376E4A8C-2DCC-47F4-8504-BF1686BC39AC (resized).jpeg
IMG_2001 (resized).png
gt2 (resized).JPG
gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,241 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 45.
#2051 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I emailed Stern and did not get a response. If there is a number, I’d be happy to call as well. Regarding a distributor, you think Z. Meny might be able to get one?

Any of them should. They might be able to get a response. No phone number anymore. Only email. It can be frustrating.

#2052 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Anyone have a right ramp that leads up to the upper playfield that they want to sell?

Part # 510-7509-00. I would visit a distributor in person if possible, call or email if not possible. Tell them you need this part number. They can probably get it for you. They will mark up the price a little. Also, hard to tell from the manual, but I think this is just the plastic ramp with ramp flap. You will need to swap everything over from the old ramp.

#2053 2 years ago

Watch out, folks... yzfguy is going to be darkening our doorstep in this thread soon. Things should go downhill fast...

#2054 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Watch out, folks... yzfguy is going to be darkening our doorstep in this thread soon. Things should go downhill fast...
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"362e2d112c6bc4d56eeec84480aa4e4e55590999-1641679943-1800"};
//]]>

LMAO! I'm in!

IMG_20220108_131807485 (resized).jpgIMG_20220108_131807485 (resized).jpg
#2055 2 years ago

Would love to go LE someday.

#2056 2 years ago

Finally got everything back together from a full restore and refresh. If any of you have lights that aren’t so bright anymore, I may have found the reason.

Before and after cleaning of the inserts shown here. The LEDs were filthy as well. Now, like new again.

A4FD141D-9B4E-45CD-8E24-42676081C78F (resized).jpegA4FD141D-9B4E-45CD-8E24-42676081C78F (resized).jpegADFBE342-E09A-49AE-9CDF-E1C82F02709A (resized).jpegADFBE342-E09A-49AE-9CDF-E1C82F02709A (resized).jpeg
#2057 2 years ago

Anyone have any suggestions for the must have mods? I have colordmd enroute, and considering shaker and side blades. Is that 3d castle piece cool for the front of the mini playfield?

#2058 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Anyone have any suggestions for the must have mods? I have colordmd enroute, and considering shaker and side blades. Is that 3d castle piece cool for the front of the mini playfield?

Since you have an LE, you should have a shaker, unless someone robbed it. ColorDMD is the only must have for this game. Topper is really cool, otherwise its personal taste for what you want it to look like under the glass.

#2059 2 years ago

I don't think it came with a shaker. The inside of the cabinet is pristine and there aren't any holes drilled in the bottom at all where one would have been mounted. I wish I could get a hold of a topper that is one I would want.

#2060 2 years ago

This is true: It was one of the contentious things about the LE that it didn't have a shaker. Complete bullshit.

(Also see: SWLE with three different translites you'll never use.)

#2061 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Finally got everything back together from a full restore and refresh. If any of you have lights that aren’t so bright anymore, I may have found the reason.
Before and after cleaning of the inserts shown here. The LEDs were filthy as well. Now, like new again.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't know what it is about GOT, but it's one of the filthiest games I've ever seen. It's gotta be cleaned fairly regularly because of all the soot that builds up under plastics and in the Castle Black lane and orbit.

#2062 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I joined the club finally a couple of days ago with a beautiful, very low play LE. I'm a big fan of the TV show and a big fan of Steve Ritchie, so probably should have had the game sooner. At least GoT has been out long enough that I don't have to wait for any software revisions or the topper to come out!
I don't think the previous owner played it much, it looks like it just came out of the box and there are no tweaks or mods - until I got it. I started by going through every picture in this thread and the other main GOT thread and that led me to a lot of tweaks and mods to choose from. I lubed the ram and it acts perfectly. Takes a decent whack to register. I did the DIY sword mod with gold paint, heat shrink and wire. The machine came with side blade art and flipper fidelity speakers uninstalled, so I installed those. I ordered a ColorDMD LCD and will put that in soon. Also ordered speaker light kit, Mezel Crows, real knocker, shaker and a shooter. I did the speed bump mod for the throne bounce outs and it sticks 100% of the time now. Right ramp bounce backs fixed by lifting the shield with rubber post rings as a spacer. Mylar to protect the shooter lane. Most importantly, I've played it a ton and love the game. The upper playfield is awesome. Until now 99% of my experience playing this game has been on the pro. The Pro is a fast fun game, but this is such a great upper playfield I would not want to be without it.
OK so I do have a question. What is the purpose of the plate standing next to the sword lock? I know there used to be a decal for sale to cover that, but I am wondering what it would hurt to remove it? I've played 100 games and haven't seen it prevent a stuck ball or anything like that. I'd like to remove it because it blocks some of the art on the art blades.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks John! I had never seen that sword mod Done in 15 minutes

#2063 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks John! I had never seen that sword mod here are my before and after shots, I love it! Also glad it looks better in person than when zooming in on my gloppy paint
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is best. Just dress up the stock one. The aftermarket one I got snapped very quickly.

#2064 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't know what it is about GOT, but it's one of the filthiest games I've ever seen. It's gotta be cleaned fairly regularly because of all the soot that builds up under plastics and in the Castle Black lane and orbit.

I'm thinking it's from the upper flippers being active all the time dropping dust all over underneath the upper playfield where it is tracked all over. Wouldn't it be cool if, like TZ, the upper flippers were only active when a ball was on that playfield? There would be less wear and tear and less coil dust all over the place.

I'm still working my way thru this thread, but are the decals available anywhere currently for the sword protector piece and the metal guide by the upper pf drain that matches the LE castle windows?

#2065 2 years ago

Yeah if you have this game get used to cleaning it every few hundred plays. Gets so dirty so fast.

#2066 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm still working my way thru this thread, but are the decals availabel for the metal guide by the upper pf drain that matches the LE castle windows?

If you want DiY i can help you and send you my selfmade decal picture. You put it in word, resize it to 2,8cm (1,1 inch?) and 14,6cm (5,75 inch?), put carpet tape on the backside of your print and done.
Looks like in the picture but bigger.
Only need your mailadress.
The result you see in the other picture.

SAM_0781 (3) (resized).JPGSAM_0781 (3) (resized).JPGSAM_0786 (resized).JPGSAM_0786 (resized).JPG
#2067 2 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

If you want DiY i can help you and send you my selfmade decal picture. You put it in word, resize it to 2,8cm (1,1 inch?) and 14,6cm (5,75 inch?), put carpet tape on the backside of your print and done.
Looks like in the picture but bigger.
Only need your mailadress.
The result you see in the other picture.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, but I think there must be different colors for the premium s. LE color scheme?

#2068 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks, but I think there must be different colors for the premium s. LE color scheme?

Ahem...

https://cointaker.com/products/game-of-thrones-upper-pf-castle-wall-replacement

#2069 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Oh. Yes. But it is easy to do. Do you have a good camera? Make pictures of the castle windows and double them again and again.
Then put them together as one big long picture.
Then you cut down to five windows.
Finish.

#2070 2 years ago

It always feels great peeling off the protective cover from a colordmd, but man... This game might be one that benefits the most from it. Stunning. I'm leaning towards dotsxl while all my others are on scan mode.
Sucks that ya can't get toppers for these

#2071 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Sucks that ya can't get toppers for these

There is a low-budget-Topper https://mcfarlane.com/toys/iron-throne-room/

Put some LEDs in and connect them with the pinball machine, so that the topper can react with your play.

Sure, it is no Stern-Topper, but better than nothing in my opinion.

3 weeks later
#2072 2 years ago

Just brought home a premium today. Have never really played it before. Looking forward to diving into it. I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions.

#2073 2 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

There is a low-budget-Topper https://mcfarlane.com/toys/iron-throne-room/
Put some LEDs in and connect them with the pinball machine, so that the topper can react with your play.
Sure, it is no Stern-Topper, but better than nothing in my opinion.

I'd actually rather have nothing

#2074 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'd actually rather have nothing

Are you sure?

#2075 2 years ago

The scale is not proportionate to the machine, you would have to be standing right up to the back box to know what it is. A flapping Dragon however, You can see that 10 meters away.

#2076 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

The scale is not proportionate to the machine, you would have to be standing right up to the back box to know what it is. A flapping Dragon however, You can see that 10 meters away.

I agree with your opinion, however I must issue one demerit for living in Florida and speaking in metric. flag down, automatic first down.

#2077 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I agree with your opinion, however I must issue one demerit for living in Florida and speaking in metric. flag down, automatic first down.

Well since everyone in the US Military uses metric, I believe I have earned that right as I am currently serving. Furthermore, as I was replying to a German collector, the use of metric is more relevant. If you feel left out it would be 32.8084 FEET for you.

#2078 2 years ago

Oh!!! yzfguy just got ROASTED!!!

(And yes...I'm still stalking you in all the threads.)

#2079 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Well since everyone in the US Military uses metric, I believe I have earned that right as I am currently serving. Furthermore, as I was replying to a German collector, the use of metric is more relevant. If you feel left out it would be 32.8084 FEET for you.

Well, damn. Thank you for your service

1 week later
#2080 2 years ago

My father-in-law has an issue with his GoT LE. it's consistently making a certain sound, I'm hoping you guys can tell me what usually causes this sound. I'm assuming it's just a leaf switch with a gap that's too narrow. If I can figure out what normally makes that sound, it will make fixing it much easier. Thanks for your help. Video below:

#2081 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

My father-in-law has an issue with his GoT LE. it's consistently making a certain sound, I'm hoping you guys can tell me what usually causes this sound. I'm assuming it's just a leaf switch with a gap that's too narrow. If I can figure out what normally makes that sound, it will make fixing it much easier. Thanks for your help. Video below:

Yep...that's a switch, and it's most likely on the upper playfield. I had that problem once. Put the machine into switch test and bang on the upper playfield with your hand to see if it triggers a switch. If it doesn't, do the same on the main playfield. Once you find the switch, just regap it. But that sound is the game awarding like 10 points for one of those stupid standups.

#2082 2 years ago

That’s the sound of the “slingshots” on the upper playfield. One of the leaf switches are in constant contact.

#2083 2 years ago

Getting familiar with the rules and enjoying the game. Not sure what the Castle Black insert means?

#2084 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Getting familiar with the rules and enjoying the game. Not sure what the Castle Black insert means?

Castle Black is where the Night's Watch HQ is located. Doing this is what progresses towards Battle for the Wall Multiball. When you do that, it has the big wheel that counts down roman numerals. Once it gets to 0 it says "Ready" and the right orbit turns purple and you shoot that to start the multiball.

1 week later
#2085 2 years ago

Hey all. Just wanted to share a new creation that I made for Game of Thrones. Customized inlane and sling protectors. Here is the blue with "Winter Is Coming" on my premium. I can do most colors and can customize the text (permitting that it fits within the boundaries). Link to my ad below if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/131322

IMG_3473 (resized).JPEGIMG_3473 (resized).JPEGIMG_3470 (resized).JPEGIMG_3470 (resized).JPEG

IMG_3496 (resized).JPEGIMG_3496 (resized).JPEG
#2086 2 years ago

hello guys, is there a possibility to buy a decal set of the le version (cabinet and backbox)?

can someone help me?

best regards ralf

1 week later
#2087 2 years ago

This fucker was so dirty from LAX and being at a buddy’s house for a while. So nice looking all cleaned up.

07C8B9E9-C3F4-4CA5-8555-BA98F3158CA8 (resized).jpeg07C8B9E9-C3F4-4CA5-8555-BA98F3158CA8 (resized).jpeg
#2088 2 years ago

If anyone is looking for a Game of Thrones LE, I am picking up a game in Rochester NY on April 2nd. So could bring the game to the US if that helps a potential buyer. Details of the game are posted here. Has many upgrades including the original Stern topper and colordmd, shaker, etc. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/132026

#2089 2 years ago

Anyone else have a hard time hitting the right stand up on the upper playfield? Seems like the rubber to the right of it blocks the shot and you have to hit the target just right.

