IMG_2001 (resized).png
gt2 (resized).JPG
gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 45.
#301 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Looking through the pics, have you guys ever considered installing the Comet DMD glare guard? I install it on all of my games and it works great. The instructions are to apply it to the outside of the plastic in front of the DMD. I install it on the inside of the plastic in front of the DMD.

IMG_1732_(resized).jpg

With the new BB style i don't find it much of an issue but I turned down the back box light setting in the menu under 10% so that eliminates the glare from that........

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Remember that you cannot get higher than 3x multipliers (playfield or combo), to start out. You have to unlock them by completing modes and then collecting a sword at the right ramp. Once you've collected two swords, all multipliers are unlocked. I suggested completing a couple houses before going into multiball.

If that's the case, what does collecting additional swords do?

#303 8 years ago

I went to Modern Pinball tonight while I was in the city. I played a few games on Got Pro.

Couple things I noticed:

1 - The LE playfield has more detail. Around the house names, the pro just has a gray color.
2 - Upper playfield adds a lot to the game. I kept shooting for it even though it wasn't there.
3 - The dragon moves so much better on the Le/Premium.
4 - More of an observation of Pro vs Premium/Le, but the light show is night and day. I'll admit, I've taken for granted the light shows on Star Trek LE and GOT LE. Amazing the difference between a game that has full color changers vs a game that doesn't.

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

If that's the case, what does collecting additional swords do?

Nothing outside of collecting their point value. If you increase the difficulty of increasing the multipliers in the settings, then collecting more swords come into play.

#305 8 years ago

Flank and labnip. Did you hillbillies play midnight madness? If not do it now. It's awesome.

#306 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Flank and labnip. Did you hillbillies play midnight madness? If not do it now. It's awesome.

Buck of am drink.

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Indeed, but how many Elwins are there? I like to play pinball for giggles and just have some fun. Playing in a tourney atmosphere just brings out the douche in most people. Pass......

...and there it is, ladies and gentlemen: The definition of irony.

#308 8 years ago

#309 8 years ago

Beat this today BB

Narrow outlanesNarrow outlanes

#310 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Beat this today BB
Narrow outlanes

Did it! Wait you were supposed to beat it, BB.

Where ya at Labnip?Where ya at Labnip?

#311 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#312 8 years ago

Got our LE in this weekend, all set up now.
I blame labnip for bringing his to TPF.

#313 8 years ago

centerflank that alternate translite looks quite nice.

#314 8 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

centerflank that alternate translite looks quite nice.

For sure, Scott did a super nice job on that! What do you think about the topper with the translite? Too much?

No crybabiesNo crybabies

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

For sure, Scott did a super nice job on that! What do you think about the topper with the translite? Too much?
No crybabies

Personally, I would have liked to see Scott extend the artwork for the topper, doing more characters in the same style, but I don't really think it looks like too much...the duplicate artwork is only annoying if you stand there oogling your machine instead of playing it. I'm happy with my stern topper paired with Scott's artwork.

#316 8 years ago

Time to get a black marker & color the top edge of this dmd

#317 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Time to get a black marker & color the top edge of this dmd

I fixed this in just a few minutes - no sharpie needed

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/4#post-3047958

#318 8 years ago

Got the ball lock sticker on.
Nice

Before

After
image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Got the ball lock sticker on.
Nice
Before
image_(resized).jpg
After

That really ties it all together....

Well,we put on 62 plays since firing it up Saturday morning, my boy said its his favorite now

#320 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That really ties it all together....
Well,we put on 62 plays since firing it up Saturday morning, my boy said its his favorite now

It's totally wild.
I got like an extra ball awarded during a multiball and the whole thing just went bananas... Think I saw a red dragon breathing fire on the DMD when winning the extra ball.

#321 8 years ago

Ok ok ok...

So it seems like it's about bashing the ram a butt load of times to increase the multipliers, then when in multiball shoot for the super jackpot a ton (which I think was the ram?).

Finally got my initials on the game just now

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Ok ok ok...
So it seems like it's about bashing the ram a butt load of times to increase the multipliers, then when in multiball short for the super jackpot a ton (which I think was the ram?).
Finally got my initials on the game just now
image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Yep. Super jackpot at the ram. It's lit after you hit all jackpots during Blackwater MB. Hit the hell out of it as its on a timer. If the timer runs out, all the jackpot shots light again and you have to hit them 2 times each to relight the SJP.

#323 8 years ago

After many days & weeks of pure frustration, I managed to cross 1B for the very first time tonite! Funny thing is, I only had 30M going into Ball 3, then I killed it! Martel > Greyjoy > BWMB. I had a few very nice games earlier today - seems like the shots are finally clicking for me.

4-3-2016_8-37-46_PM.png4-3-2016_8-37-46_PM.png

Side note - I am totally pleased withe additional lighting I put into the backbox behind the translite. Brightens & warms the permiter beyond what the SPIKE LEDs can do on their own. Comet warm-white strips. BIG difference for me!

#324 8 years ago

I'm a pro owner for the moment ^^ i say for the moment because i played this week end an Le. I noticed a really nice improvement over the pro....Castle Black ! It enables advance wall more easier...i like that (ok i don't like the target in front of the right ramp though).

#325 8 years ago

Black water is all about getting your PF multipliers ready to go before collecting on the supers. Also, if you want to get real brave, pound away at the ram before starting Black Water so that you can increase your wildfire. Wildfire increases your jackpots and supers.

And Labnip - Sticker looks great, now take that ugly black cover off the tip of your sword

#326 8 years ago

Last night, I got up to 10x multiplier. Thanks everyone for pointing out that collecting swords is the key to this.

Just to reiterate, after playing the pro, I have a whole new appreciation for the premium/LE.

#327 8 years ago

Late to the party but I'm in.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#328 8 years ago

Oh I was rolling and tanked HOTK. Fark.....What you got Labnip?

Flanker Fucked up HOTKFlanker Fucked up HOTK

#329 8 years ago

You guys are making my 720k high score seem not-so-impressive

#330 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

You guys are making my 720k high score seem not-so-impressive

Ah, no biggie, sounds like anything less than 6 billion isn't even a decent score anymore.

We need a novice level non tournament area for us Dudes so we can feel good about ourselves.

#331 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh I was rolling and tanked HOTK. Fark.....What you got Labnip?
Flanker Fucked up HOTK

that's it... i'm taking the glass off too !!!

#332 8 years ago

720k = 1st 10 seconds of 1st ball. I think you meant 750M.

#333 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

720k = 1st 10 seconds of 1st ball. I think you meant 750M.

Oops! Yep, that's what I meant lol

#334 8 years ago

So after the Ohio show and playing both GOT and GOT premium I decided to go with the LE. I hope to receive it this coming week.I like the art package better than the premium JMO. Luckily there was one left. The two games are totally different.both great.

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

So after the Ohio show and playing both GOT and GOT premium I decided to go with the LE. I hope to receive it this coming week.I like the art package better than the premium JMO. Luckily there was one left. The two games are totally different.both great.

Izza gunna blow jor mind man !!

#336 8 years ago

Any LE owners think about having their wire ramps black anodized or black chrome powder coated? I've been thinking of doing this if I can buy an extra set of wire ramps. Was thinking of a black anodized look.

#337 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Any LE owners think about having their wire ramps black anodized or black chrome powder coated? I've been thinking of doing this if I can buy an extra set of wire ramps. Was thinking of a black anodized look.

Brass. Goes with the gold theme.

#338 8 years ago

White would probably look good on premium.

#339 8 years ago

Yeah brass!!!

#340 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Yeah brass!!!

image_(resized).jpeg

Gold mirror blades too? Nice!

#341 8 years ago

Yeah I had a set extra for the lord, looks mega!

1 week later
#342 8 years ago

I put the sticker next to the sword last night. Looks great. I recommend everyone do this.

Also last night, one of my friends finally got to try the machine for the first time (not like it's been in my place since December). He loved it.

Out of the 7 machines in my collection, he pointed to Star Trek LE, Spider-Man VE, and GOT LE as the 3 best in my collection. He didn't realize that he selected the 3 Steve Ritchie machines in my collection.

#344 7 years ago

I've mentioned this issue before. I am failing to register nice clean right orbit shots, like Extra Ball and Mystery. It's driving me crazy.

Just now I had a very nice ball 3 going, reached HOTK, then Winter Has Come. Extra Ball and Mystery were lit and I actually hit the right orbit cleanly from the right flipper for the ~first time. The ball rolled right thru, but only enabled Winter is Coming on that shot, not awarding Extra Ball or Mystery. I did not manage to hit the right ramp again before draining ball 3. Scored 1.7B - not bad for me

I've adjusted the rollover switch in the right orbit to be very sensitive. In Switch Test mode, this switch never misses. Still, I miss a ton of Mystery shots - not 100%, but way too many.

Do you think there is some other switch in combination acting here I am just not hitting? Maybe a timing issue? How about the right orbit gate above the in-lane bumpers...anything up there? Shouldn't the diverter have kicked the ball into the elevator for Mystery - maybe the diverter is flaky, now from the right?

I wish I could get to the bottom of this. Makes me CRAZY!

#345 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I've mentioned this issue before. I am failing to register nice clean right orbit shots, like Extra Ball and Mystery. It's driving me crazy.
Just now I had a very nice ball 3 going, reached HOTK, then Winter Has Come. Extra Ball and Mystery were lit and I actually hit the right orbit from the right flipper for the ~first time. The ball rolled right thru, but only triggered Winter is Coming, not Extra Ball or Mystery. I did not manage to hit the right ramp again before draining ball 3. Scored 1.7B - not bad for me
I've adjusted the rollover switch in the right orbit to be very sensitive. In Switch Test mode, this switch never misses. Still, I miss a ton of Mystery shots - not 100%, but way too many.
Do you think there is some other switch in combination acting here I am just not hitting? Maybe a timing issue? How about the right orbit gate above the in-lane bumpers...anything up there?
I wish I could get to the bottom of this. Makes me CRAZY!

If I understand what you are asking, you will not collect the EB or Mystery unless the ball actually goes into the scoop up top and is ejected into the throne. I sometimes have soft shots to the right orbit that don't go into the scoop and dribble back out the left orbit. But on mine any strong shot to the right orbit when mystery, EB, or WMB is lit usually makes it where it's supposed to go.

#346 7 years ago

Curious, what SCOOP you are referring to? There's the left and right orbit gates up top and then the diverter arm into the elevator. If Mystery is lit, seems like the diverter should kick the ball over. Maybe getting there too fast or too slow to be kicked?

The last orbit shot described above was a very solid shot. Not a rocket my any means, but certainly not a dribbler.

#347 7 years ago

I guess it's not really a scoop, but where the ball goes when the diverter actuates.

#348 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Curious, what SCOOP you are referring to? There's the left and right orbit gates up top and then the diverter arm into the elevator. If Mystery is lit, seems like the diverter should kick the ball over. Maybe getting there too fast or too slow to be kicked?
The last orbit shot described above was a very solid shot. Not a rocket my any means, but certainly not a dribbler.

What happens when you launch a ball? Is it going into the elevator and to the upper playfield?

If that isn't working, then you definitely have an issue with the diverted arm not opening.

#349 7 years ago

I've noticed a somewhat sort of bug during multiball, the left orbit switch will cause right orbit switches to sometimes not register. Not sure what the fix is as I think this code is to prevent right orbits registering from a full left loop shot. Dwight will have to get creative.

#350 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What happens when you launch a ball? Is it going into the elevator and to the upper playfield?
If that isn't working, then you definitely have an issue with the diverted arm not opening.

The diverter arm is working just fine in diagnostics. When I launch, the ball will go to the upper playfield about ~50% of the time. I had presumed this was not supposed to be a 100% thing; rather, dependent upon which mode/ball was in play.

Just played with the glass off - never missed the mystery shot. Ugh. Then glass on - missed it twice in a row with the ball continuing thru and exiting from the left orbit. Seems if the the diverter arm had opened on the Mystery switch the ball would have bumped into the elevator assy and trickled back down into the pops, vs making it all the way around. The only common thread I can see is WIC is ready to be lit, or is lit when this happens.

The right orbit is a challenge for me to hit consistently - when I do hit it - I WANT TO TAKE CREDIT!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.