite.
Censored
This is my first LE. Hell, I don't even have a Premium. I just love upper playfields and I needed a Steve Ritchie DMD in my collection.

...and you'll be a blissfully happy man. "Choose your house!" is heard about every five minutes in my house, while the other machines just look on with envy.

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I've been enjoying my LE for a few weeks now.The only issue has been the ball not staying in the chair 75% of the time. Suggested fixes?

I would give it a stern talking to.

(See what I did there? ) I can bring you the "fix" to Allentown.

1 week later
#458 3 years ago

That's because they just took the GOT code and changed stuff to GB. You can tell when you play, from the pop bumper slot machine thing to the end of ball sounds. That's how Dwight was able to do the two games so well and so quickly, I think...lots of copy and paste.

1 week later
#497 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I guess I'm not really in the club until I take off the upper playfield and do the tweaks and mods. I'll tackle that this weekend.

It's not really a club you want to be a member of. And don't be too proud of yourself when you're inducted into the club. There's another club for people who have done it multiple times.

#538 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It was pretty hard for me to choose between Premium and LE. I thought the cab art on the Premium was fantastic. But I liked the LE playfield better, and I reasoned that that's what you look at the most. I would have been happy with either. Family prefers the LE dragon sideart, but I loved the mammoth and direwolf.

Your family was right, and you got the right machine. You're the first person to say they like the LE playfield better, I think, but when it's lit up, it's a beaut.

#541 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What about me? I said I liked the LE play field better a few months ago.

Oops. He's the second, then.

#610 3 years ago

The last five minutes of tonight's episode is one very large reason I'm glad I got the LE.

Just sayin'.

#614 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Drogon is huge!

No. Daenerys is just very, very small.

#620 3 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Probably my least favorite 5 minutes this year.
"So, you were impressed by the fire trick?" "Everybody wait here. I'll be right back."

1 week later
#661 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I've actually hit 3 successive Left orbit shots (Left-Left-Left) from the right flipper - nice and smooth all the way around - several times. This week I actually hit FOUR left orbits in a row. Perfect@ without the diverter mod!
Good luck!

I hate you.

1 week later
#667 3 years ago

Jeez...would you just text me? You don't connect it. Just leave it in the box.

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I thought it was ... 'The red viper, you don't get a name like that unless you're deadly, right?' ... Could be wrong

Or you could be very right.

4 months later
#894 3 years ago

Does anybody know how the code works for when the left gate allows the ball access to the upper pf? I finally got around to moving my diverter forward a bit to fix the left orbit issue. Everything works fine, and my left gate works as well...but sometimes it allows the ball into the elevator, and sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't seem to let you in during an autofire, and sometimes I have right orbit shots that go completely around and sometimes not. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it. And, of course, there's so much crap going on in the back of the playfield that it's tough to see what's doing what, when.

Any insight into how your properly-behaving LEs and premiums behave on gate openings and elevator access would be greatly appreciated!

#898 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Once per ball you get a lift up to the upper Playfield, so if you soft plunge into the pops it will open the diverter and go up to the castle the next time the ball is shot up the right orbit.
Hit 8 gold targets and the diverter will open to lift the ball to the throne for mistery
It will open up for Battle for the wall multiball, sending it to the throne
It will open for extra ball, going to the throne
It will be closed making right orbit shots during most (or all) house battles.
.....I'm probably missing something.

Right...thanks! I was only talking about the lift to the playfield. Didn't realize that it was only once per ball. I think sometimes it hits the switch too fast and the gate doesn't lift in time, which is causing it to drop into the pops on a really fast plunge.

I'll keep an eye out to see if it's all behaving normally. The left orbit/diverter/elevator problems have turned me into a raving lunatic...now I don't know what is normal and what's not.

1 month later
#915 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

Glad to see you guy enjoying GOT so much. I have a premium on order and I have had 2nd thoughts. Hopefully I will be joining the club in early January. Time to get a few mods ready and learn the rules.

Don't listen to the naysayers. Tournament guys love this machine, and so do many people here on Pinside. The bad artwork and orbit problems turned people off in the beginning and they never even gave the gameplay a chance as a result. This game will kick your ass and keep you coming back for more...and the fact that you can approach the game strategically from a 100 different angles will keep it from getting stale in your collection. Keep your order and enjoy a massively underrated game.

