gt2 (resized).JPG
gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1088 HOTK strategies. Posted by Eskaybee (6 years ago)

Post #1479 Code 1.36 Release Notes Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I just put my order in for a Premium today! Should be shipping out later this week.

I just bought one this week too! Should arrive on Monday or Tuesday.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Woohoo! Nitro? My alt translite for it actually showed up today as well (and looks amazing in person, much better than the pictures make it seem).

Starburst. I think the alternative translite looks good. Really want to see it in person.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I don't even know wtf language is being spoken in Edmonton nowadays. Nonetheless congrats, I think

Both are Canadian distributors.

2 weeks later
#106 8 years ago

Here are some pictures of my premium with some mods.

Topper is pricey but it looks good on the premium as its castle walls match the playfield ones:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#107 8 years ago

Side art blades - I haven't installed them yet as I want to get Stern's orbit fix done first so I'm not pulling the playfield up and down and scratching the side art. So they're just shown for pics with clamps holding them down. They look really good. Add to the cold feel of the premium. Blend in perfect with the art on the back panel. And neat reflections off Ghost and the White Walker.

#108 8 years ago

Also added Lannister banners to the castle and a Stark one for the post.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Metal washers still Eh?

I love those washers. Can't part with them.

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Those flags look great Apollyon, where did you get them? Did you make them?

Modfather sells them here:

http://modfatherpinball.com/collections/got/products/game-of-thrones-lannister-flag

But if you want to save money, they are just the flags that come with the McFarlane GOT kits. They are basically lego sets. The flag is one piece, made of plastic, but it looks great - authentic to the show. I just bought the kits and installed them with "L" shaped metal brackets and some double sided tape. Takes about 30 seconds to install.

http://www.amazon.ca/Game-Thrones-Consturction-Lannister-Banner/dp/B0158FADV2/ref=sr_1_4

If you pick up any of the flags, let me know and I can give you some of the brackets. I have a bunch left over.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I don't have a preference on which play field, IMO, the LE play field works perfectly with the LE art and the premium playfield works perfectly with the premium art.
Anyone have pictures of the upgraded side armor on their premium?

Toasterdog posted some pics of his side armor in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-premium-update/page/9#post-2991445

1 month later
#288 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

OOOh, you have entered the magical TRON-Metallica-GOT club........pm me for details, you get a free dildo if you have a TWD.

Oooooh. I want a piece of that action. I'm in the super elite club too. Please send my dildo with the magic baggie of acrylic washers.

I also effing love GOT right now. Amazing game.

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Lol and nice collection of sterns.

Thanks! You too. Seems like we have similar tastes. How are you liking Kiss? Only played it a few times at Expo. Yours looks great with the topper.

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I like it but have not played it in 2 months. Waiting for code update. There is a lot of stuff not programmed yet. It will be a great pin after some code. The lay out is great. Ordered a GBLE also.

I hope it gets the mega update that seems to be rumored. I love Borg's games.

Congrats on the GBLE. But where are you squeezing it in? Selling something to make room?

#298 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

What can I get for a TWD Premium, GOTLE and a IM combo. I a french tickler at least? LOL.

image1_(resized).jpeg

I think that gets you a reach around.

4 weeks later
#409 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Going to be a personal preference. The mini playfield only slows the game down on the right ramp shot but it also adds an extra MB, ability to add time to modes (can be very lucrative in some modes), ability to collect castles (scoring and bonus points).

Also, don't forget (4) that you can progress mode shots on the upper playfield as well.

EG - you start a house mode, and you get the ball up to the upper playfield:
(1) if you hit one of the upper playfield targets you add time to the mode
(2) if you complete the 3 upper playfield targets (differently than for Castle MB completion - in modes its hit any target, then hit either one on the side, then hit the middle one) then you can collect castles (one if you have one mode running, 2 if you are running 2 modes at that time).
(3) once you have collected the castle, you can then hit shots on the upper playfield for successful progress in the mode itself. For example, if you hit 1 of the 2 middle exit shots after the Tyrell castle is collected, you get one shot for Tyrell progression. The shots you need to hit to help in the modes varies from mode to mode.

#415 7 years ago

What's nice about the current code on the LE / prem is that a hard plunge gets you up to the castle. But you can save this opportunity throughout the whole ball. Thus, if you short plunge to the regular playfield right off the bat, the ability to get to the castle off a plunge remains on that ball. So you can start a mode or two and then shoot the right orbit to get the ball up to the upper playfield. Then with the mode running, start adding time, collecting castles and then picking off shots to potentially both modes - all on the upper playfield with no risk of draining.

