Topic Stats

• 1,599 posts
  • 181 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 370 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200109_170841 (resized).jpg
game-of-thrones-castle-walls-prem_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
20191012_125211_HDR (resized).jpg
FB192438-0E5F-4D65-B343-AC1B8D76ED55 (resized).jpeg
BFTW.PNG
Mammoth.gif
IMG_20190810_191244 (resized).jpg
20190721_205205 (resized).jpg
20190719_224354 (resized).jpg
27164C79-0709-41D9-9A62-D64684B58DB8 (resized).jpeg
220AC03F-33FA-405C-A007-DDE390312104.gif
20190625_212249 (resized).jpg
20190625_211606 (resized).jpg
IMG_3142 (resized).jpg
IMG_0604 (resized).jpg
20190508_161327 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1599 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 32.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If I could get my orbits to be as smooth as a pro then I would be a real happy camper as right now, that is the only plus to playing to pro for me.

85vett, I am getting consistently GREAT left orbits lately! Fast and smooth all the way through. Not sure how they compare to a Pro, but it is very satisfying to hit 3 left orbits in quick succession from the right flipper! Left, Left, Left - Yes!!

1> Removed the upper in-lane bumper rubbers and replaced with heatshrunk coil sleeves.

2> Enlarged the mounting holes in the diverter arm assy (below the playfield), permitting and ever-so-slightly forward positioning of the diverter arm. +1 step on my stepper drill bit.

3> I can confirm the left orbits I get now are much more consistent/faster than I previously got with the bracket mod, and right orbits are perfectly consistent!

I did have capgun's diverter bracket mod installed and was getting good left orbits, but did ultimately notice I was NOT hitting Mystery and Extra Ball shots consistently from the right. Seems the bracket was causing right orbit shots to bounce past the elevator entryway. I am certain I could have re-tweaked the position of the bracket to allow success on both left and right orbits, but I wanted to try another path first.

Again, the bracket mod seems fairly sensitive to left-right position relative to the diverter arm assy. I am confident additional tweaking would have gotten me to a similar end-point - but, was just a bit of a pain in the butt to adjust without removing the upper playfield - trivial with it off, but the upper playfield removal process is a bit of a pain all on its own.

I had thought to wait for Stern's fix (?), but this combination was reasonably simple to implement.

#402 3 years ago

Thanks 85vett, good summary. I'll plan to spend some time tweaking the area near the VUK to make the orbits clean. One thing I noticed at the Texas Pinball Festival was that the quality of the art is better on the LE than on the Pro. I was kind of shocked, to be honest. It was like Stern intentionally degraded the art on the Pro - or maybe cleaned it up for the LE?

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Thanks 85vett, good summary. I'll plan to spend some time tweaking the area near the VUK to make the orbits clean. One thing I noticed at the Texas Pinball Festival was that the quality of the art is better on the LE than on the Pro. I was kind of shocked, to be honest. It was like Stern intentionally degraded the art on the Pro - or maybe cleaned it up for the LE?

For the cabinet or the playfield? I think the playfield is pretty much the same, but the LE cabinet and BG is all hand drawn while the Pro is photoshop cut and paste stuff.

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For the cabinet or the playfield? I think the playfield is pretty much the same, but the LE cabinet and BG is all hand drawn while the Pro is photoshop cut and paste stuff.

Playfield. I'll try to get some good shots of the Pro and LE to see if I can point out the differences I was seeing.

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

When Pinside went ballistic and whined and moaned about the artwork, Stern changed the gray gradient background in the center of the PF to a chain mail design with more detail. If you look at the photos on Stern.com, the LE photos (and flyer) still have the original design. My theory is that it was too late to change pro playfields, but LE wasn't printed yet.

#406 3 years ago

Here you go

GOTLE_(resized).JPG

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

When Pinside went ballistic and whined and moaned about the artwork, Stern changed the gray gradient background in the center of the PF to a chain mail design with more detail. If you look at the photos on Stern.com, the LE photos (and flyer) still have the original design. My theory is that it was too late to change pro playfields, but LE wasn't printed yet.

Yep. But other than that, I think they're identical.

#408 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Pretty sure you have that correct. The chain mail helps it a lot (IMHO).

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. But other than that, I think they're identical.

Agreed. I think the fact that the mini PF and throne on the LE blocks off a fair chunk of the PF art helps a bit too. Going to sounds stupid but I think this is a case of less is more. The Pro PF art feels very minuscule to me where the I actually really like the LE PF. I think it's because I'm not seeing as much of the PF so the art ties in better to my eye. Still haven't put my finger on it but that's my thought. My wife did the same thing (before we bought our LE). Pinballz had both a Pro and LE for a tournament they had and we both said the art was much better on the LE PF. Later to only find out it was the same (minus the center).

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Going to be a personal preference. The mini playfield only slows the game down on the right ramp shot but it also adds an extra MB, ability to add time to modes (can be very lucrative in some modes), ability to collect castles (scoring and bonus points).

Also, don't forget (4) that you can progress mode shots on the upper playfield as well.

EG - you start a house mode, and you get the ball up to the upper playfield:
(1) if you hit one of the upper playfield targets you add time to the mode
(2) if you complete the 3 upper playfield targets (differently than for Castle MB completion - in modes its hit any target, then hit either one on the side, then hit the middle one) then you can collect castles (one if you have one mode running, 2 if you are running 2 modes at that time).
(3) once you have collected the castle, you can then hit shots on the upper playfield for successful progress in the mode itself. For example, if you hit 1 of the 2 middle exit shots after the Tyrell castle is collected, you get one shot for Tyrell progression. The shots you need to hit to help in the modes varies from mode to mode.

#410 3 years ago

I know about the shield difference, but that's not it either. Like I said I'll definitely get pics of both for comparison.

#411 3 years ago

Dragon looks better on the LE. It's nice and solid. On the pro, it just moves weird.

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I know the basic way the upper playfield progresses, but how well is it integrated into the rest of the game's rules?

I found a good summary of the upper playfield here (scroll down to "Upper Playfield"):

http://tiltforums.com/t/game-of-thrones-pinball-rulesheet/936

#413 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Also, don't forget (4) that you can progress mode shots on the upper playfield as well.
EG - you start a house mode, and you get the ball up to the upper playfield:
(1) if you hit one of the upper playfield targets you add time to the mode
(2) if you complete the 3 upper playfield targets (differently than for Castle MB completion - in modes its hit any target, then hit either one on the side, then hit the middle one) then you can collect castles (one if you have one mode running, 2 if you are running 2 modes at that time).
(3) once you have collected the castle, you can then hit shots on the upper playfield for successful progress in the mode itself. For example, if you hit 1 of the 2 middle exit shots after the Tyrell castle is collected, you get one shot for Tyrell progression. The shots you need to hit to help in the modes varies from mode to mode.

Crap, I didn't know that. Once I collected a castle I just would let it drain the the left flipper. This is EXCELLENT to know if you are in jail on a mode. For example, you accidentally get lock lit for ball 3 but you are in a mode and don't want to start BWMB with the mode you are in. Knowing this I can try to complete the mode on the mini PF vs just trying to time the mode out.

#414 3 years ago

When Dwight has this code complete, IMO, it's going to be one of Stern's best ever coded machines.

#415 3 years ago

What's nice about the current code on the LE / prem is that a hard plunge gets you up to the castle. But you can save this opportunity throughout the whole ball. Thus, if you short plunge to the regular playfield right off the bat, the ability to get to the castle off a plunge remains on that ball. So you can start a mode or two and then shoot the right orbit to get the ball up to the upper playfield. Then with the mode running, start adding time, collecting castles and then picking off shots to potentially both modes - all on the upper playfield with no risk of draining.

#416 3 years ago

I've been enjoying my LE for a few weeks now.The only issue has been the ball not staying in the chair 75% of the time. Suggested fixes?

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I've been enjoying my LE for a few weeks now.The only issue has been the ball not staying in the chair 75% of the time. Suggested fixes?

I would give it a stern talking to.

(See what I did there? ) I can bring you the "fix" to Allentown.

#418 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

You have the Game of Chairs edition?

#419 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Adjust the ramp.

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Losen the two screws holding the wire form onto the back panel. Make sure they are as far down as possible and then re-tighten. Doing just this got me to not have any more bounce outs. I have heard of a couple people that needed to slightly bend their ramp down just a little bit though.

#421 3 years ago

Thanks ,So I have several tweeks to acomplish on my brand new" QC ed" pin lol.

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Thanks ,So I have several tweeks to acomplish on my brand new" QC ed" pin lol.

It's part of the ownership experience. Chevy lets you build the engine of your Corvette if you pay them an extra fee and Stern lets you QC the game for free.

#423 3 years ago

Code 1.29 is up.

I love Dwight.

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Code 1.29 is up.
I love Dwight.

I'm a Dwight fan too, but... He's got some 'splainin to do!

- Added Adjustment to disable orbiting from left to right. This will be ON by
default on the LE/PREMIUM. All left orbit balls will go to the pop
bumpers by design.

This does not make me happy!

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

This does not make me happy!

Is this their fix?

I'm guessing I'm one of the few where the orbit shot works perfectly.

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is this their fix?

I'm sure they couldn't come up with one that they felt could be Implemented easily enough. Shrug

Good thing for Prem/LE owners is that there are already multiple fixes out there. One of them (mark's), seems extremely simple and easy to do.

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is this their fix?

Yep, but you will no longer get nice LEFT orbits in v1.29, unless you turn that feature OFF! They'll go into the pops 100% by default. The pops really eat clock in hurry ups - often I want the ball back pronto!!

I just played a few games just now (v1.26). I had several perfectly clean LEFT - LEFT orbits, nice and fast to the right flipper. Did not hit the elusive LEFT - LEFT - LEFT, but I'll take what I got!

My scores have drastically improved lately; I am hitting 1B to 2B pretty regularly (with a few 30M drainfests in between for good measure).

#428 3 years ago

I'm not motivated to make this update. I trust turning that feature OFF will allow me to retain my LEFT orbits; we shall see.

My primary fear is future updates may eliminate support for the OFF option altogether - as it's no longer "by design".

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

The pops really eat clock in hurry ups

Wait, really? Every Stern I own stops the clock on HUs when the ball is stuck in the pops.

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Wait, really? Every Stern I own stops the clock on HUs when the ball is stuck in the pops.

Guessing I may be wrong on this; assumed clock was still ticking...

#431 3 years ago

Anyway, I'll disable that. It's not a SR pin unless the ball can go screaming around the orbits.

#432 3 years ago

Anyone know of any Easter eggs besides the credits one? Haven't figured out the code for Dead Flip yet...

#433 3 years ago

One thing about the code update: if you enable left orbit, your scores will be less since you are not going to get as many pop awards. So you will be at a disadvantage when compared to default settings.

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

One thing about the code update: if you enable left orbit, your scores will be less since you are not going to get as many pop awards. So you will be at a disadvantage when compared to default settings.

It's a trade-off, I guess. I'd rather have the ball back sooner, to permit me a quicker opportunity to hit the next shot in the flow. Plus, it just feels so sweet to have the ball ripping around the orbits...just like SR intended!

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Anyone know of any Easter eggs besides the credits one? Haven't figured out the code for Dead Flip yet...

Try ERW.

And CCC

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try ERW.
And CCC

I'll have to try those! I have tried all these with no luck: stark,snow,sno,jon,kme,doho,ssr,jd,df.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'll have to try those! I have tried all these with no luck: stark,snow,sno,jon,kme,doho,ssr,jd,df.