#919 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My pinhead and non-pinhead friends love this game. I have an LE and they all compliment the artwork.
The 2 must mods for this game are the spinner decal and sword lock decal.

...and the bumper caps, and the upgraded sword. Everybody in my house hates the game for all the right reasons: It kicks their ass.

#929 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have mirror blades on my LE. They look fantastic on this game.

Can you post a pic? I took a gold set off my LOTR when I sold it...can't decide whether to put it in GOT or POTC.

#933 3 years ago

Looks sweet...thanks very much!

1 month later
#957 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Well the LE is definitely not a flow game cause the orbits don't work as intended.

Yeah...but once you fix them?...

#967 2 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

My left and right orbits works perfectly. Throne works as it should. This is a game that MUST be tweaked, if not you get the faults of the game. Some people would rather bitch about it then try and fix it. Your loss.

Truer words have never been spoken.

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Still works like shit. So does the throne.

I just realized you're a bitter pro owner who just realized he's missing half the game.

#973 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

lol ya as a former LE owner I can tell you I miss nothing about it over the Pro. Another version where LE pricing is plummeting.

But it sounds like you never really got it working the way it should. I can tell you that every time I play the pro, it feels like half the game is missing. And who cares about the price? I'm not in this hobby to make money off of the things that bring me joy.

#974 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

It's all about finding that sweet spot with the bracket and diverter. Mine works perfectly (with LOTS of adjustments) When I get back from deployment I might give the re-drill hole thing a shot. At least with my bracket I threw in a couple of other fixes like the spacers, throne cushion along with souvenir's.

Yeah...when are you coming back? Stay safe!

3 months later
#1049 2 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

I'm looking for some playing tips when starting with House Lannister. I know it's not the best house to start with but I really want to put my initials on that house. I need about 800 million points.
Anyone have some pointers?

Yes.

1. Wait until Tigerlaw leaves for work.
2. Update the code with new code...even if it's the same version. Doesn't matter.
3. Play a game with House Lannister.
4. BAM! New high score with your initials.
5. You're welcome.

#1067 2 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Hello everyone, and bought a game of thrones second hand in perfect condition, I love this machine !!!! I have the same problem with the left orbit ..... as many

Easy fix. Drill out the mounting holes in the diverter with a stepper drill bit - only about 1/16th of an inch (2 mm or so). Remount, pushing it up toward the player side of the playfield. Done.

#1070 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I've just picked up one as well a few weeks back. Can't believe how great this game is. Got to iron throne (5 ball)and would have to say one of the best wizard modes I have ever played. Really great fun.

I'd have to agree with you with one minor change: along with WOZ, this game has one of the best wizard modes I'll never see.

#1077 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Also, does anyone know the status on ColorDMD working with the SPIKE system? Are they still working on it or is it impossible for whatever reason?
Would love some GoT in color.

Yes. In color AND not so smear-y looking.

2 months later
#1113 2 years ago

Hopefully some day we'll get a side wall and 2 lane guide plastics to match this wall. Then the upper playfield would look more complete

Good luck with that.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

That would be really nice. Are there any rumors that Stern plans another update for GoT?

I've heard it's done. He still has GB to update, SW to finish, and has probably already moved onto whatever the next game is. GOT isn't even in the rear view mirror anymore.

#1118 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's a shame. The last two seasons have had some phenomenal stuff I'd love seeing reflected in the code. Maybe give each house another level or two like Star Trek.

Agreed. But remember, this is Pinside, the Home of Rumor and Conjecture...

...that's usually wrong. So take it with a grain of salt.

#1123 2 years ago

I got my castle wall, crows, and battering ram installed today. Everything installed easily and looks great. Sorry for the poorly lit photos. If anyone wants other pics let me know. My battering ram feels a bit more stiff, but that should be just an adjustment with the sled under the Playfield. I didn't notice anything rubbing with the new parts.

Looks very...uh...wintery! Nice mods! Where'd you get the swords? And are the crows 3D or flat?

#1138 2 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

My lane guide post snapped. Is this a common problem with got prem?

...and if you need me to rivet you a new screw, Gabe, just send it to me and I'll get it back to you in just a couple of days. But you have to get the screw part from Stern.

In fact, shouldn't somebody sell these as a normal part?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside