80acc5e3-c057-4034-9ae0-bf638c6dc696 (resized).jpg
GOT (resized).jpg
20240417_101656 (resized).jpg
20240417_101706 (resized).jpg
20240417_101335 (resized).jpg
20240417_101328 (resized).jpg
20240417_101324 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 46.
#2251 33 days ago

Just joined the club with a HUO 800 game Premium!

Looking forward to getting my teeth into the game.

Couple quick questions:

* is the sword supposed to move during the lock ball sequence. I know it works as I've seen it during game play, just thought it was suppoed to move during the actual lock
* what do most have the ball saves set as. Some are as high as 20-30 seconds this seems kinda extreme. Is it necessary?
* rules. where can I find a comprehensive set of written rules for the Prem/LE

80acc5e3-c057-4034-9ae0-bf638c6dc696 (resized).jpg80acc5e3-c057-4034-9ae0-bf638c6dc696 (resized).jpg
#2252 33 days ago
Quoted from jardine:

Just joined the club with a HUO 800 game Premium!
Looking forward to getting my teeth into the game.
Couple quick questions:
* is the sword supposed to move during the lock ball sequence. I know it works as I've seen it during game play, just thought it was suppoed to move during the actual lock
* what do most have the ball saves set as. Some are as high as 20-30 seconds this seems kinda extreme. Is it necessary?
* rules. where can I find a comprehensive set of written rules for the Prem/LE
[quoted image]

Sword doesn’t always go down to release the ball, only certain sequences.

Ball save at default. The game can be relatively easy; I have my Outlane posts removed and extra balls turned off. it hands me my ass much more often like this and I like it, feels to compliment the ruleset much more when it plays harder.

Rules in tilt forums. It’s a very different style ruleset.
http://tiltforums.com/t/game-of-thrones-pinball-rulesheet/936

Edit: congrats and welcome to the club! It’s such an unorthodox game which is really what draws me to it.

#2253 33 days ago

Thanks for the reply.

If anyone in here has the LED ColorDMD. Can you tell me what your setting are on? I only have Contrast, Brightness and then the option to change the actualy colour from Orange to Pink'ish/

I have my Contrast set at 4 and my Brightness set at 5.

They were higher but the images seemed very washed out. Running 3.1

Thanks.

#2254 33 days ago

LED color DMD always looks washed out to me no matter the settings. I much prefer the LCD version.

#2255 32 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

LED color DMD always looks washed out to me no matter the settings. I much prefer the LCD version.

Me too. Game came with the LED version. Might see if someone wants to swap, but for the meantime just trying to suss out the settings.

#2256 32 days ago
Quoted from jardine:

Thanks for the reply.
If anyone in here has the LED ColorDMD. Can you tell me what your setting are on? I only have Contrast, Brightness and then the option to change the actualy colour from Orange to Pink'ish/
I have my Contrast set at 4 and my Brightness set at 5.
They were higher but the images seemed very washed out. Running 3.1
Thanks.

Definitely want the colordmd menus to be orange! Otherwise the game colors will be odd.

I run lcd but when testing led I thought I'd keep the contrast setting low like 4

#2257 28 days ago

Damn I miss my GOT. What was I thinking to sell that beauty.

If any of you GOT owners have room for 4 pieces of artwork, let me know. It's also listed.

Season 3 was just announced or HOD. Woohoo.

1 week later
#2258 20 days ago

I know it's probably been asked in here already but I don't see any key index posts to help so here goes.

I'm having a couple things happen where the ball will take a couple goes to go up to the upper playfeild. Is this normal? Aside from a new sleeve can the coil power be increased.

As well as this, the ball keeps falling off the throne when going into EB or Mystery. I've pushed the wireform down and re-tightended which helped for a couple games but now it keeps falling off again. Is there a fix for this? I'm not sure if my switch is too high which might be causing an issue as well?

Thanks guys.

#2259 18 days ago
Quoted from jardine:

As well as this, the ball keeps falling off the throne when going into EB or Mystery. I've pushed the wireform down and re-tightended which helped for a couple games but now it keeps falling off again. Is there a fix for this?

Yes! The way I fixed it was to add a few speed bumps. I cut some rubber post sleeves and installed them on the cross bars of the ramp. It’s 100% reliable. I haven’t had a throne malfunction in years.
IMG_5319 (resized).jpegIMG_5319 (resized).jpegIMG_5320 (resized).jpegIMG_5320 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2260 6 days ago

New glass cover I put together for someone's premium. He had requested a more blue background to be inline with the color of the game. Think it turned out pretty good. Cheers.

Game of Thrones (resized).jpgGame of Thrones (resized).jpg
#2261 4 days ago

Looking for a replacement right ramp (to upper PF) for my GOT premium. Does anyone know of NOS or repro availability? If not available, anybody have an NOS they’d sell?

#2262 4 days ago
Quoted from MT45:

Looking for a replacement right ramp (to upper PF) for my GOT premium. Does anyone know of NOS or repro availability? If not available, anybody have an NOS they’d sell?

Did you check with stern? They may have some in stock still.

#2263 4 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Great idea. Will do

#2264 4 days ago

My kickback (premium) needs a little clean/adjustment as it's not always working. Is there an easy way to clean this apart from removing the upper playfield.

#2265 4 days ago
Quoted from jardine:

My kickback (premium) needs a little clean/adjustment as it's not always working. Is there an easy way to clean this apart from removing the upper playfield.

Nope. The whole mech is on the top side of the playfield. The upper playfield is 6 screws, two connectors, and comes right off.

#2266 4 days ago
Quoted from MT45:

In the past Stern would not sell parts directly. You had to go through a distributor. Not sure if that is still the case.

Ramp only - 510-7509-00
Ramp assy - 500-9931-01

got ramp (resized).pnggot ramp (resized).png
#2267 3 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. The whole mech is on the top side of the playfield. The upper playfield is 6 screws, two connectors, and comes right off.

Bugger. Not the answer I wanted....haha

#2268 3 days ago

Get used to it. You’ll need to remove that to clean the game properly every few hundred plays anyway. The game gets dirty very fast.

#2269 2 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks for the tip, chuckwurt Stern did have this ramp in stock!

#2270 2 days ago

Any ideas on how to protect a new ramp from cracking again? The right side of the ramp to the UPF on my GOT premium is getting hammered. New ramp coming and I don’t want this one looking like this …

Doesn’t look like there’s room to add a post, but maybe?

IMG_20240711_190258_003 (resized).jpegIMG_20240711_190258_003 (resized).jpeg

#2271 2 days ago

Crazy. That protector should be fine. Not sure if there are better aftermarket options or not.

#2272 2 days ago

Maybe turn down your flipper power a notch or 2?

#2273 2 days ago

No flipper power settings on this. Just the old hard medium soft coil settings.

#2274 44 hours ago

Would need a picture from straight on to tell, but it looks like the ramp is too far left of the target? I looked at mine and the target is in a position that there is no way a ball could strike that area with any force.

#2275 39 hours ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Would need a picture from straight on to tell, but it looks like the ramp is too far left of the target? I looked at mine and the target is in a position that there is no way a ball could strike that area with any force.

Agreed, either the ramp needs to move right or the target the left. But the targets are well positioned in this game to prevent any glancing blows on anything (orbits, ramps, etc.).

#2276 19 hours ago

Ramp protector might be to tight to the ramp as well.
I had to move mine away a bit.
It would still transfer the ball hits to the ramp.

#2277 10 hours ago

Maybe it’s as simple as you all have said - move the right target to the left a bit?
Here’s some pics as it sits now.
Thoughts

IMG_20240713_193236_324 (resized).jpegIMG_20240713_193236_324 (resized).jpegIMG_20240713_193314_723 (resized).jpegIMG_20240713_193314_723 (resized).jpegIMG_20240713_193323_583 (resized).jpegIMG_20240713_193323_583 (resized).jpeg
#2278 6 hours ago

Posting this here in this club as well, seeing if somebody can provide some Insight

I picked up a real nice pro today. Ithad the original code installed.

Played fine

Updated and when complete was told to power cycle so I did now I’m stuck on this screen

Anybody ever seen this I haven’t

IMG_6117 (resized).jpegIMG_6117 (resized).jpeg
#2279 6 hours ago

Weird. Never seen that either. Try loading the code again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlevoix, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.