gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1088 HOTK strategies. Posted by Eskaybee (6 years ago)

Post #1479 Code 1.36 Release Notes Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago

Can I join early? Bought an LE this week. Wont be delivered for another week, at least, though.?

I really want a topper but dang, $500 is steep. Maybe one day I'll give in but for now I'm passing on it. Did order a shaker motor though.

Speaking of shaker motors, I've heard of issues with them on spike games. Wasn't there something you had to look for to make sure you don't blow a board?

#23 8 years ago

I was thinking of this if I don't go with the Stern topper. My wife collects dragons (thus the LE and not a prem) and this is from her collection. Pretty heavy though for what it is at about 5 pounds. Or maybe just not topper at all (leaning that way).

dragon_(resized).jpgdragon_(resized).jpg

#68 8 years ago

Should be able to adjust them the same way. No need for new spoons though.

Speaking of the pops. Anyone know if the RGB's in them are coded in yet? i don't recall seeing any color changing (like the Kiss pops do) when I played a LE recently. I didn't even realize it had RGB's until I read the feature list.

#87 8 years ago

Just got the call. Delivery of my LE is slated for tomm

1 week later
#115 8 years ago

Couple of things.

- For premium owners. Somebody please put some Ice Blue in the GI. I bet that would be sweet on this theme!

- New to SPIKE people. I just made a thread about the interlock. Seems as though that feature is gone. Major bummer on that.

- I'm surprised I didn't see talk about this. They went to the pro style lock/latch system on the prem and LE's apparently. I personally prefer that but was pretty surprised to see that when I opened my LE.

2 weeks later
#165 8 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I installed v1.26 on my GoT LE on Friday, now the kickback in Castle Black keeps firing randomly and often. Anyone else experiencing this? I suspect software since it started after the update and never did that before.

Your game has a flaky opto back there.. Mine doesn't do this and it's the first I've heard of it.

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

my GOTLE has been sitting in dallas for the last week...
...waiting on the delivery man to come back from vacation

Shoot. Tell them you will pick it up next week and that they owe you a "convenience fee"

#175 8 years ago

It was the best if times and the worst of times.

Best - finally beat drogon 3.

Worst - I was on ball 3 and I bricked the shot for iron throne while it was strobing and center drained.

So close, yet so far away. Will sound stupid but this game reminds me of Tron and Portal MB. Every game I start it feels like it's within reach and yet it still alludes me.

#187 8 years ago

LE owners.

Has anyone removed their side rails and put EL tape under them? I want to put red back there and tie it into the game so it lights up when the game is on. Seen it on some modded Trons and thought this game would be another perfect example of this due to the rails. Wasn't sure how hard it was to remove though.

ebay.com link: 6 x2 Electroluminescent Panel EL Tape Back Light 12V 6 Colors With Inverter

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks for that...I didn't know that was a thing. I'll have to try it...AFTER somebody else does!
(I'd also like to say--and I know that I'm in the minority on Pinside--but I'm REALLY glad I got a GOT LE after seeing GB LE. I'm really not getting the hype on that machine, but I hope to play it this weekend.)

I'll try it if I can figure out how to get the rails off without damaging anything. Hoping for tips/advice.

I'll be honest, I'm loving GOTLE. I wasn't sure I would since the rules feel pretty shallow at first. But the strategy of the game has me really engaged. I bought GOT for my wife (she collects dragons and loved the theme) but I wasn't to excited about it. That's changed.

I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm really interested in Ghostbuster, mainly for the holograms, but I have no buyers remorse. BG has some cool features though.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Does this wire/leaf spring that is part of the dragon mech bother anybody else? I've been thinking about painting mine black. It's such a strange thing, someone else with an LE asked me if it was normal. I said yes, but it sure looks lame....

20160321_184241_(resized).jpg

LOL. Drove me nuts. I cut the wire off about 1/8th of an inch away from where it sits on the bracket. Then hit it with a black sharpie. Can no longer see it and works perfectly fine. When I got my game I spent more time than a should have searching for where it was supposed to mount as I thought it had broken off and was hanging down like that in error. Topper has the same thing...

#215 8 years ago

Not sure if anyone has done this yet or not. If so, sorry for the repeat.

I grew tired of looking at the spots on my slings so I relocated them to be next to the apron. Really cleaned up the middle of the PF while also still allowing me to have the flashers for the nice lighting effects they create. Couple of pics below.

And next, I know you will think I'm crazy, I'm going to try out some mini flippers on the mini PF. I'm wanting to make it harder to complete things but the flippers extending out into the opening kind of bugs me. Thinking of trying lighting flippers.

Just picked up a couple of these - http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=pbl_02-4277-22 and made a couple wire extensions with z connectors.

IMG_6857_(resized).JPGIMG_6857_(resized).JPG

IMG_6858_(resized).JPGIMG_6858_(resized).JPG

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Now you 2 goof balls need to buy a Metallica, the unholy 3 will open the path to armageddon

Can I join? I've got GOTLE and METLE. Don't have the bank roll needed for a TRONLE though unless labnip is finally going to give in and trade me his for my Batman I'd seriously love to have TRONLE in this lineup but I don't think $$$ will ever work out for that. Maybe a pro some day though.

#252 8 years ago

Got money set aside for one if it were to ever happen Not counting those eggs though.

#325 8 years ago

Black water is all about getting your PF multipliers ready to go before collecting on the supers. Also, if you want to get real brave, pound away at the ram before starting Black Water so that you can increase your wildfire. Wildfire increases your jackpots and supers.

And Labnip - Sticker looks great, now take that ugly black cover off the tip of your sword

#336 8 years ago

Any LE owners think about having their wire ramps black anodized or black chrome powder coated? I've been thinking of doing this if I can buy an extra set of wire ramps. Was thinking of a black anodized look.

2 weeks later
#357 7 years ago

Do you have the left orbit mod in your game? Your experience is exactly what I had when I had it in. Just that small lip got the ball off track for me and it was missing that shot a lot. Took it off and now get smooth orbits again but left orbit is bad again.

Another thing to look at is the control gates. My left one was interfering with the back ball guide. I had to trim the bracket to allow my ball guide to be flush again.

#373 7 years ago

markp99 - Glad you got your orbit issues sorted out. As far as the blue plastic. It seems like it would have to be part of the plastic that goes under the castle. Can you post a pic of the piece? If so, I can try to locate it on my game. Also, for the plastic under the caste that is broken. You may want to give stern a call. They will probably replace it for you. That piece helps to keep a ball from hitting the underside of the mini playfield (drogon kickback mainly) so it's pretty important for it to be in good shape.

#375 7 years ago

Looks like that may actually be the tip of plastic 09 here. Hard to tell for sure though. Yours looks a bit different but not sure if that is just the lighting or if it's the wrong piece.

20160425_110837_(resized).jpg20160425_110837_(resized).jpg

#376 7 years ago

The other spot I was thinking of (took the pic from capgunners thread). I circled the area in yellow.

c4988b46bac31120681bf6fb9aba7f599e73deaf_(resized).jpegc4988b46bac31120681bf6fb9aba7f599e73deaf_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#399 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I know the basic way the upper playfield progresses, but how well is it integrated into the rest of the game's rules? Are there stacking and score multiplier opportunities, or does it feel "bolted on" to the Pro ruleset? People around here seem very polarized about it. There are two complaints about the upper playfield that I can easily ignore:
1. "It blocks the view of the ball on the lower playfield." I claim that if you play the game more than a few times, you'll know where the ball is going to come out. And you should know a weak shot is coming back at you.
2. "It slows the game down". I didn't feel like GOTLE was too slow, and I like that I can cradle balls up there during Multiball (once I improve a little).
I just want to feel like the Pre/LE is the "real game". I want to be disappointed when I play a Pro.

Going to be a personal preference. The mini playfield only slows the game down on the right ramp shot but it also adds an extra MB, ability to add time to modes (can be very lucrative in some modes), ability to collect castles (scoring and bonus points).

I own a LE but also play a pro all the time (for League) and I can tell you that I enjoy both very much but for different reasons. I like the mini PF, light show, interactive throne and I prefer the way you progress in Wall MB a lot more in the Prem/LE (pro feels to easy to me). If I could get my orbits to be as smooth as a pro then I would be a real happy camper as right now, that is the only plus to playing to pro for me.

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

When Pinside went ballistic and whined and moaned about the artwork, Stern changed the gray gradient background in the center of the PF to a chain mail design with more detail. If you look at the photos on Stern.com, the LE photos (and flyer) still have the original design. My theory is that it was too late to change pro playfields, but LE wasn't printed yet.

Pretty sure you have that correct. The chain mail helps it a lot (IMHO).

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. But other than that, I think they're identical.

Agreed. I think the fact that the mini PF and throne on the LE blocks off a fair chunk of the PF art helps a bit too. Going to sounds stupid but I think this is a case of less is more. The Pro PF art feels very minuscule to me where the I actually really like the LE PF. I think it's because I'm not seeing as much of the PF so the art ties in better to my eye. Still haven't put my finger on it but that's my thought. My wife did the same thing (before we bought our LE). Pinballz had both a Pro and LE for a tournament they had and we both said the art was much better on the LE PF. Later to only find out it was the same (minus the center).

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Also, don't forget (4) that you can progress mode shots on the upper playfield as well.
EG - you start a house mode, and you get the ball up to the upper playfield:
(1) if you hit one of the upper playfield targets you add time to the mode
(2) if you complete the 3 upper playfield targets (differently than for Castle MB completion - in modes its hit any target, then hit either one on the side, then hit the middle one) then you can collect castles (one if you have one mode running, 2 if you are running 2 modes at that time).
(3) once you have collected the castle, you can then hit shots on the upper playfield for successful progress in the mode itself. For example, if you hit 1 of the 2 middle exit shots after the Tyrell castle is collected, you get one shot for Tyrell progression. The shots you need to hit to help in the modes varies from mode to mode.

Crap, I didn't know that. Once I collected a castle I just would let it drain the the left flipper. This is EXCELLENT to know if you are in jail on a mode. For example, you accidentally get lock lit for ball 3 but you are in a mode and don't want to start BWMB with the mode you are in. Knowing this I can try to complete the mode on the mini PF vs just trying to time the mode out.

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I've been enjoying my LE for a few weeks now.The only issue has been the ball not staying in the chair 75% of the time. Suggested fixes?

Losen the two screws holding the wire form onto the back panel. Make sure they are as far down as possible and then re-tighten. Doing just this got me to not have any more bounce outs. I have heard of a couple people that needed to slightly bend their ramp down just a little bit though.

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Thanks ,So I have several tweeks to acomplish on my brand new" QC ed" pin lol.

It's part of the ownership experience. Chevy lets you build the engine of your Corvette if you pay them an extra fee and Stern lets you QC the game for free.

1 week later
#452 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Any guesses to how well the LE will hold up in value? Some LE plummet while others seem to level off. Not an investment but may trade for one and was curious where anyone on here sees them going. Have not seen too many for sale which is good.

Go into it assuming it will take the route of AVLE (I personally love it) so that if it goes the route of STLE or METLE you'll be super thrilled.

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Has anyone else removed the large clear plastics under the right ramp? They're only held in with 1 screw each, so I've taken them out to see if I get any ball hangs. The one on the right may indeed be needed due to the Iron Throne kickout.

I did as I hate sneeze guards. I quickly put the ones back on that are in the pops area though as the throne kickout did have a tendency to kick the ball out in places that you don't want it going. I removed the ones by the left ramp that comes from the mini PF. Looks so much better and I've yet to get a ball stuck there. I want to test removing the one that blocks the removal of the throne that sits on the center ramp. Would be nice to not need that one.

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I have my GoT LE now for 4 month. Never played more games on any pin I owned in such a short time. Can't stop having fun on this game. I can't say what it is. The layout is nothing special, fan over fan. The playfield artwork is only mediocre and doesn't transport the theme very well. The DMD animations are repetive and sometimes you just can't make out what you see there. The lights are blinding. Important things that I would have thought should have been covered with thiss theme (Red wedding, more boops/sex, violence.....) are left out on this game. It's a child and family friendly, high fantasy version of the Game of Thrones theme that has almost nothing to do with it's original theme. And I still have work to do to fix the left orbit shotwork as it should have been from beginning.
But if I start a few games all of this doesn't matter any more. I never had more fun with a game. And if I put on a new highscore my hands are trembeling and I feel like after a rollercoaster ride.

I think it's the strategy that's doing it. Just going through houses isn't enough. You have stack them in the right order and then completely them in certain ways to maximize your points. The shot and PF multipliers help this a whole lot as well as it adds even more strategy and risk vs reward. Had mine a couple months as well and I'm still learning new things.

The true test for me is that I still put money in the game when I see it on route. All my other games I wont pay them to play when I find them on route. Maybe it's still the honeymoon phase though but I'm really happy with this purchase.

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Any tips/examples of maximizing points for crappy players like me? My strategy as a poor pinball player is: on a normal day, I play whatever house I happen to have lit up. On a good day, I'll shoot for and play the house that has the shots I seem to be hitting really well. Aside from passing on a house until BWMB (or something similar) I'm still clueless on the points strategy ...
My points are all over the place so I'm clearly not playing with enough intention.

That's part of the fun of the game in discovering what works best for you Strategy with this game will be dependent on skill level but some high level ones I'd recommend are:
- Try to not play GJ or Lanister until you are in a MB. I find this to stack best with the first BWMB. You have to shoot all the required shots in GJ as the jackpots so it's clearing both items with one shot. I also find that during BWMB I'll at least light all the Lanister shots if not collect them all as well. For Lanister, you must shoot the stand up targets to active a shot in order to collect it.
- Try to keep your shot multipliers going. They time out quickly but if you keep with the flow you can keep them going. Big point differences can come from this. For instance, Stark maxes at 75 million without a multiplier. If you can get that final shot with a 5x your score now goes to 375 million and that is without any PF multipliers.
- play as martel for the add a ball but do not play the martel mode if you think you stand any chance of getting to THOK. Martel requires you to shoot each shot twice.
- THOK - I try to bring Tyrel, Lanister, GJ and Stark into this mode. Doing this you have the minum number of shots required (GJ takes a shot away), get the 20 seconds of bonus shooting (stark), and added JP and hurry up scores (Tyrel and Lanister). If you are playing as martel you also get an add a ball and by not completing this house before THOK you don't get the punishment of having to hit all shots twice.
- If you are close to THOK and are doing a different MB, don't use your add a ball in the standard MB. It's more valuable in a good THOK MB than a standard MB.
- Use your ball save time to knock out some locks or LOL shots. Most games will have a nice karem (spelling???) by shooting the lower LOL target which bounces the ball back to the other side into the lock shots.
- Avoid the ram unless you have LOL. If you have LOL try to advance your PF multipliers before starting a MB.

Here is one thing I do that most seem to avoid. If mystery is lit and I have LOL on then I'll try to get 3x+ PF multiplier going before I shoot the mystery shot. I find that video mode is an option a lot and video mode at 3X+ can be lucrative. You can get 60 million (at 3x) all the way to 100 million (at 5x) for a mode that the ball is not at risk. Doesn't sound like a lot in a billion plus game but it can still be lucrative. I find that more valuable than a free lock or lighting a house sometimes. Depends on game situation of course.

My best suggestion is to try different things. Game gets boring trying the same stuff every time so force yourself to mix it up and you may find something that will work great for you.

#477 7 years ago

I guess I'm crazy as I love the art on my LE. I like what they did with the center section and I like that they kept it more Medieval Like. I think that helps it attract not only Game of Thrones fans but also Medieval fans. I never watched a single episode of Game of Thrones though until I got my game so that could be part of it.

I also love the art on my MET too but I think GOT would not have pulled off the more active/full art as well. Sometimes less is more and with GOT I'm super happy with the art package (PF, BG and Cab). I wanted a pro or prem but my wife insisted on the LE (she collects dragons) and I'm glad she did.

#483 7 years ago

What about the magnets on the outlanes?

Ok, Ok... So their aren't magnets there. Sure feels like it though...

1 week later
#562 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Newb question: if I'm playing a house mode (or 2), do my shots still help me make progress toward qualifying other houses? Kinda feels like the answer is no.

Nope. You can only progress to qualify a new house while outside of a mode/MB.