#441 7 years ago

He's a jerk hell bent on wrecking everyone else's GCs with his taint.

3 months later
#766 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Can you elaborate or are you pulling our chain?

Midnight multiball - if you set your game's internal clock, it starts at midnight if you are in a game. Hodor is "mentioned" in this mode.

8 months later
#1065 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

One of the reasons Lyman is revered is what he did on SM. Coming back to it and not letting it be just good enough, he made it great. Dwight has that opportunity here. GoT doesn't need much, just some really minor tweaking and balancing.

100% agree. And it needs more call outs from the show. That would up the immersion to a LOTR, Tron, IM or SM level. You want to feel like you are in the world of the game.

1 year later
#1301 5 years ago

Not just for the upper playfield, but here are my thoughts for changes

SOUND FX

Winter has Come seems like it needs callouts or sound fx. I think its great when you have the music / drum for each of WINTER... HAS... COME at the start of the mode. What would fit when you get into the second phase of the WHC mode (where you fight the WW lieutenant) is if the horn would blow three times. In the show 2 horn sounds means that the Wildlings are attacking (thus 2 for the Battle at the Wall). But 3 horn sounds warns of white walkers.

CALLOUTS

Martel - On the third shot which qualifies the mode the Viper says "I will be your champion" - this actually matches with the DMD scene you have there.

In the mode:

"Have they told you who I am?"
"I am the brother of Elia Martel"
"Do you know why I have come all they way to this stinking shit pile of a city?... For you."
"I am going to hear you confess before you die"
"Say it."
"You raped her! You murdered her! you killed her children!" - ok maybe this last one is too much, but it is an epic line.
"Say her name! Say it!"

Lannister

Some banter between Jamie and Bronn as they save Jamie's daughter:

"That would have been a shit way to die"
"As far as I've seen they are all shit ways to die"
"Two knights off to save a princess"
"Morning lads! Glad we found you."
"Swords in the sand, Now!"
"That one should be slow enough"

Greyjoy

Dialogue from Theon as he takes Winterfell:

"You all know me!"
"My father has donned the ancient crown of salt and rock. And declared himself king of the iron islands"
"He claims the north as well by right of conquest"
"Betray me and you wish you hadn't"
"Send a raven to Pyke informing my father of my victory here."

There are lots of good quotes from John Snow, Lord Mormont, and others at the wall during Wall MB.

DMD

The opening to Hand of the King (i.e. the instructions for the mode) and the dots in the mode itself could really use some nicer DMD screens. The plain text looks unfinished. Especially when you see how great the Dots are in the Iron Throne mode.

BALANCE the modes

Really I think there just needs to be some added incentive to play Lannister.

UPPER PLAYFIELD

The upper playfield is well done in the modes. I like that. But I do think it would be helpful to have some better rules for the UPF when you are in a multiball (e.g. blackwater). Perhaps it could be as easy as allowing you to progress the Castle MB in the Blackwater MB. Or some nice reward for completing all targets and the loop shot during a MB.

INSERT LIGHTING

On the premium / LE it would be great if there was a change to the color of the inserts on the upper playfield for Castle MB (and the color of the main inserts in the mode). Stark is white. Castle MB should be something else. Perhaps more of a light orange. Or a baby blue.

CASTLE MB mode

It would be nice to polish up the rules to this mode, or at least spell them out a bit better for the player.

BUTTON FUNCTION

It would be nice if the action button did something small for each house.

8 months later
#1490 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

My take away from my 6 games last night:

4. chuckwurt There are quite a few bugs that made it into this version. What route to you recommend for getting this feedback to Dwight and Stern?

You PM'ed me this morning about your thoughts, and I PM'ed you back an hour later that I had emailed them to Dwight.

Not sure what else you wanted...

#1491 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Can anyone hear the entire quote that says"....... piss myself....."? It sounds like Robert Baratheon. Was it from the boar hunt, maybe? Lots of great new quotes. My favorite so far, coming out of HOTK and Tyrion says " I was very happy as Hand of the King".

Yaa! That was my idea! I thought it was a perfect quote and funny as hell.

#1492 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Can anyone hear the entire quote that says"....... piss myself....."? It sounds like Robert Baratheon. Was it from the boar hunt, maybe?

It is in the right spot. Right before the joust.

#1494 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

I posted this first and Chuckwurt responded giving me your info. That's how I knew your name and thus passed it along, as he suggested.

I see that now from when you posted in this thread. All good now!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club?tu=Apollyon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.