I think it's only 3 digit codes. Could be wrong though. MOO doesn't work either.

#440 3 years ago

Who's this SKB guy!

#441 3 years ago

He's a jerk hell bent on wrecking everyone else's GCs with his taint.

#442 3 years ago

I think it would be cool to have a tiny DMD for the top playfield, with its own scoring and animations. Or a tiny LCD, if you prefer...seems very doable with Raspberry Pi.

#443 3 years ago

Possible bug: (1.29) I had my bonus held. Ball 3. I had an extra ball. Ball 3 drains, it gives me my bonus two times. I play the extra ball, and get the held bonus again. So I got 2 held bonuses.

Another one: Sometimes when the ball drains, it will say "Swords are Lit" on the DMD with the sound effect.

Anyone else see these?

#444 3 years ago

Any guesses to how well the LE will hold up in value? Some LE plummet while others seem to level off. Not an investment but may trade for one and was curious where anyone on here sees them going. Have not seen too many for sale which is good.

#445 3 years ago

I saw one go for $6,800.

IMO, it looks like this game is getting nicely received. Plus, the code support has been amazing.

If I had to guess, I can see this pin holding a $7,500 value in the future.

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Possible bug: (1.29) I had my bonus held. Ball 3. I had an extra ball. Ball 3 drains, it gives me my bonus two times. I play the extra ball, and get the held bonus again. So I got 2 held bonuses.
Another one: Sometimes when the ball drains, it will say "Swords are Lit" on the DMD with the sound effect.
Anyone else see these?

This is from the read me in the latest code. Or do you mean because you had an extra ball it seems like a bug since it occurred again?
Not sure about "swords lit"

- BONUS HELD will now give your bonus twice on the last ball if needed.

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

This is from the read me in the latest code. Not sure about "swords lit"
- BONUS HELD will now give your bonus twice on the last ball if needed.

It's a bug. It should award the held bonus twice, not three times. I also sent it to Stern and Dwight already responded. So they are working on it.

#448 3 years ago

Did this happen when you were playing Martell mode and you finished the orbit shots but drained while trying to hit either ramp? I think that may cause the swords are lit animation as you complete the mode by doing the required orbit shots only. the ramp shots are just additional points to be had. Just a thought.

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I saw one go for $6,800.
IMO, it looks like this game is getting nicely received. Plus, the code support has been amazing.
If I had to guess, I can see this pin holding a $7,500 value in the future.

My HUO LE was $7500, but that included $1200 in mods. The seller didn't even mention the shaker or the extra Stern shooter rod - those were really nice surprises.

There's been a lot of smack talk about the upper playfield, same thing happened with METLE and the hammer. But even if the last GOT code drop was final, I think the absolute floor is around $6500 for a stock LE. And Spike pins ought to hold their value better as a whole, with all the improvements. The audio quality is pretty awesome.

HUO GOTLE are still competing with NIB from distributors. Once that stock is mostly gone, I think HUO prices will get a boost. That's what I saw happen with LOTR.

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My HUO LE was $7500, but that included $1200 in mods. The seller didn't even mention the shaker or the extra Stern shooter rod - those were really nice surprises.
There's been a lot of smack talk about the upper playfield, same thing happened with METLE and the hammer. But even if the last GOT code drop was final, I think the absolute floor is around $6500 for a stock LE. And Spike pins ought to hold their value better as a whole, with all the improvements. The audio quality is pretty awesome.
HUO GOTLE are still competing with NIB from distributors. Once that stock is mostly gone, I think HUO prices will get a boost. That's what I saw happen with LOTR.

As the code matures, this pin will do nothing but rise in popularity.

Not sure if I had said it in this thread, but when I played the pro, I felt like a huge part of the game was missing.

I think the best comparison game would be Star Trek. Those LEs shot up in value after Dwight cleaned up the code. I remember seeing a Star Trek LE go for $6,500. Outside of a price crash, I can't see the game getting that low again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
San Marcos, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 1599 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 32.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside