IMG_7311 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpg
IMG_7308 (resized).jpg
IMG_7307 (resized).jpg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1088 HOTK strategies. Posted by Eskaybee (6 years ago)

Post #1479 Code 1.36 Release Notes Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shredso.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1872 3 years ago

Finally had some time to get some games in on my Premium. Sad to say it's been sitting unplayed for a couple months. I was starting to get into the game and realized one of the switches wasn't working on the upper playfield. All the connections underneath look fine. I'm hoping it's just a loose wire and not a node board issue. Anyway, if I'm taking the upper playfield off, I may as well shop the game out. It's one of the dirtiest games I've ever seen. I plan on going with Titan bands and some new coil sleeves. The flippers actually feel fine but will probably get a rebuild anyway. Anything else I should have on hand that is specific to this game once I have it all apart? Any teardown tips? I did find the upper playfield removal instructions on another thread.

#1874 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Get used to it is all I’ll say. I have to tear mine apart every few hundred plays and clean it. That upper playfield makes the game so dirty so quick.

My Tron was like that. Once I ditched the stock rubber and the black disc it was fine. What about the upper playfield makes it dirty? Does the dust from the upper flipper mechs have a path to the lower playfield?

#1878 3 years ago

Filthy!

2020-11-11 09.02.13 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 09.02.13 (resized).jpg
#1881 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Oh wow that is much worse then mine has ever been. You must have put on a ton of games since the last breakdown. Let's see the big plastic underneath the upper playfield.

This one? I bought the game off route. I'd say it's never been cleaned but there is a bunch of white rubber on the game and a handful of incorrect screws. This playfield has definitely been off before.

2020-11-11 16.44.13 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 16.44.13 (resized).jpg
#1883 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Had that filth GoT on the carpet and your married, your going to get all 6 pinball throne your way. See what I did there.

Ha! This is the game room and the carpet is pretty worn. All the upstairs carpet has been replaced, so she can't (shouldn't) complain.

It took 3 1/2 episodes of Trial 4 on Netflix (good but very slow) to clean this bucket of plastics. A lot of elbow grease and some flame polishing on the clears. It's not perfect but a million times better,

2nd picture, one of the posts is shrink wrapped instead of using a post rubber. Presumably because a post rubber wouldn't fit. Is this normal?

2020-11-11 23.04.55 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 23.04.55 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 23.05.03 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 23.05.03 (resized).jpg
#1885 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Use the shrink wrap as the post rubber prevents orbits

Is shrink wrap directly on the post recommended over the coil sleeve method you posted awhile ago?

#1888 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Its shrink wrap over a coil sleeve as I first created back when game first came out. you will also need to enable orbits as Stern rewrote their code to fix their hardware defects.

Mine was shrink wrapped directly to the red plastic. I cut it off, no coil sleeve. Is there a benefit to having the coil sleeve?

#1890 3 years ago

The ramps cleaned up nicely. I should have spent a little more time on the green ramp removing ball trails before flame polishing. The pictures are a little forgiving. Overall very satisfied. On to the mini playfield!

2020-11-11 09.02.13 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 09.02.13 (resized).jpg2020-11-12 22.14.05 (resized).jpg2020-11-12 22.14.05 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#1971 2 years ago

I'm getting an occasional stuck ball on my Premium. It's usually not a big deal, it wiggles free most of the time without a tilt. I'm thinking about bringing it to a show next week and selling it and I don't want people shaking the crap out of it trying to get it loose. The flap is a little misshapen, I tried flattening it out when I had the ramp off last and it didn't help much. The ball will sit there even with the gate lifted, so it's not the gate. it seems like there is a little dip in-between the ramp and the mini playfield. Any thoughts?

2021-11-13 16.25.43 (resized).jpg2021-11-13 16.25.43 (resized).jpg
#1979 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bend the flap more until you get it nice and flat.

I took the ramp out again and tried to get it as perfect as I could without drilling it out. I got it reasonably flat and haven't had a stuck ball yet. If I bring it to the show that will be the true test.

I found it odd that the plate that secures the gate switch from below is a huge block of aluminum. I thought it might be an operator fix, but it looks just like the manual. Is that normal? I should have taken a picture of it while it was out.

#1985 2 years ago

I've reached the Iron Throne a couple of times. I believe I was close to completing it both times. It's a very long and tedious wizard mode. I'm getting ready to sell the game and I'm wondering if it's worth trying to shed my way through it again. Without spoiling it, is there anything amazing that happens after you complete the 7th house?

#1988 2 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Yeah, I don't want to give spoilers to you. Its not going to blow you away, but its interesting enough to try and slog through it. You can adjust the settings to make it easier to get to as well. Kinda cheating, but an option! If you're on default for the 1.37 code, just start modes, shoot to upper playfield, and beat modes on upper playfield. Then you don't actually play any modes. Be Stark as well so that you can complete a mode if you are draining.

I know I've progressed in modes with the upper playfield, but I was never sure how. I'll have to read through the rules again.
I've been picking Targaryen because I was finding it a pain to complete and the mode timer freeze was a nice bonus. I'll try a few games with Stark.

#1995 2 years ago

You guys are making me rethink selling this game. I think it's a lot deeper than I gave it credit for.

1 month later
#2030 2 years ago

I had a nice routed but shopped Premium with Color DMD listed for $7,500 and got crickets. I think I got one person on Pinside that sent a message and instantly backed out and one on Facebook. Ended up selling it to a dealer for equal to $7k. There doesn't seem to be a lot of demand for this title for whatever reason. I'm not complaining, I still more than broke even, but I'd be careful paying much more than $7k if you want your money back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shredso.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club?tu=Shredso and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.