#566 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

It took me awhile to realize this one, too, but is important part of why you may not want to start MB or pass on a house. One tricky part - if you 'pass for now', you don't get that option again until another house is lit which may be difficult in some situations. Sometimes, for me, I'm better off battling a house and not trying to beat it and let the time expire, so I can then lock/go for MB.

Precisely. If I have 2 balls locked already I generally just start my houses, shoot for a lite lock target and then start MB. Here is a tip that is probably obvious now to those that have the rules down but I didn't learn until I screwed myself once. Don't start Tyrel until you are ready to start a MB. 3 of the shots are lock target shots so you can't avoid lighting a lock while in that mode like you can other modes.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also, I'm of the camp that will complete at least one mode before starting multiball, preferably two. Then I have all multipliers unlocked for multiball, and you can really blow it up. And of course if you bring two more houses into multiball and do well, boom, you're at HOTK right after your first multiball.

I do this too as well. Sometimes it's hard to not press the "add a ball" when in BWMB and HOTK will be ready when my BWMB is over. I wasted many add a balls this way.

#598 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nah, no need to make points more lucrative, just play as house stark! in fact, Stark is becoming my favorite house to play cause of the super stack and scoring bonuses. I got this super stack going after completing just one mode! (earned an extra sword from mystery too). This was done on my pro - yes, I know this is an LE/PREM club, forgive me

Wow, do tell more on how you managed to get 2 billion off WHC. I'm happy to get a couple hundred million out of that mode.

3 months later
#765 7 years ago

Yes - Iron Throne is a multi ball. After each round you get an add a ball as well.

Hodor Multi ball? I haven't seen that one. Can you elaborate or are you pulling our chain?

1 week later
#777 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Occasionally, a right orbit shot that is supposed to go into the scoop dribbles out the left orbit. Fortunately, this doesn't happen often. The other issue is that the ball will sometimes fall off the throne. I'd say this happens about 25% of the time.

2 things you can do with this.
- first try to loosen the trail to the throne at both bolts. Push the right side up and the left side down when tightening things up. This effectively lowers the slope so slows the ball down. This fixed mine and I no longer get bounce outs.
- second thing to try is to add a "speed bump" into the trail. People have done that by putting a post rubber on one of the cross braces of the trail.

Quoted from gweempose:

I also noticed that there doesn't seem to be much pop bumper action on this game. Is this the case with everyone's game, or do I need to take a closer look at that area?

I don't get a whole lot of action either compared to some of my other games. This happened when I removed the rubbers from the post above the lanes (assuming the previous owner did this) as the ball doesn't feel to well to the triggers of the pops. Making them a bit more sensitive now would probably help but I actually like the smaller amount of action.

#810 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I lifted up the playfield on my LE today with the intention of installing target splints on all the standups. To my surprise, the targets came from the factory with metal splints that fit into a groove in the mounting bracket. When did Stern switch to this new design?

Hmm... I'll have to check this out. Maybe I need to send a C&D to them instead of how things normally work with modders being the ones getting the C&D

Seriously though, I hope they finally did fix their design to keep them straight.

#811 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

More evidence that suggests that the shot is supposed to be makeable. Given this fact, what is the best way to increase flipper strength? I can't imagine a game with less than 100 plays should require a flipper rebuild?

I can backhand the right ramp at first. It takes a clean shot but I can do it when desired. With that said, during my longer play session it gets harder and harder to hit as I play. Seems as though the flippers get a little weaker as they heat up and that little change makes it to where I can't make the ramp or it's real tough at some point.

#816 7 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

I can backhand the right ramp from the right flipper pretty consistently on my LE. The maddening thing is when I try to make the shot from the left flipper and wind up hitting the ramp with too much speed. The ball bounces, hits the ramp plastic guard at the top, and either falls off the ramp or comes shooting straight back down it. Irritating because I hit the ramp with an accurate shot. This happening to others?
Last night I almost could not miss in my last game attempt, and achieved my best score yet: 2.1 billion. 6 2/3 houses complete. So close to Iron Throne Wizard mode I could taste it, but could not quite defeat Drogon!

Common issue. Just raise the height of the sneeze guard on top of it. Also, make sure that your drop target is level with the PF and not sticking up just a tad.

Quoted from gweempose:

It's crazy how fast your score can soar when you have the right things stacked. Last night, I had less than 100M points. I locked two balls and then nailed the battering ram a bunch of times to get 4x playfield going. I locked the third ball and stacked Lannister and Tyrell. My multiball didn't even last that long, but when it ended I was shocked to see my score was over a billion.
I f***ing love this game!!!

Big time. Another bonus to you getting to 4x before starting your MB is that you probably increased your wildfire too. That impacts your JP values and is something not talked a lot about. Increasing wildfire before going into your MB can also help you blow up a score.

#828 7 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Thanks for the adjustment tips! Probably just the sneeze guard. How would I adjust the drop target height if necessary?

I don't recall but I thought their was an adjustment screw. I don't think it's a common problem. The common problem is the sneeze guard.

Quoted from gweempose:

It's yet another one of those titles that has been pre-judged by people before they understand the rules or have a lot of experience playing it. I will admit, it can be pretty darn confusing when you first approach it. I suspect that the game will gain in popularity as time goes by.

I'll add that their felt to be a lot of people that passed on it because of the artwork. I'll have to admit that in pictures it felt very bland to me but once I saw one in person I felt as though the artwork really fit well. Keep in mind I'm not a Game of Thrones watcher so theme wise it may not match the show (really have no clue) but for the medieval times timeline (how I view the game) it fits well to me.

1 week later
#860 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Please do so and tell us what happens...I'm on latest code v1.29.
For as far gamecode, this is a Stern that has already very good code, couldn't be happier. I do not understand that many are complaining about bad / unfinished codes GOT is not appreciated for it as it deserves. To my humble opinion, GOT is the best game that Stern has released since Lotr.
Code can always be better, I would like to see equal value awards for all houses selected. I think the Martell reward is not in line with other rewards. But I may be wrong...still.
Anyway... I just love this game. My favorite Stern ever. Great job Steve and team!

If you don't understand the idiosyncrasies of the code I can fully understand the code concerns. I was in that boat until I started trying to figure everything out and master it. After fully understanding what the game has to offer it really is impressive and allows for a lot of different ways to maximize your score. For instance (I hinted to it before in this thread), how many people know that at some point you can get half a billion (yes with a B not a M) per shot through a juiced spinner? Just did it last night from paying the spinner strategy with house tyrel. Normally I kill out at 300m a shot but I had a couple good MB's to help me build the spinner value. Getting my 4X and 5X going and the PF multipliers I was able to rack up a lot of points quickly.

As for Greyjoy. I could have sworn I used an add a ball in Iron Throne when playing it a couple days ago. I'll have to pay more attention and revert back if I can make it back there while playing as them.

#865 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How are you getting 500 million on the spinner?

Post 3595 here is where I started the experiment. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/72

Basically, every drop of the LOL target increases your spinner value. I got to that level by just focusing on drops during my MB's so I could keep building things.

Adding chart here for easy findings. ***points are x 1K.

f453d71693289517dda74abee1c8ba7652dc7cc9 (resized).jpgf453d71693289517dda74abee1c8ba7652dc7cc9 (resized).jpg

#868 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also, when you drain you start back at level 1.

Exactly. So if you get it up their and can live catch. Better take the points while they are out there. If I get to a point to where I've used my add a ball and get to HOTK I'll focus on the spinner until I drain.

2 months later
#903 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

So close to the Iron Throne tonight.
I got every house complete except Targaryan. I got the first 2 dragons completed. Needed 1 more shot to complete the third dragon...brick...drain...arghhhhhhhh

I love doing the 3rd one in MB. Some really good points in that last one if you get the shots quickly.

I did the same as you last night but I only needed my martel done to get IT. Got 3 loops nice and easy. Went for the center shot which would have completed martel and also started IT. Yeah, short shot the ramp, hit the target and went straight down the middle before I knew what happened.

1 month later
#965 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Huh, my left orbit adjustments had zero effect on right orbit functions (enlarged mtg hole approach).
I did notice capgun's diverter option could affect right orbits if not properly fitted, or moved over time. I removed the diverter and went with the enlarge mtg hole approach. I consistently can hit 2-3 consecutive left orbits...left-left-left. Very nice.

+1

With caps fix I did have some issues with the right lane. removed it and did the fix with drilling out the mounting bracket and I have smooth left orbits and perfect right orbits.

3 weeks later
#979 7 years ago

Did you get a spike approved shaker? If not, you probably just blew your board.

memory lapses me at the moment but I believe they are the ones with the resistor. Could be visa versa though.

#991 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I was playing an LE a couple weeks ago and have a couple questions:
1. I was able to start WIC with stark even though it was not qualified yet. Threw me off on my shot patterns - This is not possible on pro. What gives? Bug?
2. Does the dragon kickback ever hold the ball like the pro, or is it a kick back only?

1. I've had this happen on Pro and LE. I always assumed a bug but if you make your other shots to iced lanes it does that sometimes with houses you still are trying to complete.

2. Never holds the ball (no mech for it). The times that it holds the ball in the pro are times the elevator (right orbit shot) sends the ball to the throne.

#995 7 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I have a question about the Orbit fix. On my Game after a lot of adjustments I can do left or right orbit shots, but I can't make these shots backhand? Backhand the left Orbit shot lands always in the Bumpers . Is that possible on your games?

That's going to be game specific. It takes a clean backhand to make the orbit on a pro or Prem/LE. I've played some games that are harder than others. For instance, some games you can't/rarely can backhand the center ramp or right ramp (game at TPF last year for instance). If it's a clean and powerful shot it should make it. Also keep in mind, it is not supposed to go all the way across 100% of the time as well. I think some people get confused on this part thinking it still has issues. Unless you are in specific modes or combing a shot the orbit is not open for a full loop.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Now I'm confused. Haha
The pro has never behaved incorrectly when dealing with WIC hurry ups and when they start. Not sure what SKB's issue was on a LE, but it sounds like he was just shooting shots and a hurry up started on one that wasn't even iced over? Or it was iced over and it was only the first or second time he had hit an iced over shot.

I've had it happen a handfull of times on my LE at home. Pretty sure it happened on a pro that was on route to me as well. I can't confirm the code level though on that game. Pretty sure it's a bug either way since you should not be able to start a mode and WIC at the same time.

#998 7 years ago

Same experience as Eskaybee but I've also had it happen on the Martel loop.

Reason I also think it's a bug in both is the example he gave on the pro shouldn't happen either. You shoot targaryan to qualify the house but it should not start until you shoot the center ramp and select it.

Theirs a handful of bugs in the game that could use cleaning and this is one of those weird ones that should be on that list. I know Dwight is aware of it as I told him about it in a conversation he and I had about a year ago.

3 months later
#1051 6 years ago

Quick way to blow up Lanister is to exploit the super jackpot bug.

If you aren't familiar with this what you do is:
- Prime BWMB by locking 2 balls.
- Get mystery lit with having (I think) about 1400 or more coins (super easy while as lanister)
- This will put "light super jackpot" as one of your options to collect in the mystery award.
- Select "light super jackpot"
- DO NOT collect the SJ at this time
- start BWMB
- Now collect the SJ

When you do this the SJ will stay lit for the enitre MB until you collect all 5 BWMB shots so do not collect them all. Once you collect them all it starts the timer for the SJ and takes you out of the exploit. My goal is to get a ball on the left flipper and hold it there then I just cont to hit the SJ with the right flipper.

You can do this with any house but it's the easiest to get the SJ option as mystery with Lanister.

Lastly, he's a mod so don't tell him I told you this as I don't want to get banned

1 week later
#1083 6 years ago

It's interesting reading the feedback on modes sometimes and to see peoples preferences. It seems as thought Iron Throne is well received of which I actually far prefer HOTK over IT when playing GOT. Me personally I would actually say that IT is one of my least fav end of the game wizard modes from all the ones I've been to. Just feels a bit to repetitive for me but it's good to see that I'm in the minority there. Still a great game for sure!

5 months later
#1154 6 years ago

It's not the code as if it was everyone would have the same issue. Some have had issue with the mech and got it replaced by calling Stern. If you are positive that it is not hitting some screws I would give Chas a call at Stern Tech Support.

As for your second issue. I don't think I've ever lit a special before. I would assume it would go to the Throne to collect but no experience their.

#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

Thanks. Good point about code. But It worked fine before last update. I will take a video and give Chas a call if no one else here has another solution

If that was the only change that occurred then I would suggest re-downloading and installing the code just to make sure it didn't get corrupted a bit. I've seen that in other games before.

Keep in mind thought that it learns over time (same as with the toy box in AS) but after a dozen or so games it should be pretty rare for it not to make it in one try.

6 months later
#1198 5 years ago

Ouch, glad it's working correctly.

1 week later
#1209 5 years ago

Check the diverter in the VUK in test to make sure it is working correctly. The game will adjust coil strength over time due to failures on kicking it hard enough but if the door isn't opening up that will prevent it 100% of the time.

1 week later
#1211 5 years ago

Could be wrong but I thought mine came in the all the way open setting.

4 months later
#1318 5 years ago

For me it's mainly make castle multiball worth while and pause the PF or at least shot multiplier when on upper playfield.

4 months later
#1357 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryBurton:

To be clear this is my 1st machine so the top rail that holds the glass[quoted image]

If it bugs you enough to repair/replace just take it off and take it to a power coat company local to you. Any powder coat company "should" be able to strip that and match the color. Shouldn't cost you more than $75-$100. Worst case, contact pinball refinery and ask them to help. But you'd be paying shipping now thus the local option.

1 week later
#1364 5 years ago

Honestly, just get some mylar. It's stupid cheap and easy to replace if you ever need to. I have it on all my HUO games and none are even close to showing any wear there.

2 weeks later
#1377 4 years ago

That is an odd one for sure. So the white up post works but not the sword. Does the white up post stay up long enough to let you select a mode and also hold balls for multi ball? I would say that coil got unplugged or shorted out but you mentioned it works in coil test.

My best guess at this point - That coil was turned off in the feature settings. Look for the sword coil and make sure it is on.

2 months later
#1404 4 years ago

Nothing that I can really think of that should be getting in the way. Must be something that dislodged. Take the mini PF out and give it a check and a clean while you are at it. It's pretty easy to do. Just 4 screws to remove the dragon, 2 for the ramp to the throne and 4 screws for the PF itself. Just be sure to disconnect all the harnesses before you unscrew everything.

1 week later
#1420 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Can’t wait. Got real lucky on a trade partner. Had to jump on it. Kind of scared haha. Loved my pro so much. As I said in the other thread, I might need help dialing in the orbit, but my plan of attack is the drill method. Please let me know if that’s a bad idea. I won’t be tackling that until I’ve had it for a while though.

Ah hell, who let the riff raff in

Congrats. I think you will like the differences. They are fairly small but adds some extra strategy to the game. You lose a little bit of the flow from the pro but the change in progressing wall, mode timer increase ability, mode completion ability and the actual throne all make it worth it for me.

My first tip, put lighting flippers on the mini PF. Makes it slightly more challenging (which was a plus for me) but more importantly increase the flow of the game as now when I hit the right ramp it will go straight into the ramp return lane if I don't flip at the ball. I also put felt on the return guide at the top of the mini PF. Something about smacking a metal ball against a metal guide like that didn't sit well with me as it was scaring my balls pretty quickly.

5 months later
#1588 4 years ago

Been a while since I've gone that far. I do know that the game will basically start over after your beat iron throne but I don't recall if it's before or after you drain. Part of me wants to say it's after you drain though. That's really my only real gripe with GOT is that the final wizard mode doesn't have a lot of call outs or intuitiveness on what to do after you finished it.

2 months later
#1612 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Otherwise, I could get to Iron Throne over 50% of the time, which makes it less exciting to get there!

Sounds like your game is set up way to easy. That is the great part of GOT, it can be set up to be brutal all the way to "I could get to I.T. over 50% of the time" I was getting there pretty easy for a while so I opened up the outlanes and set my slings a tad bit tighter. I promise you wont see I.T. even 10% of the time anymore unless you are some sort of pinball god. I've had 2 of my friends over playing it a couple of times. One is top 15 in world and the other just fell out of top 100. I'm the worst at 300.

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do you go about trapping balls that come out of the sword lock?

Superbands will do it or a post catch if you get real good at them.

My mini PF isn't nearly that easy, but I did put lightening flippers up there. I couldn't stand cosmetically how the flippers stuck out into the return lane so put them on there.

Atum - Adjust your slings. I 100% promise that will drastically increase the difficulty of your game. But it sounds like your strategy is just get there. When I play, I'm trying to get there but with a decent score at the same time so killing all the houses through the mini PF doesn't make sense.

#1636 4 years ago

Agreed, I was thinking on of the connectors under the mini playfield was acting up until you said you checked it. Are you 100% no wires have been pinched that go to it? It would be easy to do when putting it back on.

1 week later
#1667 4 years ago

Yeah, does sound like a fun challenge. I know this is a Prem/LE thread but we still may want to specify Pro or Prem/LE since us Prem/LE players can kill houses on the upper PF now.

Interesting strategy of if you play as stark, light a house, kill the house and then drain so you get your power back or if you go with one of the harder houses to qualify (Tyrel, Baratheon, Targaryen for instance) and use the upper PF to beat the houses.

So, asking for a friend, if I play as Targaryen, does my freeze timers filter to the stop watch

#1672 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Another strat is to begin as Targaryen. Now you only need to finish 3 more houses. Do Stark, Martell and Baratheon, since those can be finished quickly. I had some 3 to 3.5 minute runs doing this. If I could get better at finishing with the upper playfield this might be the better strat. You don't have to drain and that saves time since technically you could do the whole thing on one ball.

Baratheon is easy and quick to beat but a PITA to light, at least for me. Still haven't had time to try this but hope to at least this weekend.

#1674 4 years ago

Best I could pull off. I lost a ton of time in the pops as my orbit is only at 10% these days. No clue why as I've done all the "fixes".

Sub 2 mins is definitely doable if your orbit works right.

49bd7cd9875fea81baaabe44b5b399266bc5dd54 (resized).jpg49bd7cd9875fea81baaabe44b5b399266bc5dd54 (resized).jpg
#1675 4 years ago

Make sure to qualify greyjoy and Martell before Lannister so you only have the animation delay once for having to pass for now to qualify more houses.

I think the biggest time save for me was I made sure to have 2 houses going at one time. I completed one and then use Stark button to kill the other. Then I tilted to get the ball back and my Stark Power back immediately. For this run I did Greyjoy and Stark. Had Greyjoy first so my Stark power would kill it. 3 center shots then left orbit. Then Stark button to finish Greyjoy. Then I did Martel and Lannister together. Left orbit 3 times and then center shot. Stark button to take out Lannister and center shot to start HOTK. I did get one lock on accident but by avoiding the center shot until I had all but Lannister already ready it didn't kill to much time.

Curious to see what strats others use. Wish I had a way to stream as these would be fun things to stream kind of like what Ray and Esther did with BM66.

#1680 4 years ago

Appreciate it. I figure it out. I literally just updated my code to 1.37 yesterday before trying the HOTK stuff as I was on 1.36. I completely forgot that the code turns the orbit off by default now and had to change that setting again. Back to 80%

#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The fastest time will be the person that can play stark straight up, start Lannister and kill with button.
Light two more modes and start them together and kill them both with one trip to the upper playfield then shoot center ramp once the ball drains from the upper playfield.

I played Martel outright since it was 3 easy orbit shots then the center shot. I may have to try the upper PF as it would be quicker if (and that's a big if) I can hit all the shots and make the orbit without missing to many shots. I put lightening flippers on my mini PF so it's not a give me anymore.

Quoted from atum:

Or does your order allow you to skip the wait for the Martell finish cutscene before HotK starts?

Don't recall exactly but I'm pretty sure that animation was skipped since I killed the Lannister mode right when the center ramp shot registered. There is still time to be had as with that run I missed the right orbit 3 times (one lit the lock) when trying to qualify the Martel house. Feels like a clean run could be done sub 2 mins if everything fell in place.

#1688 4 years ago

You are pushing it up towards the top of the playfield. You are increasing the amount of wood you see there.

#1717 4 years ago

I had the same issue. Pretty sure it's not a code issue as not all games have this problem. For me, it would happen most of the time on a clean shot to where the ball would go up the ramp fast enough to hit the locked ball, bounce back and re-trigger the switches again. I don't recall how I fixed that but I thought I adjusted the switches to be less sensitive.

#1724 4 years ago

Agree, I haven't had that issue either after adjusting my switches. I just can't recall what I did with them though on if it was to make them more or less sensitive. It's entirely possible they changed some of the timing in the code which has made the issue more sensative but I do think it's also hardware related. But I do also agree they could easily fix in code. Instead of triggering that mech based off the switch being triggered they could add a timer to it so it has to be triggered for half a second before it activates that portion of the code to release a ball.

It's the bounce back off the locked ball that is causing the issue. At least that is what it was for me a while back.

2 weeks later
#1735 4 years ago

Check with Titan. They have user submitted kits. Even if you don't want to buy the kit it should tell you what is in the kit.

This should be all their kits for the Prem/LE.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5682

1 week later
#1772 3 years ago

Looking nice.

For the upper playfield flippers, I just laid the mini playfield on it's side when I did mine. Was easy enough and I didn't feel like it was going to hurt anything.

#1776 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Looks like you are right. OK, I get to retake it off today to clean those flipper mechs!

If I may add a couple mod suggestions for the mini PF.

Get some lightening flippers and then 2 small matrix strips (3 LED length) before doing that. I added the lightening flippers (in black) as cosmetically they fit better but it also helps with the mini PF not being a gimmie anymore. The two 3 LED strips go under the plastics by each flipper to light up those plastics (like the inlanes by your main flippers). You will also need a matrix splitter and one of the 47 base matrix bulbs ( I put it in the GI socket under the mini PF.

2 of these - https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strips
1 of these - https://www.cometpinball.com/products/quick-connects
1 of these - https://www.cometpinball.com/products/matrix-splitter-wires
1 or 2 of these in 12 inches wouldn't hurt either - https://www.cometpinball.com/products/matrix-extension-wires

Those two mods really completed the mini PF for me.

#1779 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I have plenty of comet strips...though do you have a pic of what it looks like?

Just grabbed one for you. It's not over the top difference but I really liked the subtle differences with the lit inlanes and the lightening flippers.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#1780 3 years ago

Also, for you new owners. An oldie but goodie CHEAP mod that makes a huge difference. I can't take credit for it and I don't recall the first to do it but take some copper wire, gold paint and some black heat shrink to your sword.

You paint the handle gold (you can barely see where it stops right above the pivot joint in the picture). Then black heat shirk at the grip covered by some wound wire.

My camera kind of sucks but hopefully you get the idea. Really makes it look more realistic.

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#1783 3 years ago

Grabbed a better pic at lunch today.

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#1786 3 years ago

For the ramp Opto's. I unplug them from the board under the PF and fish them though. It's a bit of a song and dance getting them back through but much easier in the long run.

Do you know where it is rattling on the launch? I'm guessing the control gate on the right side may be getting in the way. It shouldn't need much power at all to get to the throne shot or pops. Take a video if you can as that may help us help you. But also make sure the forks on the auto shooter are even and touching the ball at rest. If not, it could be shooting it at an angle, which unfortunately, is extremely common on Stern's newer games.

#1790 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yeah, I looked at the autoplunger prongs to make sure both were in contact all the way through the movement and they area (I had a NIB IMDN that had much larger autolaunch problems...like most every IMDN). I went to take a slow-mo video on trough clear mode and of course like 100% no problems for like 30 launches. Go and play the game and it happens a couple of times. The control gate isn't an issue....its getting stuck right before the right orbit success switch. Its almost like occasionally it might be getting stuck just right in between the rail and the switch wire, getting kind of sandwiched and pinned there. Hmm, maybe I'll adjust the rail and the wireform so there is a smaller gap.
And....I'm very surprised you can even fish the opto wires through the PF. Like...you are fishing the wire for the right ramp opto through all of this? ->
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
That is a vertical plastic shield, then a slit through a large horizontal plastic, which also has a rubber ring, and then a small hole in the PF to all get around..holy cow! Left ramp is hardly better on its first opto ->
[quoted image]

Yes. Take the plastic off just below the right of the left ramp that goes straight up. It's just one screw and has to come out to get the ramp out easily anyway. They can be fiddly but that is how I do it.

1 week later
#1805 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wish the right orbit would always feed to the upper playfield during castle MB. should be more than one way to get up there since all the points are there.

You'd know best at this point but I thought it fed the ball up there when one wasn't already there. If a ball is on the upper PF then it didn't divert until you lost that ball. At least that seems to be what I figured out while playing.

2 weeks later
#1830 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Well I don’t think the upper playfield does anything in WHC or wall, hand of the king or IT, but i haven’t had the premium long to test it a lot.
I’ve just seen that the upper playfield is used in castle MB and BWMB.

Nothing that I am aware of in WHC, Wall or IT in the upper playfield.

I really wish the swords were standardized, at least in tournament mode as some of them can be fairly valuable in a lower scoring game (that is set up hard). In a normal set up game to where you are scoring a billion plus it's not much an issue but the game I play on in league is set up with wide open outlanes, fairly tight tilt AND lightening flippers. I often times take first with 200-300 million in 4 player matches and the difference in sword values can actually make a difference in games of those scores.

#1834 3 years ago

I kept mine as stock as well as nothing is forcing me to hit the left orbit on the upper playfield to complete a mode for times when I want to take the harder path. I like having that as an option though and often times use it to complete a harder mode that I'm running out of time on. Plus, I also care about my score as well as the path. I.E. - If I have a game that I make it to IT but only score 1 billion points I don't feel nearly as satisfied as I do making it to IT at 4 billion points. Completing the mode with the upper PF has a pretty big effect on your scoring potential.

Also, for anyone that finds the upper playfield to easy or a give-me I strongly suggest lightening flippers up there. Cosmetically they fit better as the bats no longer extend into the opening for the ramp drain but it also makes it more challenging to keep the ball in play up there. I think that is my only real complaint about the upper PF. It feels like it should have come with mini flippers since it's so easy to get up there it feels like it should be a lot harder (and thus more reqarding) to complete. Same concept with something like TFLE mini playfield where most owners took the control gate out because it was too easy and thus not as much fun.

#1840 3 years ago

Finally got a hold of my game after the new code update a while ago

20200521_214401 (resized).jpg20200521_214401 (resized).jpg
#1842 3 years ago

Yeah, I had some pretty stupid scores on the 1.36 code using Lannister but after updating to 1.37 which borked some of the scoring exploits I hadn't seen to many good scoring games. I had not one but two absolutely horrible HOTK's but 5.9 billion in Iron Throne. Was 1 dragon away from a second Iron Throne which would have been a first for me.

2 months later
#1861 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Code drops are taking away stackables, being re-written for hardware defects and now this. SMH

Pretty sure that's not a code issue as the rest of us don't have this problem on a plunge. It's an issue with his game that we are trying to figure out over here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/132#post-5794640

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.