#2090 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone else have a hard time hitting the right stand up on the upper playfield? Seems like the rubber to the right of it blocks the shot and you have to hit the target just right.

Yeah. The rubber guards it a bit. I found it easiest to backhand with the right flipper.

#2091 2 years ago

Backhand it with the right flipper or adjust the target.

6A0E8C6D-08B6-4AC9-9B4A-61326A17E887 (resized).jpeg6A0E8C6D-08B6-4AC9-9B4A-61326A17E887 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2092 1 year ago

The lighted pinball flipper kit for Game of Thrones has been added to the pinside shops (also https://www.ArcadeMade.com)

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1113-arcademade/06787-lit-kit-flippers-for-game-of-thrones-pinball-mod

Stern---Game-of-Thrones-pinside-close (resized).jpgStern---Game-of-Thrones-pinside-close (resized).jpgStern---Game-of-Thrones-2-600 (resized).jpgStern---Game-of-Thrones-2-600 (resized).jpgStern---Game-of-Thrones-1-600 (resized).jpgStern---Game-of-Thrones-1-600 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2093 1 year ago

Hi everyone!

I'm back in the club after purchasing an LE. Question for you.

I bought an LED colorDMD off my buddy who used it for his tron. What would I need for the GoT?

Clear shied, mounting standoffs, and what else?

Thanks!

#2094 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Hi everyone!
I'm back in the club after purchasing an LE.

Welcome back!! Such a great game!!

1 week later
#2095 1 year ago

Quick question for those who likely know every detail of this fabulous pin! I have had my GOT premium now for about a month, truly love it, learn more every day!

Here's what I am curious about - thanks in advance for your comments:

I am mostly trying to determine if this is intended, by design feature - there seems to be nothing written about this. Or if it is potentially a software bug ??

When you complete houses, the play field inserts turn solid, the color of the house. But... if you select house Stark to start the game, then when the houses are completed they turn solid white (all houses)! At first I thought maybe this happens only when you use the Stark action (button) to complete a house, but I tested it during play and if house Stark is selected, even if you complete any house the normal way, the insert goes solid white.

If you select any other house to start, the inserts go solid colored

Is this by design and what is it intending to indicate? Just the fact that you can use the action button, so completing houses is somehow different/special or easier ? Again, it goes white even if you complete a house with the shots??

thanks much!

#2096 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

Quick question for those who likely know every detail of this fabulous pin! I have had my GOT premium now for about a month, truly love it, learn more every day!
I am mostly trying to determine if this is intended, by design feature - there seems to be nothing written about this. Or if it is potentially a software bug ??
When you complete houses, the play field inserts turn solid, the color of the house. But... if you select house Stark to start the game, then when the houses are completed they turn solid white (all houses)! At first I thought maybe this happens only when you use the Stark action (button) to complete a house, but I tested it during play and if house Stark is selected, even if you complete any house the normal way, the insert goes solid white.
Is this by design and what is it intending to indicate? Just the fact that you can use the action button, so completing houses is somehow different/special or easier ? Again, it goes white even if you complete a house with the shots??
thanks much!

Yep. On the premium the inserts are all clear. So when you complete a house battle that is like house stark or martell or whatever you are now controls that house, hence the inserts turn your house’s color.

#2097 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

thanks much!

Only way I know to answer this question is White is the Stark color. Acts no different than any other house, just white!

#2098 1 year ago

thank you, someone else reached out to me to advise the same. So the house you choose... that will be the color all inserts go solid when houses completed - cool feature

thanks!

mike

#2099 1 year ago

Public Service Announcement. Don't forget to clean under your upper playfield! I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I've done it in about 2000 games.

20220516_182848 (resized).jpg20220516_182848 (resized).jpg
#2100 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Public Service Announcement. Don't forget to clean under your upper playfield! I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I've done it in about 2000 games.
[quoted image]

Is there a quick and easy way to get it off? I’ve not done it yet and it appears to be no fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
There are 2,241 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/42?hl=red-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.